• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Any advice on how to quit video poker and slots?

    «First Previous 12
    dl36
    TFF
    DjSlimNickel
    ad1260
    speed007
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 9528
    Posts: 45
    «First Previous 12
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2011 - 8:05 PM ET #26

    TFF,

    tell us how you are doing...

    Some people say it is all about substituion, so playing sports makes sense...

    Others say cold turkey is really the only way to heal, especially if you use sports to chase VP/VS losses...
    Reply
    TFF,

    tell us how you are doing...

    Some people say it is all about substituion, so playing sports makes sense...

    Others say cold turkey is really the only way to heal, especially if you use sports to chase VP/VS losses...
     
    TFF
    TFF
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 5
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2011 - 8:46 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    TFF,

    tell us how you are doing...

    Some people say it is all about substituion, so playing sports makes sense...

    Others say cold turkey is really the only way to heal, especially if you use sports to chase VP/VS losses...

    Hey DL,

    Haven't touched those evil things since Sunday's massacre.  Don't plan on it.  I have been betting sports, walked in, got my ticket, flipped off the camera and the guys upstairs, and walked out.  Got some fresh air.  Had this sick feeling of crying.  Thought to myself, what the fuck? 3 thousand dollars I handed over to some asshole in a casino.  NEVER again. Tell you the truth, I am thinking of quitting sports too.  It's just a gateway to other forms of gambling.  I'm good at it, but it takes A LOT of time.  I went on a date with this girl last night, it felt really good.  I spent 40 bucks on her, didn't hesitate.  It's funny.  I would spend hundreds on machines, not thinking twice, and be cheap with dates, clothes, etc.  Now, I don't care.  I hope she enjoyed the dinner and coffee.  I wouldn't care if it was 300 dollars. 

    I am sad.  Not depressed.  Just huge sadness.  Thousands, thousands of dollars, time, gone to those casinos.  Sitting infront of those machines.  I could have been married, had kids, traveled the world.  Those machines took it all.  My fault, but I'm healing.  I really appreciate you guys.  Some of you live in other parts of the country where you don't have these machines, but for us over here, the devil is here.  Alive and well.  You would be amazed at how addicting they are.  I never want to touch them again.  They are everywhere.  Just went to the grocery store, and there they were.  Just can't wait to leave Nevada.  Hate it here.  I have 13 months to go. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    TFF,

    tell us how you are doing...

    Some people say it is all about substituion, so playing sports makes sense...

    Others say cold turkey is really the only way to heal, especially if you use sports to chase VP/VS losses...

    Hey DL,

    Haven't touched those evil things since Sunday's massacre.  Don't plan on it.  I have been betting sports, walked in, got my ticket, flipped off the camera and the guys upstairs, and walked out.  Got some fresh air.  Had this sick feeling of crying.  Thought to myself, what the fuck? 3 thousand dollars I handed over to some asshole in a casino.  NEVER again. Tell you the truth, I am thinking of quitting sports too.  It's just a gateway to other forms of gambling.  I'm good at it, but it takes A LOT of time.  I went on a date with this girl last night, it felt really good.  I spent 40 bucks on her, didn't hesitate.  It's funny.  I would spend hundreds on machines, not thinking twice, and be cheap with dates, clothes, etc.  Now, I don't care.  I hope she enjoyed the dinner and coffee.  I wouldn't care if it was 300 dollars. 

    I am sad.  Not depressed.  Just huge sadness.  Thousands, thousands of dollars, time, gone to those casinos.  Sitting infront of those machines.  I could have been married, had kids, traveled the world.  Those machines took it all.  My fault, but I'm healing.  I really appreciate you guys.  Some of you live in other parts of the country where you don't have these machines, but for us over here, the devil is here.  Alive and well.  You would be amazed at how addicting they are.  I never want to touch them again.  They are everywhere.  Just went to the grocery store, and there they were.  Just can't wait to leave Nevada.  Hate it here.  I have 13 months to go. 

     
    DjSlimNickel
    DjSlimNickel
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 1923
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2011 - 10:39 PM ET #28

    I agree with Hutch...giving up slots and just betting on sports is like having a problem with vodka and telling yourself that you can just stick to beer...

    a problem is a problem and it needs to be addressed for your well being in my humble opinion...

