• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Alton Sterling shooting

    12 Next Last»
    superbeets
    GimmeMoneyNow
    KingScorpio
    TheGoldenGoose
    winsome711
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1665
    Posts: 32
    12 Next Last»
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2016 - 10:45 PM ET #1

    I saw something today that changed my mind about law enforcement in general..The majority of cops are great people who I have the upmost respect for but they need to figure out the " cowards" of each police department.  Once they can " out " the small percentage then the trust can start to rebuild ..

    But I saw a man get murdered over nothing .. He was shot for no good reason at all.. Yes he did give the cops a little bit of resistance but nothing that warranted him being killed.  The so called gun was still in his pocket.  The second video shows something that can NOT be justified or explained..

    Again I have respect for cops .  They have a job that I would never do.. But what I saw today just set back what little confidence citizens had in them

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I saw something today that changed my mind about law enforcement in general..The majority of cops are great people who I have the upmost respect for but they need to figure out the " cowards" of each police department.  Once they can " out " the small percentage then the trust can start to rebuild ..

    But I saw a man get murdered over nothing .. He was shot for no good reason at all.. Yes he did give the cops a little bit of resistance but nothing that warranted him being killed.  The so called gun was still in his pocket.  The second video shows something that can NOT be justified or explained..

    Again I have respect for cops .  They have a job that I would never do.. But what I saw today just set back what little confidence citizens had in them

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2016 - 11:00 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    I saw something today that changed my mind about law enforcement in general..The majority of cops are great people who I have the upmost respect for but they need to figure out the " cowards" of each police department.  Once they can " out " the small percentage then the trust can start to rebuild ..

    But I saw a man get murdered over nothing .. He was shot for no good reason at all.. Yes he did give the cops a little bit of resistance but nothing that warranted him being killed.  The so called gun was still in his pocket.  The second video shows something that can NOT be justified or explained..

    Again I have respect for cops .  They have a job that I would never do.. But what I saw today just set back what little confidence citizens had in them


    ^^This, and the fact that it's not always just a black/white thing, but I guess that's what gets the viewers to the news channels. How much longer before the cops realize cameras are everywhere??? Thank you for the first (and probably the last) sane and reasonable post on this.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    I saw something today that changed my mind about law enforcement in general..The majority of cops are great people who I have the upmost respect for but they need to figure out the " cowards" of each police department.  Once they can " out " the small percentage then the trust can start to rebuild ..

    But I saw a man get murdered over nothing .. He was shot for no good reason at all.. Yes he did give the cops a little bit of resistance but nothing that warranted him being killed.  The so called gun was still in his pocket.  The second video shows something that can NOT be justified or explained..

    Again I have respect for cops .  They have a job that I would never do.. But what I saw today just set back what little confidence citizens had in them


    ^^This, and the fact that it's not always just a black/white thing, but I guess that's what gets the viewers to the news channels. How much longer before the cops realize cameras are everywhere??? Thank you for the first (and probably the last) sane and reasonable post on this.....
     
    KingScorpio
    KingScorpio
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 24533
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2016 - 11:02 PM ET #3

    It's been going on forever and will never stop.Being black in America is a crime.
    There is no 100% cappers in the world
    Reply
    It's been going on forever and will never stop.Being black in America is a crime.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2016 - 11:13 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    ^^This, and the fact that it's not always just a black/white thing, but I guess that's what gets the viewers to the news channels. How much longer before the cops realize cameras are everywhere??? Thank you for the first (and probably the last) sane and reasonable post on this.....


    I was thinking the exact same thing. 

    There is no more "serve and protect". 

    It's long gone.


    "When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival".
    ~~~~~Billy Jack




    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    ^^This, and the fact that it's not always just a black/white thing, but I guess that's what gets the viewers to the news channels. How much longer before the cops realize cameras are everywhere??? Thank you for the first (and probably the last) sane and reasonable post on this.....


    I was thinking the exact same thing. 

    There is no more "serve and protect". 

    It's long gone.


    "When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival".
    ~~~~~Billy Jack




     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2016 - 11:22 PM ET #5

    I'm almost certain that neither of those cops woke up that morning and wanted to hunt down black people or citizens in general .  I believe it's their fear in the culture as a whole .. But honestly that is so cowardly!!
    You are sworn to uphold the law and to treat all citizens equally..

