• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Anyone in Real Estate?

    12 Next Last»
    ad1260
    Messier-11
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Nut_Flopper
    slikstiks99
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 13205
    Posts: 50
    12 Next Last»
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 8:40 PM ET #1

    I ended up changing my mind on going to teach English in South Korea so I am stuck here still waiting tables with a bachelors degree in history...and am definitely looking for a full time job (real job, but nothing against my fellow servers out there that make their living doing so). Anyway's I went on to Prudential's website and took the Core Capacities Index exam also known as the CCI. Evidently my scores matched those of some of their top sellers so they set up an interview/meeting with me and I ended up meeting with the manager lady today.

    Anyway, I went in there and we really hit it off (no, not like that, this lady is pushing 60 easily ) and ended up chatting and everything for 1.5 hours  lol. But I guess that is a good thing...well it was a good thing. She ended up telling me how she would be interested in having me to be apart of the Prudential team yadayadayada...she gave me a bunch of info on where to go to school/course offerings in my area where to get my real estate license. She said as soon as I registered to call her back and she would have me back for a tour of the office and to meet some of the other agents and to even sit in on some of her course seminars or whatever that she does in the office occasionally. She claimed that I seem to have a natural personality for the real estate business, etc. and that she thinks that I could really make a decent living doing so. 

    So, now I am more than intrigued by her confidence in me and excited about the possibility of becoming a real estate agent. I am 24, single, no kids, no serious expenses or real commitments of any sort...I guess I am trying to figure out if this is actually worth pursuing, I am a waiter right now and looking for an actual damn career. I looked up the class in my area and it starts August 9th and runs 2 months and it is Tuesdays and Thursdays either 8am-12pm or 6pm-10pm. SO not that big of a commitment/interference with my life. Any of you guys taken this pre-licensing course? Is it difficult? Oh and the cost of the course is $425 and then there is a $500 membership fee to join the Realtor's Committee or Association once I actually complete the course and am ready to get in to actually being an agent. 

    SO the ultimate question is...have any of you guys taken the course? If so, please explain it to me...and for you guys actually into real estate how would you describe the lifestyle? How is the income? (Yes, I know it is a very up and down game). Thanks guys and any recommendations/tips you guys have are greatly appreciated 

    Like I said, I am young, single, no kids, and am driven looking for a steady career to keep me busy and motivated and looking to earn a decent living and have no serious expenses at this time. Thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate your input and time!  I hope everyone is enjoying this MLB All-Star Break, a bit of a treat for the middle of the week if you ask me 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I ended up changing my mind on going to teach English in South Korea so I am stuck here still waiting tables with a bachelors degree in history...and am definitely looking for a full time job (real job, but nothing against my fellow servers out there that make their living doing so). Anyway's I went on to Prudential's website and took the Core Capacities Index exam also known as the CCI. Evidently my scores matched those of some of their top sellers so they set up an interview/meeting with me and I ended up meeting with the manager lady today.

    Anyway, I went in there and we really hit it off (no, not like that, this lady is pushing 60 easily ) and ended up chatting and everything for 1.5 hours  lol. But I guess that is a good thing...well it was a good thing. She ended up telling me how she would be interested in having me to be apart of the Prudential team yadayadayada...she gave me a bunch of info on where to go to school/course offerings in my area where to get my real estate license. She said as soon as I registered to call her back and she would have me back for a tour of the office and to meet some of the other agents and to even sit in on some of her course seminars or whatever that she does in the office occasionally. She claimed that I seem to have a natural personality for the real estate business, etc. and that she thinks that I could really make a decent living doing so. 

    So, now I am more than intrigued by her confidence in me and excited about the possibility of becoming a real estate agent. I am 24, single, no kids, no serious expenses or real commitments of any sort...I guess I am trying to figure out if this is actually worth pursuing, I am a waiter right now and looking for an actual damn career. I looked up the class in my area and it starts August 9th and runs 2 months and it is Tuesdays and Thursdays either 8am-12pm or 6pm-10pm. SO not that big of a commitment/interference with my life. Any of you guys taken this pre-licensing course? Is it difficult? Oh and the cost of the course is $425 and then there is a $500 membership fee to join the Realtor's Committee or Association once I actually complete the course and am ready to get in to actually being an agent. 