    You can start looking forward to getting married, kids traveling all that good stuff, but you will not be able to do it if you keep gambling...and you will only spin lower and lower...

    get you mind right, set a plan to get out of Nevada now...sooner later you will be chasing sport gambling with slots...beer with vodka...if you dont

    all the best...
    Reply
    I agree with Hutch...giving up slots and just betting on sports is like having a problem with vodka and telling yourself that you can just stick to beer...

    a problem is a problem and it needs to be addressed for your well being in my humble opinion...

    You can start looking forward to getting married, kids traveling all that good stuff, but you will not be able to do it if you keep gambling...and you will only spin lower and lower...

    get you mind right, set a plan to get out of Nevada now...sooner later you will be chasing sport gambling with slots...beer with vodka...if you dont

    all the best...
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2011 - 11:03 PM ET #29

    Stay out of the casinos man...open an online account without a casino. All i can say is STAY OUT OF THOSE CASINOS BROTHER  BOL
    Reply
    Stay out of the casinos man...open an online account without a casino. All i can say is STAY OUT OF THOSE CASINOS BROTHER  BOL
     
    speed007
    speed007
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 49
    Posted: Apr. 10, 2011 - 5:25 AM ET #30

    I had the same problem many years ago...I got my mind right....get out of there or you will throw your life away. You only live once.
    I had a girlfriend at that time and she was the reason to move into right direction.
    I got married and have one precious kid now....
    IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE IF I WOULDNT HAVE GET OUT OF IT MANY YEARS AGO! I WOULD HAVE NO LIFE AT ALL!!
    DON"T CHOOSE TO BE A LOSER!
    NOW I Have a beautiful wife and kid - nothing can be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    DJnickl is right, look forward to the good stuff....that will make u strong and it will make you more then happy when u out of it!

    keep telling how u doing
    Reply
    I had the same problem many years ago...I got my mind right....get out of there or you will throw your life away. You only live once.
    I had a girlfriend at that time and she was the reason to move into right direction.
    I got married and have one precious kid now....
    IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE IF I WOULDNT HAVE GET OUT OF IT MANY YEARS AGO! I WOULD HAVE NO LIFE AT ALL!!
    DON"T CHOOSE TO BE A LOSER!
    NOW I Have a beautiful wife and kid - nothing can be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    DJnickl is right, look forward to the good stuff....that will make u strong and it will make you more then happy when u out of it!

    keep telling how u doing
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2011 - 2:26 AM ET #31

    he got banned?


    Reply
    he got banned?


     
    ChOdaZ
    ChOdaZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 2313
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2011 - 8:58 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by steveshane67:

    id move up to the high slots area and get your money back that way, better odds on the more expensive machines

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by steveshane67:

    id move up to the high slots area and get your money back that way, better odds on the more expensive machines

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 7:20 AM ET #33

    I probably have nothing that will help, but here is the reality: you lost some money on slots and video poker and it bothers you. 

    What do you think is going to happen if you try to get that back from those machines?

     

     Eat crow. Learn from the experience. Stoicism is something that perhaps you should look into. 

    When I get highly irritated by something, or downright angry, I tell myself, “It’s in the past. I might as well have been 20 years ago.”

     

    Because initially you’re always the angriest immediately after the event, but with time, that anger fades. Eventually, it disappears completely. So just skip all that. Distract yourself. Make the money back with sports (you said you do well with that).

     

    Your mind can be your worst enemy if you allow it. Problem is, I don’t believe in free will. You’re either gonna come out of this, or you won’t. 

    Look into stoicism. Your mind is doing this to you. Can you beat it? I don’t know. Some do, and some don’t. 

    I have my addictions too. Will I beat them? Do I even want to? I’m turning 57 in a few weeks and I’m battling a serious illness, so I don’t have any fucks left honestly. 

    Stay the fuck away from those machines and focus on other things. Listen to YouTube videos on stoicism. I apologize, but that’s all I got. 

     

    I’ve gotten better with some of my issues. I used to get upset while playing blackjack online, but I now realize that that doesn’t help. Who am I getting upset at? The computer? My phone? I’m fucking playing online blackjack! It’s going to be stressful IF I LET IT STRESS ME OUT.

     

    Now I simply tell myself that I don’t care if I make money or not because I know I will in the long run. I base that off of what I’ve accomplished in the past. I’m going to lose money sometimes. That’s inevitable. But it literally doesn’t matter because I’ll make money later. So essentially, sometimes, I HAVE TO take a loss. If I keep playing, I know what’s going to happen.

