• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Can you guess what these sports betting references mean

    12 Next Last»
    I-Got-5-On-It
    StumpTownStu
    Midnight1
    TheGoldenGoose
    Mark_The_Narc
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 316
    Posts: 42
    12 Next Last»
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 1:47 PM ET #1

    Mini quiz time an_speak  

    Most, if not all, are from the UK

    Oh and please don't look them up beforehand an_shake

     

    1. Nap

    2. Coupon Buster 

    3. Lump on 

    4. Acca

    5. Punter

    6. Fiddler

     

    following 6 are all various sums of money 

    7. Ayrton

    8. Monkey

    9. Bag

    10. Score

    11. Pony

    12. Ton

     

    anyone with any interesting rare betting expressions please feel free to post welcome

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Mini quiz time an_speak  

    Most, if not all, are from the UK

    Oh and please don't look them up beforehand an_shake

     

    1. Nap

    2. Coupon Buster 

    3. Lump on 

    4. Acca

    5. Punter

    6. Fiddler

     

    following 6 are all various sums of money 

    7. Ayrton

    8. Monkey

    9. Bag

    10. Score

    11. Pony

    12. Ton

     

    anyone with any interesting rare betting expressions please feel free to post welcome

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 2:43 PM ET #2

    I only know punter, which I use relatively often, so i'm looking them up.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I only know punter, which I use relatively often, so i'm looking them up.

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 3:00 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I only know punter, which I use relatively often, so i'm looking them up.

    This term is different to an NFL punter 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I only know punter, which I use relatively often, so i'm looking them up.

    This term is different to an NFL punter 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 3:02 PM ET #4

    Nap = Boxer Knockout?

    Reply

    Nap = Boxer Knockout?

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 3:12 PM ET #5

    monkey = a 10 note bill?

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    monkey = a 10 note bill?

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 3:41 PM ET #6

    @Midnight1

     No

     smiley_3 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     No

     smiley_3 

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 3:42 PM ET #7

    @TheGoldenGoose

     

    No

     an_angel

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    @TheGoldenGoose

     

    No

     an_angel

     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 4:05 PM ET #8

    Lets put it this way....spend 5 minutes on a baccarat table you'll know what monkey is real quick. Or mookie or something that sounds like monkey.

    Reply

    Lets put it this way....spend 5 minutes on a baccarat table you'll know what monkey is real quick. Or mookie or something that sounds like monkey.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 4:33 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: I only know punter, which I use relatively often, so i'm looking them up. This term is different to an NFL punter

    Why would I be using the term punter in terms of football punting often? Even in the context of a sports related website, how often is punting referenced? 

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: I only know punter, which I use relatively often, so i'm looking them up. This term is different to an NFL punter

    Why would I be using the term punter in terms of football punting often? Even in the context of a sports related website, how often is punting referenced? 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 4:44 PM ET #10

    2. A team that blows your parlay?

    I've got two guesses for ton. The first is obvious, $2000. The other not so obvious, $100.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    2. A team that blows your parlay?

    I've got two guesses for ton. The first is obvious, $2000. The other not so obvious, $100.

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 5:54 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    2. A team that blows your parlay? I've got two guesses for ton. The first is obvious, $2000. The other not so obvious, $100.

     

    bang on the money for coupon buster- a big priced underdog who wins (or draws) unexpectedly against a heavy favourite thus rendering a parlay ticket an_burn_money 

    a ton is a actually hundred, sometimes referred to as a century 

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    2. A team that blows your parlay? I've got two guesses for ton. The first is obvious, $2000. The other not so obvious, $100.

     

    bang on the money for coupon buster- a big priced underdog who wins (or draws) unexpectedly against a heavy favourite thus rendering a parlay ticket an_burn_money 

    a ton is a actually hundred, sometimes referred to as a century 

     

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2020 - 5:58 PM ET #12

    @StumpTownStu

     Punter in this case means a bettor, especially a regular, normal recreational bettor 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     Punter in this case means a bettor, especially a regular, normal recreational bettor 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2020 - 12:19 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    @StumpTownStu  Punter in this case means a bettor, especially a regular, normal recreational bettor

    I know. Like I said, I use the term somewhat often.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    @StumpTownStu  Punter in this case means a bettor, especially a regular, normal recreational bettor

    I know. Like I said, I use the term somewhat often.

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2020 - 9:48 AM ET #14

    A gambling mentor of mine was from Liverpool.He used the term Quid all the time for money..never heard him use any of the words above except punter.

    Reply

    A gambling mentor of mine was from Liverpool.He used the term Quid all the time for money..never heard him use any of the words above except punter.

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2020 - 9:56 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    A gambling mentor of mine was from Liverpool.He used the term Quid all the time for money..never heard him use any of the words above except punter.

     

    Quid is English slang for a pound £ 

    kinda like buck for $ 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    A gambling mentor of mine was from Liverpool.He used the term Quid all the time for money..never heard him use any of the words above except punter.

     

    Quid is English slang for a pound £ 

    kinda like buck for $ 

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2020 - 10:01 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Lets put it this way....spend 5 minutes on a baccarat table you'll know what monkey is real quick. Or mookie or something that sounds like monkey.