    SO the ultimate question is...have any of you guys taken the course? If so, please explain it to me...and for you guys actually into real estate how would you describe the lifestyle? How is the income? (Yes, I know it is a very up and down game). Thanks guys and any recommendations/tips you guys have are greatly appreciated 

    Like I said, I am young, single, no kids, and am driven looking for a steady career to keep me busy and motivated and looking to earn a decent living and have no serious expenses at this time. Thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate your input and time!  I hope everyone is enjoying this MLB All-Star Break, a bit of a treat for the middle of the week if you ask me 
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 8:57 PM ET #2

    I dabble in real estate and have worked for century 21 for a few years. Don't go through all the motions and studying and then take the test just to find out you aren't eligible. I remember you mentioning you got a dui. That can make it tough to get a real estate license in certain states i believe. Hopefully, you live in a good area for it and best of luck with the rest.
    Reply
    I dabble in real estate and have worked for century 21 for a few years. Don't go through all the motions and studying and then take the test just to find out you aren't eligible. I remember you mentioning you got a dui. That can make it tough to get a real estate license in certain states i believe. Hopefully, you live in a good area for it and best of luck with the rest.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:03 PM ET #3

    Messier----indeed I do have a DUI, honestly, I didn't even think about that .....that's a good call though man I guess I should just go ahead and tell the lady about my DUI before I register for the damn class?
    Reply
    Messier----indeed I do have a DUI, honestly, I didn't even think about that .....that's a good call though man I guess I should just go ahead and tell the lady about my DUI before I register for the damn class?
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:03 PM ET #4

    I am taking a course on tax lien investing.  From what I know about it so far, it is an excellent way to make money.
    Reply
    I am taking a course on tax lien investing.  From what I know about it so far, it is an excellent way to make money.
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:10 PM ET #5

    Been a broker in Cali since 1995. Worked at a Prudential for a few years. I also worked as a Sr. Asset Manager for a major bank for 12 years and hired thousands of RE agents nationwide to sell the banks foreclosures in my portfolio that I managed.

    Most big brokerages are a numbers game. They suck in as many people as possible to profit if you happen to become successful or getting their cut of you selling Uncle Joe's house etc. before you give up as well. Don't get me wrong they want and will help you succeed but the failure rate is so high they are ok with you selling what you can in your "sphere of influence" and bailing out.

    They are a necessary evil in the beginning once you pass your test they will run you through the "practical" classes that apply to the day to day business. That is where you actually learn how to sell.

    The state required classes are mostly crap that is not practical in every day business but required to take the state test. You basically cram for the state exam and flush the info once you pass. Not saying its all BS but more so than not.

    If you choose this path don't expect to make any money for at least 6 months maybe longer. It's a hard business to start up and be successful at and ridiculously competitive. It takes a lot of perseverance and a lot of time. The quick success stories are few and far between.

    The saying goes 10% of the agents do 90% of the business which is pretty accurate.

    If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.




    Reply
    Been a broker in Cali since 1995. Worked at a Prudential for a few years. I also worked as a Sr. Asset Manager for a major bank for 12 years and hired thousands of RE agents nationwide to sell the banks foreclosures in my portfolio that I managed.

    Most big brokerages are a numbers game. They suck in as many people as possible to profit if you happen to become successful or getting their cut of you selling Uncle Joe's house etc. before you give up as well. Don't get me wrong they want and will help you succeed but the failure rate is so high they are ok with you selling what you can in your "sphere of influence" and bailing out.

    They are a necessary evil in the beginning once you pass your test they will run you through the "practical" classes that apply to the day to day business. That is where you actually learn how to sell.

    The state required classes are mostly crap that is not practical in every day business but required to take the state test. You basically cram for the state exam and flush the info once you pass. Not saying its all BS but more so than not.