    I’ve been at this for at least 9 years now and I know that the only thing that gets me in trouble is when I get proud and think “I will not let you beat me”. Who am I talking to? It’s absurd. Now I just take a small loss and quit. I know I’ll get it back later.

    Emotions like pride, anger, and frustration are what keep people in a loop of losing. Lose the emotions. 

    I wish you the best.

    Peace!

    Reply

    I probably have nothing that will help, but here is the reality: you lost some money on slots and video poker and it bothers you. 

    What do you think is going to happen if you try to get that back from those machines?

     

     Eat crow. Learn from the experience. Stoicism is something that perhaps you should look into. 

    When I get highly irritated by something, or downright angry, I tell myself, “It’s in the past. I might as well have been 20 years ago.”

     

    Because initially you’re always the angriest immediately after the event, but with time, that anger fades. Eventually, it disappears completely. So just skip all that. Distract yourself. Make the money back with sports (you said you do well with that).

     

    Your mind can be your worst enemy if you allow it. Problem is, I don’t believe in free will. You’re either gonna come out of this, or you won’t. 

    Look into stoicism. Your mind is doing this to you. Can you beat it? I don’t know. Some do, and some don’t. 

    I have my addictions too. Will I beat them? Do I even want to? I’m turning 57 in a few weeks and I’m battling a serious illness, so I don’t have any fucks left honestly. 

    Stay the fuck away from those machines and focus on other things. Listen to YouTube videos on stoicism. I apologize, but that’s all I got. 

     

    I’ve gotten better with some of my issues. I used to get upset while playing blackjack online, but I now realize that that doesn’t help. Who am I getting upset at? The computer? My phone? I’m fucking playing online blackjack! It’s going to be stressful IF I LET IT STRESS ME OUT.

     

    Now I simply tell myself that I don’t care if I make money or not because I know I will in the long run. I base that off of what I’ve accomplished in the past. I’m going to lose money sometimes. That’s inevitable. But it literally doesn’t matter because I’ll make money later. So essentially, sometimes, I HAVE TO take a loss. If I keep playing, I know what’s going to happen.

    I’ve been at this for at least 9 years now and I know that the only thing that gets me in trouble is when I get proud and think “I will not let you beat me”. Who am I talking to? It’s absurd. Now I just take a small loss and quit. I know I’ll get it back later.

    Emotions like pride, anger, and frustration are what keep people in a loop of losing. Lose the emotions. 

    I wish you the best.

    Peace!

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 7:25 AM ET #34

    I just now noticed that this is 14 years old ??

    Reply

    I just now noticed that this is 14 years old ??

     
    DHass22
    DHass22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 580
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2025 - 11:35 PM ET #35

    sitting in ceremony with psilocybin will take care of an addiction .... also, depression, & anxiety .... 60+ peer reviewed papers published via Johns Hopkins University .... research it .... p*rn addiction, alcohol, etc., there's a massive amount of ancedotal evidence to its effect on trauma.  Good luck!

    Reply

    sitting in ceremony with psilocybin will take care of an addiction .... also, depression, & anxiety .... 60+ peer reviewed papers published via Johns Hopkins University .... research it .... p*rn addiction, alcohol, etc., there's a massive amount of ancedotal evidence to its effect on trauma.  Good luck!

     
    Thavows
    Thavows
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2025
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2025 - 6:38 AM ET #36

    Acknowledge the craving. For gambling to happen, you need to make the decision to gamble. If you have an urge: stop what you are doing and call someone, think about the consequences to your actions, tell yourself to stop thinking about gambling, and find something else to do immediately. Avoid isolation.

    Reply

    Acknowledge the craving. For gambling to happen, you need to make the decision to gamble. If you have an urge: stop what you are doing and call someone, think about the consequences to your actions, tell yourself to stop thinking about gambling, and find something else to do immediately. Avoid isolation.

     
    Thavows
    Thavows
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2025
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2025 - 6:56 AM ET #37

    Acknowledge the craving. For gambling to happen, you need to make the decision to gamble. If you have an urge: stop what you are doing and call someone, think about the consequences to your actions, tell yourself to stop thinking about gambling, and find something else to do immediately. Avoid isolation.

     Marion County Property Appraiser

    Reply

    Acknowledge the craving. For gambling to happen, you need to make the decision to gamble. If you have an urge: stop what you are doing and call someone, think about the consequences to your actions, tell yourself to stop thinking about gambling, and find something else to do immediately. Avoid isolation.

