• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Bovada Disabled my Account Due to "VPN Being out of State"

    «First Previous 12
    slamspurs
    lakers34kb
    Nut_Flopper
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 25824
    Posts: 32
    «First Previous 12
     
    slamspurs
    slamspurs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 5717
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2015 - 11:39 PM ET #26

    Sportsbooks are in the business of making money. Having all these linesmakers, livechats, workers picking up cash, customer service reps. This all costs money.

    With the wealth of information found on the internet, people are much more informed bettors. I remember when I first started here the concept of "fading the public" was laughable. Now that there are so many people doing it, it's tougher for the books to operate.

    Most books can't afford to have an abundance of sharp players that bet hard on games. So when you get to a certain point, they make it harder for you by doing things such as limiting your bets.

    Winners are not their target market, so they really don't have many reasons to keep you happy. You are costing them money by winning, and I bet they can't wait to get rid of you.

    Bookmaker is smart by only allowing MG and WU cash deposits. That way they can't get charged back by credit cards or have other transactions reversed. Once they have collected the cash, there's no way you can take it back. That's probably why they're more willing to let you bet whatever you want. Probably why they'll be the one of the ones to survive if a lot of these smaller books start to go down.

    Reply

    Sportsbooks are in the business of making money. Having all these linesmakers, livechats, workers picking up cash, customer service reps. This all costs money.

    With the wealth of information found on the internet, people are much more informed bettors. I remember when I first started here the concept of "fading the public" was laughable. Now that there are so many people doing it, it's tougher for the books to operate.

    Most books can't afford to have an abundance of sharp players that bet hard on games. So when you get to a certain point, they make it harder for you by doing things such as limiting your bets.

    Winners are not their target market, so they really don't have many reasons to keep you happy. You are costing them money by winning, and I bet they can't wait to get rid of you.

    Bookmaker is smart by only allowing MG and WU cash deposits. That way they can't get charged back by credit cards or have other transactions reversed. Once they have collected the cash, there's no way you can take it back. That's probably why they're more willing to let you bet whatever you want. Probably why they'll be the one of the ones to survive if a lot of these smaller books start to go down.

     
    slamspurs
    slamspurs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 5717
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2015 - 12:00 AM ET #27

    P.S. Thanks for the education on BetIslands. I think I kept an e-mail from them in my inbox for over a year because they were offering a really nice signup bonus or free money to sign up.

    Usually that's a red flag of a desperate book though. I've been looking through SBR out of curiosity. I remember their rating guide used to have everyone on it. Now I'm having issues finding my previous book. I just erased their name because I don't want to give them publicity.

    I only used them because they were offering matched 100% free plays. I knew it sounded like a desperate book, but those bonuses really saved me a lot of money and allowed me to nearly double the payout of my straight bets.

    I'm wondering what they're rated now. After I quit playing with them, they would call me constantly begging me to come back and make a deposit. When I turned $300 into about $17k starting maxxing out my wagers at $1000, and they saw I was getting so close to bankrupting them hitting  10/11 and 11/12 on my parlays that they started capping out my parlays at 8 teams.

    Reply

    P.S. Thanks for the education on BetIslands. I think I kept an e-mail from them in my inbox for over a year because they were offering a really nice signup bonus or free money to sign up.

    Usually that's a red flag of a desperate book though. I've been looking through SBR out of curiosity. I remember their rating guide used to have everyone on it. Now I'm having issues finding my previous book. I just erased their name because I don't want to give them publicity.

    I only used them because they were offering matched 100% free plays. I knew it sounded like a desperate book, but those bonuses really saved me a lot of money and allowed me to nearly double the payout of my straight bets.

    I'm wondering what they're rated now. After I quit playing with them, they would call me constantly begging me to come back and make a deposit. When I turned $300 into about $17k starting maxxing out my wagers at $1000, and they saw I was getting so close to bankrupting them hitting  10/11 and 11/12 on my parlays that they started capping out my parlays at 8 teams.

     
    lakers34kb
    lakers34kb
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 25833
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2015 - 11:48 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77:

    Okay, I'm the dope now.

    My Bovada account has officially been disabled for the last time due to me accessing the account from outside of VPN.  

    I used my phone this time, accessing the 4G, which I was told should be okay, but alas....14K.  My winnings.  Gonezo.

    Chalk it up.  Here is the lesson learned.  If any of you people use Bovada.lv as your book, you are an assshole who deserves to never see money again.

    So let's review:

    They will not pay you if you reach 10K or higher.

    They force you to make "compromise bets" when you win too much.  A compromise bet is when they "suggest" a new spread to you.  For instance, Creighton +6 (-115) 2H was a game I wanted last week.  They'll suggest you bet it at Creighton +5 (-115).  If you reject, sorry, you don't get to bet this game.

    They sometimes won't allow you to bet a game period.

    They hit you with not only their 15% fee when depositing, but also a POS charge from your bank that usually rounds out to about 15-20 a transaction.

    Oh, and it had been 5 business days and I had yet to get ONE DAMN PAYOUT GRANTED.

    So ya, I'm going to go put my head through a glass window and hope one of the shards gets a vein.

    Let the I told ya so's begin........

    I had $8,000 in my account before the weekend, and I requested a moneygram payout that I received cash within 48 hours. I'm down to around $6,000 right now and requested half via a check.

    I can confirm they do alter lines when you want to wager a large amount usually more than $500. 

    I access my account via my phone all the time, not sure what the issue is there. I agree their lines and limits are a joke but they do payout. I'm sure you will get your money out as well. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77:

    Okay, I'm the dope now.

    My Bovada account has officially been disabled for the last time due to me accessing the account from outside of VPN.  

    I used my phone this time, accessing the 4G, which I was told should be okay, but alas....14K.  My winnings.  Gonezo.