    If you choose this path don't expect to make any money for at least 6 months maybe longer. It's a hard business to start up and be successful at and ridiculously competitive. It takes a lot of perseverance and a lot of time. The quick success stories are few and far between.

    The saying goes 10% of the agents do 90% of the business which is pretty accurate.

    If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.




     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:13 PM ET #6

    Messier, I just looked it up----I don't think having a DUI will affect it at all. It looks like if you are a convicted felon it's a little different...
    Reply
    Messier, I just looked it up----I don't think having a DUI will affect it at all. It looks like if you are a convicted felon it's a little different...
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:15 PM ET #7

    1 DUI shouldn't make a difference unless you get a string of them, at least in Cali.

    I caught a DUI about 3 years ago.
    Reply
    1 DUI shouldn't make a difference unless you get a string of them, at least in Cali.

    I caught a DUI about 3 years ago.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:24 PM ET #8

    Nut_Flopper, friend request and pm coming soon my friend. 
    Reply
    Nut_Flopper, friend request and pm coming soon my friend. 
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:25 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    Messier, I just looked it up----I don't think having a DUI will affect it at all. It looks like if you are a convicted felon it's a little different...


     good to hear.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    Messier, I just looked it up----I don't think having a DUI will affect it at all. It looks like if you are a convicted felon it's a little different...


     good to hear.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:28 PM ET #10

    Messier-

    Nut_Flopper-Accept my PM as soon as you can so I can shoot you a PM bud 
    Reply
    Messier-

    Nut_Flopper-Accept my PM as soon as you can so I can shoot you a PM bud 
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:35 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    Messier-

    Nut_Flopper-Accept my PM as soon as you can so I can shoot you a PM bud 



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:

    Messier-

    Nut_Flopper-Accept my PM as soon as you can so I can shoot you a PM bud 



     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:36 PM ET #12

    Hell, I guess I could just ask you here lol....when you say that I shouldn't expect to make any money for at least 6 months, will I be able to at least wait tables a few nights a week to earn a little of something?
    Reply
    Hell, I guess I could just ask you here lol....when you say that I shouldn't expect to make any money for at least 6 months, will I be able to at least wait tables a few nights a week to earn a little of something?
     
    slikstiks99
    slikstiks99
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 6697
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:43 PM ET #13

    Well the risks are pretty low if you can maintain the same life style. You could still work in the evenings as before while exploring this other opportunity. You could still apply for teaching positions as they come. Surely, you are not just interested in teaching English in SKorea? Maybe a position opens up nearby.

    Reply

    Well the risks are pretty low if you can maintain the same life style. You could still work in the evenings as before while exploring this other opportunity. You could still apply for teaching positions as they come. Surely, you are not just interested in teaching English in SKorea? Maybe a position opens up nearby.

     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:46 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

    Well the risks are pretty low if you can maintain the same life style. You could still work in the evenings as before while exploring this other opportunity. You could still apply for teaching positions as they come. Surely, you are not just interested in teaching English in SKorea? Maybe a position opens up nearby.


    Yeah this is true. The risks are very low as long as I can continue to wait tables in the evenings at least a few nights a week... I was really just interested in teaching overseas more so for the travel/cultural experience, not necessarily because I really wanted to teach if you know what I mean? Thanks for the post/advice 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

    Well the risks are pretty low if you can maintain the same life style. You could still work in the evenings as before while exploring this other opportunity. You could still apply for teaching positions as they come. Surely, you are not just interested in teaching English in SKorea? Maybe a position opens up nearby.


    Yeah this is true. The risks are very low as long as I can continue to wait tables in the evenings at least a few nights a week... I was really just interested in teaching overseas more so for the travel/cultural experience, not necessarily because I really wanted to teach if you know what I mean? Thanks for the post/advice 
     
    slikstiks99
    slikstiks99
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 6697
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:50 PM ET #15

    I just saw that you have a DUI Ad. I hate to bring up a sore subject, but I'd be interested to know the details and what hirers have told you in regards to that. I feel for you man and hope all the best for you buddy.