    What I can't understand is why these " small percentage " of cowards pursue jobs in law enforcement.. The pay is low and it's a thankless job..A lot of kids these days are raised with no morals and values.. Holding doors and courtesy are a thing of the past .. What I'm getting at is cops are not looked up to anymore.. It sucks but it's the truth.. Of which, a lot of it is brought on by their own..

    I hate to watch that little kid break down on national TV.. You can tell he loves his pops.. But a couple cowards took that from him over poor judgment and their own hateful views!!!

    Reply
    I'm almost certain that neither of those cops woke up that morning and wanted to hunt down black people or citizens in general .  I believe it's their fear in the culture as a whole .. But honestly that is so cowardly!!
    You are sworn to uphold the law and to treat all citizens equally..

    What I can't understand is why these " small percentage " of cowards pursue jobs in law enforcement.. The pay is low and it's a thankless job..A lot of kids these days are raised with no morals and values.. Holding doors and courtesy are a thing of the past .. What I'm getting at is cops are not looked up to anymore.. It sucks but it's the truth.. Of which, a lot of it is brought on by their own..

    I hate to watch that little kid break down on national TV.. You can tell he loves his pops.. But a couple cowards took that from him over poor judgment and their own hateful views!!!

     
    KingScorpio
    KingScorpio
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 24533
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2016 - 11:58 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    I'm almost certain that neither of those cops woke up that morning and wanted to hunt down black people or citizens in general .  I believe it's their fear in the culture as a whole .. But honestly that is so cowardly!!
    You are sworn to uphold the law and to treat all citizens equally..

    What I can't understand is why these " small percentage " of cowards pursue jobs in law enforcement.. The pay is low and it's a thankless job..A lot of kids these days are raised with no morals and values.. Holding doors and courtesy are a thing of the past .. What I'm getting at is cops are not looked up to anymore.. It sucks but it's the truth.. Of which, a lot of it is brought on by their own..

    I hate to watch that little kid break down on national TV.. You can tell he loves his pops.. But a couple cowards took that from him over poor judgment and their own hateful views!!!

    The root of the problem is fear
    There is no 100% cappers in the world
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by superbeets:

    I'm almost certain that neither of those cops woke up that morning and wanted to hunt down black people or citizens in general .  I believe it's their fear in the culture as a whole .. But honestly that is so cowardly!!
    You are sworn to uphold the law and to treat all citizens equally..

    What I can't understand is why these " small percentage " of cowards pursue jobs in law enforcement.. The pay is low and it's a thankless job..A lot of kids these days are raised with no morals and values.. Holding doors and courtesy are a thing of the past .. What I'm getting at is cops are not looked up to anymore.. It sucks but it's the truth.. Of which, a lot of it is brought on by their own..

    I hate to watch that little kid break down on national TV.. You can tell he loves his pops.. But a couple cowards took that from him over poor judgment and their own hateful views!!!

    The root of the problem is fear
     
    winsome711
    winsome711
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 12:09 AM ET #7

    When I saw that video I was absolutely appalled.  They held down that poor guy and MURDERED him and I don't know why.

    Then I saw another video from the other side of the police car.  Sterling's right arm was visible in this one and it was quite obvious he was struggling to free it from the cop (the one without the gun) and it looked like he was reaching for his pocket.  This is all happeneing while the cop with the gun is telling him to stop moving or he will shoot, then you hear, presumably from the other cop, "He's got a gun!" or "He's going for a gun!"  At the end of the video you see the cop take a gun out of the pocket Sterling's right arm was reaching for.

    The cops were called there because of a 911 call identifying the guy selling CDs in a red shirt (Sterling) threatening the caller with a gun.

    Prediction: No convictions, and a lot of angry people and more riots
    Reply
    When I saw that video I was absolutely appalled.  They held down that poor guy and MURDERED him and I don't know why.

    Then I saw another video from the other side of the police car.  Sterling's right arm was visible in this one and it was quite obvious he was struggling to free it from the cop (the one without the gun) and it looked like he was reaching for his pocket.  This is all happeneing while the cop with the gun is telling him to stop moving or he will shoot, then you hear, presumably from the other cop, "He's got a gun!" or "He's going for a gun!"  At the end of the video you see the cop take a gun out of the pocket Sterling's right arm was reaching for.

    The cops were called there because of a 911 call identifying the guy selling CDs in a red shirt (Sterling) threatening the caller with a gun.