    Chalk it up.  Here is the lesson learned.  If any of you people use Bovada.lv as your book, you are an assshole who deserves to never see money again.

    So let's review:

    They will not pay you if you reach 10K or higher.

    They force you to make "compromise bets" when you win too much.  A compromise bet is when they "suggest" a new spread to you.  For instance, Creighton +6 (-115) 2H was a game I wanted last week.  They'll suggest you bet it at Creighton +5 (-115).  If you reject, sorry, you don't get to bet this game.

    They sometimes won't allow you to bet a game period.

    They hit you with not only their 15% fee when depositing, but also a POS charge from your bank that usually rounds out to about 15-20 a transaction.

    Oh, and it had been 5 business days and I had yet to get ONE DAMN PAYOUT GRANTED.

    So ya, I'm going to go put my head through a glass window and hope one of the shards gets a vein.

    Let the I told ya so's begin........

    I had $8,000 in my account before the weekend, and I requested a moneygram payout that I received cash within 48 hours. I'm down to around $6,000 right now and requested half via a check.

    I can confirm they do alter lines when you want to wager a large amount usually more than $500. 

    I access my account via my phone all the time, not sure what the issue is there. I agree their lines and limits are a joke but they do payout. I'm sure you will get your money out as well. 
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2015 - 1:37 PM ET #29

    I have had many issues with Bodog/Bovada over the years but they was always paid. Although, with the big hit I can see them using "technicalities" to cancel your account.

    I had all the same complaints dual lines (I would call a friend to see what line on a game they gave him and it was always different than mine), boxed games, juiced lines, wager limiting all made me drop them eventually but like I said they always paid me.

    Truth be told if you are a US player your money is not safe offshore anywhere. If you don't think any book can fold in a minutes notice you are naive. Not saying they will but the possibility to lose your accounts with the "trusted" US books like 5 dimes, youwager, bookmaker etc. is real. It is an additional level of risk most don't consider. Bottom line is offshore betting will never be 100% safe for US players until the laws change. Caveat emptor, nature of the beast these days.


    Reply
    I have had many issues with Bodog/Bovada over the years but they was always paid. Although, with the big hit I can see them using "technicalities" to cancel your account.

    I had all the same complaints dual lines (I would call a friend to see what line on a game they gave him and it was always different than mine), boxed games, juiced lines, wager limiting all made me drop them eventually but like I said they always paid me.

    Truth be told if you are a US player your money is not safe offshore anywhere. If you don't think any book can fold in a minutes notice you are naive. Not saying they will but the possibility to lose your accounts with the "trusted" US books like 5 dimes, youwager, bookmaker etc. is real. It is an additional level of risk most don't consider. Bottom line is offshore betting will never be 100% safe for US players until the laws change. Caveat emptor, nature of the beast these days.


     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jan. 19, 2015 - 2:09 PM ET #30

    Also agreeing with my friend Goose.

    Covers and SBR among others are pimps for bad books.

    Covers Beted debacle
    The ridiculous rise and fall of "Sarah J Phillips"
    SBR's Betisland scam

    The list goes on. It is how they make their money pimping books, shilling touts and pop up ads but I can't blame them for that. It's a successful business model. They are a great source of information as well.

    This isn't aimed at you Drizzle but It amazes me how most people have no clue how the offshore industry works and do little to no research on where they put their money.

    Check the industry forum and see how many posts there are regarding people depositing into no name books or paypaling some random guy they met here at covers who just created an account two days ago. Also anybody who buys picks, you deserve to lose. It is sheer insanity.

    Seriously I have no sympathy for some of these guys.

    Sorry to get off topic. I hope you are able to eventually cash out Drizzle I would not just let it drop. That is a good chunk of change.






    Reply
    Also agreeing with my friend Goose.

    Covers and SBR among others are pimps for bad books.

    Covers Beted debacle
    The ridiculous rise and fall of "Sarah J Phillips"
    SBR's Betisland scam

    The list goes on. It is how they make their money pimping books, shilling touts and pop up ads but I can't blame them for that. It's a successful business model. They are a great source of information as well.

    This isn't aimed at you Drizzle but It amazes me how most people have no clue how the offshore industry works and do little to no research on where they put their money.

    Check the industry forum and see how many posts there are regarding people depositing into no name books or paypaling some random guy they met here at covers who just created an account two days ago. Also anybody who buys picks, you deserve to lose. It is sheer insanity.

    Seriously I have no sympathy for some of these guys.

    Sorry to get off topic. I hope you are able to eventually cash out Drizzle I would not just let it drop. That is a good chunk of change.






     
    lakers34kb
    lakers34kb
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 25833
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 1:25 PM ET #31

    Requested check on Monday and received it just now 
    Reply
    Requested check on Monday and received it just now 
     
     
    slamspurs
    slamspurs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 5717
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2015 - 8:23 PM ET #32

    I did a little research about BetED and BetIslands after you guys mentioned it.

    Apparently there is some rumor, with evidence that covers was in cahoots with BetED and was pumping them despite knowing they were going down quickly.

    I understand I guess. You gotta make money to keep the site open, but you've got all these ads now that are slowing the site down. Still the best site in terms of users and info though. Shieet I don't even bet and I come post here. 
    Reply
    I did a little research about BetED and BetIslands after you guys mentioned it.

    Apparently there is some rumor, with evidence that covers was in cahoots with BetED and was pumping them despite knowing they were going down quickly.

    I understand I guess. You gotta make money to keep the site open, but you've got all these ads now that are slowing the site down. Still the best site in terms of users and info though. Shieet I don't even bet and I come post here. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,450
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 691
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,366
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,014
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,523
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,890
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,945
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,319
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,363

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.