    I will be teaching math shortly and through a series of small miracles I somehow don't have an OWI.

    Reply

    I just saw that you have a DUI Ad. I hate to bring up a sore subject, but I'd be interested to know the details and what hirers have told you in regards to that. I feel for you man and hope all the best for you buddy.

    I will be teaching math shortly and through a series of small miracles I somehow don't have an OWI.

     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 9:55 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

    I just saw that you have a DUI Ad. I hate to bring up a sore subject, but I'd be interested to know the details and what hirers have told you in regards to that. I feel for you man and hope all the best for you buddy.

    I will be teaching math shortly and through a series of small miracles I somehow don't have an OWI.


    It's all good man, not really a sore subject for me anymore...honestly, I haven't heard much about not being hired for any position yet because of DUI (I mean, obviously a driving job would probably immediately be counted out). But I actually just read about a lady that just recently got a teaching job and had a DUI (but evidently that was the only blip on her record) and like her, this 1 DUI is the only blip on my record thank god. Shit I feel ya on the small miracles part man, it was a long time coming for me but hell, I learned my lesson.

    As far as getting a real estate license and having a DUI (a misdemeanor) it doesn't appear to be a problem at all really...based on what I have read 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

    I just saw that you have a DUI Ad. I hate to bring up a sore subject, but I'd be interested to know the details and what hirers have told you in regards to that. I feel for you man and hope all the best for you buddy.

    I will be teaching math shortly and through a series of small miracles I somehow don't have an OWI.


    It's all good man, not really a sore subject for me anymore...honestly, I haven't heard much about not being hired for any position yet because of DUI (I mean, obviously a driving job would probably immediately be counted out). But I actually just read about a lady that just recently got a teaching job and had a DUI (but evidently that was the only blip on her record) and like her, this 1 DUI is the only blip on my record thank god. Shit I feel ya on the small miracles part man, it was a long time coming for me but hell, I learned my lesson.

    As far as getting a real estate license and having a DUI (a misdemeanor) it doesn't appear to be a problem at all really...based on what I have read 
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 10:00 PM ET #17

    silkstiks99 thanks for the well wishes bud  how old are you anyway?
    Reply
    silkstiks99 thanks for the well wishes bud  how old are you anyway?
     
    slikstiks99
    slikstiks99
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 6697
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 10:11 PM ET #18

    I'm 26. Thought I was gonna gamble for a living, but lost my roll. It forced me to act though and get my teaching license. Life is a circumvent route sometimes. More interesting this way anyhow.
    Reply
    I'm 26. Thought I was gonna gamble for a living, but lost my roll. It forced me to act though and get my teaching license. Life is a circumvent route sometimes. More interesting this way anyhow.
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 11:01 PM ET #19

    Do real estate during the day and wait tables a few nights a week. It will be a good learning experience for you. I think the classes are 24 total hours and the test is fairly easy. Then there's a bunch of different routes you can go.
    Reply
    Do real estate during the day and wait tables a few nights a week. It will be a good learning experience for you. I think the classes are 24 total hours and the test is fairly easy. Then there's a bunch of different routes you can go.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 11:41 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Do real estate during the day and wait tables a few nights a week. It will be a good learning experience for you. I think the classes are 24 total hours and the test is fairly easy. Then there's a bunch of different routes you can go.

    Thanks for the input man. The class is much more involved than that though. 2 days a week, 4 hours a day, for 8 weeks=64 total hours. But yeah, I am encouraged to know that I can do this and wait tables simultaneously....if things go right I hope to just be selling houses as my full time job and drop the waiting tables part. That's the tentative plan at least. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Do real estate during the day and wait tables a few nights a week. It will be a good learning experience for you. I think the classes are 24 total hours and the test is fairly easy. Then there's a bunch of different routes you can go.

    Thanks for the input man. The class is much more involved than that though. 2 days a week, 4 hours a day, for 8 weeks=64 total hours. But yeah, I am encouraged to know that I can do this and wait tables simultaneously....if things go right I hope to just be selling houses as my full time job and drop the waiting tables part. That's the tentative plan at least. 
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 11:43 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

    I'm 26. Thought I was gonna gamble for a living, but lost my roll. It forced me to act though and get my teaching license. Life is a circumvent route sometimes. More interesting this way anyhow.