     Marion County Property Appraiser

     
    Patrick05
    Patrick05
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2025
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2025 - 6:25 AM ET #38

    Hello

    Thanks for being honest about this, acknowledging is the first step.

    I would like to share my experience about gambling addict too. I even lost a considerable amount of money. After some months, I got my mind out of it, did a break and decided to follow a kind of therapy. Bet responsibly has been my motto, so set a budget, and STICK to it whatever happen. Sometimes you win other times you lose but bet what you can afford, super important. Practice responsible gambling, look for articles on it https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/ in UK we have this. I have not stop betting, but I do it responsibly now and will share with you some nice websites.

    Reply

    Hello

    Thanks for being honest about this, acknowledging is the first step.

    I would like to share my experience about gambling addict too. I even lost a considerable amount of money. After some months, I got my mind out of it, did a break and decided to follow a kind of therapy. Bet responsibly has been my motto, so set a budget, and STICK to it whatever happen. Sometimes you win other times you lose but bet what you can afford, super important. Practice responsible gambling, look for articles on it https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/ in UK we have this. I have not stop betting, but I do it responsibly now and will share with you some nice websites.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2025 - 8:55 AM ET #39

    Shut off computer and remove apps. 

    Take a moment to reflect on what you do and think that leads to this behavior. Understand how you think what is actually your thoughts and those that interfere with your reasoning skills , stay focused on what you intend to do with this behavior, if it is entertaining and you like it too much deflect from the behavior it gets you into serious financial trouble and make you and the lives around you suffer. 

    Just understand the fear resentment anger and hatred that is driving you to destroy your finicial security and be intelligent in making decisions to understand temperance , don't make it glitch or ketch phrase, understanding yourself and how you behave is necessary to make the correct decision.

    Reply

    Shut off computer and remove apps. 

    Take a moment to reflect on what you do and think that leads to this behavior. Understand how you think what is actually your thoughts and those that interfere with your reasoning skills , stay focused on what you intend to do with this behavior, if it is entertaining and you like it too much deflect from the behavior it gets you into serious financial trouble and make you and the lives around you suffer. 

    Just understand the fear resentment anger and hatred that is driving you to destroy your finicial security and be intelligent in making decisions to understand temperance , don't make it glitch or ketch phrase, understanding yourself and how you behave is necessary to make the correct decision.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2025 - 9:07 AM ET #40

    A simple excersize with how you are reacting to marketing software. Go to the mall leave your cell phone and wallet ,purse in your car secured . And feel what is driving you to spend money how many times you feel you need to go to ATM. Or make a purchase or take something.... Feel the environment around you.

    Set the plan I am going window shopping for my family's Christmas. I just looking now, and understand what is driving your mind to feel something inconsistent with your plan.... 

    You understand what actually your thoughts your intentions and what is influenced you this way....

    Reply

    A simple excersize with how you are reacting to marketing software. Go to the mall leave your cell phone and wallet ,purse in your car secured . And feel what is driving you to spend money how many times you feel you need to go to ATM. Or make a purchase or take something.... Feel the environment around you.

    Set the plan I am going window shopping for my family's Christmas. I just looking now, and understand what is driving your mind to feel something inconsistent with your plan.... 

    You understand what actually your thoughts your intentions and what is influenced you this way....

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2025 - 9:19 AM ET #41

    When you finally succumb to the false desires. Leave a sign to remind you just write window shopping out it on your seat, turn the key and drive home and analyze the experience when you get home your mind will clear. Write down how what you saw how you felt and what reactions did you observe....

    Reply

    When you finally succumb to the false desires. Leave a sign to remind you just write window shopping out it on your seat, turn the key and drive home and analyze the experience when you get home your mind will clear. Write down how what you saw how you felt and what reactions did you observe....

     
    The Winning Solution
    The Winning Solution
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 2194
    Posted: Oct. 26, 2025 - 3:38 AM ET #42

    an_blowhorn

    Reply

    an_blowhorn

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2025 - 4:15 PM ET #43

    #1. If you gamble you will eventually lose money. That applies to 99.8% of gamblers, IMO. Don't expect to be that 0.2%, maybe short term run, never long term.

    #2. Treat it as entertainment. Do you like it better than a nice resturant, a show, etc? If not, go to the show and nice resturant instead. 

    #3. Expect to SPEND your money and anything else is a bonus. 