     

    I saw what monkey is in baccarat but this expression has a different meaning to the one in baccarat 

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    Lets put it this way....spend 5 minutes on a baccarat table you'll know what monkey is real quick. Or mookie or something that sounds like monkey.

     

    I saw what monkey is in baccarat but this expression has a different meaning to the one in baccarat 

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2020 - 1:49 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It: @StumpTownStu  Punter in this case means a bettor, especially a regular, normal recreational bettor I know. Like I said, I use the term somewhat often.

    peace_5

     

    didn't realise punter was used the other side of the pond very often 

     

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It: @StumpTownStu  Punter in this case means a bettor, especially a regular, normal recreational bettor I know. Like I said, I use the term somewhat often.

    peace_5

     

    didn't realise punter was used the other side of the pond very often 

     

     

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2020 - 1:55 PM ET #18

    adding another word 

     

    Flutter 

     

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    adding another word 

     

    Flutter 

     

     

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2020 - 11:58 AM ET #19

    Anyone else an_popcorn

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Anyone else an_popcorn

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2020 - 12:20 PM ET #20

    Lump on. =double down or add to the existing bet.

    Ton = a large bet. 

     

    Reply

    Lump on. =double down or add to the existing bet.

    Ton = a large bet. 

     

     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2020 - 1:22 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    Lump on. =double down or add to the existing bet. Ton = a large bet.

     

    Ton is already defined as a hundred 

     

    'Lump on' close but generally refers to betting heavy on a favourite like a -300,-450 or -500 etc

    in other words paying heavy juice just to win a 100 or two

     

     

     

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    Lump on. =double down or add to the existing bet. Ton = a large bet.

     

    Ton is already defined as a hundred 

     

    'Lump on' close but generally refers to betting heavy on a favourite like a -300,-450 or -500 etc

    in other words paying heavy juice just to win a 100 or two

     

     

     

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2020 - 10:01 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc: Lets put it this way....spend 5 minutes on a baccarat table you'll know what monkey is real quick. Or mookie or something that sounds like monkey.   I saw what monkey is in baccarat but this expression has a different meaning to the one in baccarat

    Yes, hear "Mon-Kee" all the time in Baccarat and Blackjack so that's why I took a shot at "10".

    Had to look it up, so I'm good, but my lips are now SEALED!

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc: Lets put it this way....spend 5 minutes on a baccarat table you'll know what monkey is real quick. Or mookie or something that sounds like monkey.   I saw what monkey is in baccarat but this expression has a different meaning to the one in baccarat

    Yes, hear "Mon-Kee" all the time in Baccarat and Blackjack so that's why I took a shot at "10".

    Had to look it up, so I'm good, but my lips are now SEALED!

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2020 - 10:13 PM ET #23

    I'll take a shot at "Fiddler" being a "Middle Wager" or playing the middle on a game.

    Example: 1st book has a basketball team at -8.5 and 2nd book has it at -6.

    So you'd take the Dog at +8.5 and also bet the Favorite at -6 hoping to hit a 6,7, or 8 for a double win.  Or just lose the Vig?

     

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I'll take a shot at "Fiddler" being a "Middle Wager" or playing the middle on a game.

    Example: 1st book has a basketball team at -8.5 and 2nd book has it at -6.

    So you'd take the Dog at +8.5 and also bet the Favorite at -6 hoping to hit a 6,7, or 8 for a double win.  Or just lose the Vig?

     

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2020 - 11:36 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    Lump on. =double down or add to the existing bet. Ton = a large bet.

    fitting a ton in England is 100 pounds a toony in Canada is 2 dollars canadian...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    Lump on. =double down or add to the existing bet. Ton = a large bet.

    fitting a ton in England is 100 pounds a toony in Canada is 2 dollars canadian...

     
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2020 - 12:43 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    I'll take a shot at "Fiddler" being a "Middle Wager" or playing the middle on a game. Example: 1st book has a basketball team at -8.5 and 2nd book has it at -6. So you'd take the Dog at +8.5 and also bet the Favorite at -6 hoping to hit a 6,7, or 8 for a double win.  Or just lose the Vig?

     

    good guess but fiddler generally refers to a small time bettor 

    what you referenced with the middling is similar to arbitrage even though middling still has some risk involved as you have to hope for that game to land on that exact score to lock in the profit 

    Arbers (as they are called) bet moneylines that have odds close to just over evens like taking both teams +105 at different books guaranteeing a profit

    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    I'll take a shot at "Fiddler" being a "Middle Wager" or playing the middle on a game. Example: 1st book has a basketball team at -8.5 and 2nd book has it at -6. So you'd take the Dog at +8.5 and also bet the Favorite at -6 hoping to hit a 6,7, or 8 for a double win.  Or just lose the Vig?

     

    good guess but fiddler generally refers to a small time bettor 

    what you referenced with the middling is similar to arbitrage even though middling still has some risk involved as you have to hope for that game to land on that exact score to lock in the profit 

    Arbers (as they are called) bet moneylines that have odds close to just over evens like taking both teams +105 at different books guaranteeing a profit

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,538
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,241
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.