    Yeah, I would love to gamble for a living but there is no way in hell that I would be able to get a bankroll worthy of an attempt (not any time soon at least).  I'm 24 but the politics of teaching in the US deterred me away from it...along with the fact that there is 0 upward mobility. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by slikstiks99:

    I'm 26. Thought I was gonna gamble for a living, but lost my roll. It forced me to act though and get my teaching license. Life is a circumvent route sometimes. More interesting this way anyhow.

    Yeah, I would love to gamble for a living but there is no way in hell that I would be able to get a bankroll worthy of an attempt (not any time soon at least).  I'm 24 but the politics of teaching in the US deterred me away from it...along with the fact that there is 0 upward mobility. 
     
    mattbrot
    mattbrot
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 6840
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2012 - 11:44 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:


    Yeah, I would love to gamble for a living but there is no way in hell that I would be able to get a bankroll worthy of an attempt (not any time soon at least).  I'm 24 but the politics of teaching in the US deterred me away from it...along with the fact that there is 0 upward mobility. 

    not sure this is true. What level of education are you talking about? What is your education level?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:


    Yeah, I would love to gamble for a living but there is no way in hell that I would be able to get a bankroll worthy of an attempt (not any time soon at least).  I'm 24 but the politics of teaching in the US deterred me away from it...along with the fact that there is 0 upward mobility. 

    not sure this is true. What level of education are you talking about? What is your education level?
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2012 - 12:28 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrot:


    not sure this is true. What level of education are you talking about? What is your education level?

    I am referring to teaching at a public school either elementary or high school. I have a Bachelors degree in history...when I say there is 0 upward mobility I am referring to the fact that you can't really get an awesome promotion as a teacher in terms of pay raise. Sure, you could get in to administrative stuff i.e. vice principal/principal stuff but then you aren't a teacher anymore...if you catch my drift? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrot:


    not sure this is true. What level of education are you talking about? What is your education level?

    I am referring to teaching at a public school either elementary or high school. I have a Bachelors degree in history...when I say there is 0 upward mobility I am referring to the fact that you can't really get an awesome promotion as a teacher in terms of pay raise. Sure, you could get in to administrative stuff i.e. vice principal/principal stuff but then you aren't a teacher anymore...if you catch my drift? 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2012 - 10:16 AM ET #24

    You can finish the classes in 2 weekends around here. I forget how long each class was but I know there was only 4 of them. Texas doesn't offer that?

    Anything in sales can sound real good in theory... You're in a good spot though because you're young and you don't have any major bills/responsibility.

    Go for it... I can't think of any reason not to.
    Reply
    You can finish the classes in 2 weekends around here. I forget how long each class was but I know there was only 4 of them. Texas doesn't offer that?

    Anything in sales can sound real good in theory... You're in a good spot though because you're young and you don't have any major bills/responsibility.

    Go for it... I can't think of any reason not to.
     
     
    mattbrot
    mattbrot
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 6840
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2012 - 10:19 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:


    I am referring to teaching at a public school either elementary or high school. I have a Bachelors degree in history...when I say there is 0 upward mobility I am referring to the fact that you can't really get an awesome promotion as a teacher in terms of pay raise. Sure, you could get in to administrative stuff i.e. vice principal/principal stuff but then you aren't a teacher anymore...if you catch my drift? 


    is graduate school a possibility?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:


    I am referring to teaching at a public school either elementary or high school. I have a Bachelors degree in history...when I say there is 0 upward mobility I am referring to the fact that you can't really get an awesome promotion as a teacher in terms of pay raise. Sure, you could get in to administrative stuff i.e. vice principal/principal stuff but then you aren't a teacher anymore...if you catch my drift? 


    is graduate school a possibility?
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,838
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 439
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,591
    • MLB Playoffs 16,533
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,122
    • PART DEUX 117
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,378
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,228
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.