    Some misconceptions seen in some posts here; LIVE Keno at a casino has a large take. Your paying for all the employees and materials that go with it. VIDEO Keno often pays better percentage than sports betting. Video Poker too, pays better than sports betting. Unlike slots, you can know the payback for video poker and video keno by reading and knowing the paytable. But wait, sports betting is a game of skill you say. an_roll_laugh

     

    For me, it goes like this; Say I have $400 in disposable cash I want to gamble with. Could put it on game, maybe two. Then I watch the 60 minute game in four hours. Commercial after commercial and of course halftime. Maybe things go my way or maybe a ref calls some crap penalties that cost me my bet. Or maybe my teams starting QB goes down early. All this to win $363.64 @ -110 plus my $400 back.

    Or I could go to the casino, play low denomination and make that same $400 last playing keno and video poker for those same four hours. Constant action, no commercials, no other humans deciding the outcome. For a dime hitting 7 outta 7 in keno pays $650. 40,979 to 1 odds though. It's hitting the 3,4,5,6's out of 7 that keeps the game going. Regular keno can get boring and there are gimmick keno games out there. Same with video poker. 

    It all depends on your preference. My daughter and son-in-law get together and have video poker contests between us. Who gets the most 4 of a kinds. Great fun!

    Again, it's all entertainment people! 

     

    Reply

    #1. If you gamble you will eventually lose money. That applies to 99.8% of gamblers, IMO. Don't expect to be that 0.2%, maybe short term run, never long term.

    #2. Treat it as entertainment. Do you like it better than a nice resturant, a show, etc? If not, go to the show and nice resturant instead. 

    #3. Expect to SPEND your money and anything else is a bonus. 

    Some misconceptions seen in some posts here; LIVE Keno at a casino has a large take. Your paying for all the employees and materials that go with it. VIDEO Keno often pays better percentage than sports betting. Video Poker too, pays better than sports betting. Unlike slots, you can know the payback for video poker and video keno by reading and knowing the paytable. But wait, sports betting is a game of skill you say. an_roll_laugh

     

    For me, it goes like this; Say I have $400 in disposable cash I want to gamble with. Could put it on game, maybe two. Then I watch the 60 minute game in four hours. Commercial after commercial and of course halftime. Maybe things go my way or maybe a ref calls some crap penalties that cost me my bet. Or maybe my teams starting QB goes down early. All this to win $363.64 @ -110 plus my $400 back.

    Or I could go to the casino, play low denomination and make that same $400 last playing keno and video poker for those same four hours. Constant action, no commercials, no other humans deciding the outcome. For a dime hitting 7 outta 7 in keno pays $650. 40,979 to 1 odds though. It's hitting the 3,4,5,6's out of 7 that keeps the game going. Regular keno can get boring and there are gimmick keno games out there. Same with video poker. 

    It all depends on your preference. My daughter and son-in-law get together and have video poker contests between us. Who gets the most 4 of a kinds. Great fun!

    Again, it's all entertainment people! 

     

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2025 - 4:23 PM ET #44

    Orrrrrrr, do this! an_roll_laugh

    There are people on YouTube who video their slot play and post it. They have like 500 thousand to a million subcribers. They make thousands showing videos of them losing thousands!

    Incredible! 

    Could give a few names but that would maybe considered promoting them. Don't wanna do that. But they are out there. Hundred bucks a spin videos.  Crazy.

    Reply

    Orrrrrrr, do this! an_roll_laugh

    There are people on YouTube who video their slot play and post it. They have like 500 thousand to a million subcribers. They make thousands showing videos of them losing thousands!

    Incredible! 

    Could give a few names but that would maybe considered promoting them. Don't wanna do that. But they are out there. Hundred bucks a spin videos.  Crazy.

     
     
    rubyscott
    rubyscott
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2025
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 25, 2025 - 5:36 AM ET #45

    I struggled with video poker and slots too, felt like a loop I couldn’t break. Talking to Bluffing Monkeys (honestly the most genuine poker agents I’ve met) helped me step back and set limits. It gets easier once you’re not dealing with it alone.

    Reply

    I struggled with video poker and slots too, felt like a loop I couldn’t break. Talking to Bluffing Monkeys (honestly the most genuine poker agents I’ve met) helped me step back and set limits. It gets easier once you’re not dealing with it alone.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,789
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,570
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
    • MLB Playoffs 15,838
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,067
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
    • Week 6 Money 5,349
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,216
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,498

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.