    Prediction: No convictions, and a lot of angry people and more riots
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55730
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 12:20 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

    The root of the problem is fear
    That fear comes from a real place.....and its not racism. Its simple fact. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

    The root of the problem is fear
    That fear comes from a real place.....and its not racism. Its simple fact. 
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 1:01 AM ET #9




    theres a new prank going around. people are sick. like very sick

    people bee calling in

    "hey this guy at the corner is yelling allegiance to allah"

    or " hey this guy is selling cds and brandishing a gun"


    https://www.msn.com/en-in/video/sport/cops-take-down-arabic-speaking-man/vp-BBu13QH

    ^ heres the video of the arabic man being taken down


    wake up america. wake up
    Reply



    theres a new prank going around. people are sick. like very sick

    people bee calling in

    "hey this guy at the corner is yelling allegiance to allah"

    or " hey this guy is selling cds and brandishing a gun"


    https://www.msn.com/en-in/video/sport/cops-take-down-arabic-speaking-man/vp-BBu13QH

    ^ heres the video of the arabic man being taken down


    wake up america. wake up
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 1:08 AM ET #10


    Bullsh!t.  Louisiana has open carry law..  Those cops knew exactly what they were up against and decided to murder Sterling.  Bullsh!t.  Stop defending these weapon happy bad cops. 

    It was MURDER.  Plain and simple.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Bullsh!t.  Louisiana has open carry law..  Those cops knew exactly what they were up against and decided to murder Sterling.  Bullsh!t.  Stop defending these weapon happy bad cops. 

    It was MURDER.  Plain and simple.
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 1:12 AM ET #11

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUgF-l4-5sA
    Reply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUgF-l4-5sA
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 1:32 AM ET #12

    there will be a conviction, when u shoot someone u are suppose to try to keep em alive. here the officers did not try to keep him alive.

    you people should use the term officer instead of cop. its more polite and the 'correct' way to talk when talking about them or to them.


    i'm not a fan of this case at all. you will likely see people resign, who knows. i have heard multiple reports about 'he shot him six times'

    thats messed up.


    theyre people who join 'the force' just to 'legally' kill people. which is f'kd up
    Reply
    there will be a conviction, when u shoot someone u are suppose to try to keep em alive. here the officers did not try to keep him alive.

    you people should use the term officer instead of cop. its more polite and the 'correct' way to talk when talking about them or to them.


    i'm not a fan of this case at all. you will likely see people resign, who knows. i have heard multiple reports about 'he shot him six times'

    thats messed up.


    theyre people who join 'the force' just to 'legally' kill people. which is f'kd up
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 4:13 AM ET #13

    Surprised centaur isn't commenting on this
    Reply
    Surprised centaur isn't commenting on this
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 6:51 AM ET #14

    The police did a great job.

    I’m glad the officers are OK. The felon, sex offender, thug was resisting while trying to reach for an illegal firearm. I’m sure the thug was just trying to get a hold of his gun to “talk” to the officers. (Eye roll) The thug wasn’t fighting and reaching for the gun to assist the officers. The thug’s intent was to shoot the officer with the gun. That’s what thugs do. They shoot people with guns.

    It was either the officer losing complete control and getting shot or the thug getting shot. The right outcome happened. Law enforcement follows the Use of Force Continuum. The officer warned him. He resisted and was tased twice. The officers tried to gain control of the suspect but were being outmuscled. The thug was reaching for his weapon to use on the officers and the officers responded with lethal force.

    The officers followed protocol. NOT GUILTY.

    I feel truly sorry for the officers and the families. The officers and their families are going to be put on hold for years now over a stupid worthless thug that was trying to shoot officers with his illegal gun. All the people who are going to slander the officer’s reputations for the next year or so should have to pay compensation to the officers after the clear Not Guilty verdict is read.

    Reply
    The police did a great job.

    I’m glad the officers are OK. The felon, sex offender, thug was resisting while trying to reach for an illegal firearm. I’m sure the thug was just trying to get a hold of his gun to “talk” to the officers. (Eye roll) The thug wasn’t fighting and reaching for the gun to assist the officers. The thug’s intent was to shoot the officer with the gun. That’s what thugs do. They shoot people with guns.

    It was either the officer losing complete control and getting shot or the thug getting shot. The right outcome happened. Law enforcement follows the Use of Force Continuum. The officer warned him. He resisted and was tased twice. The officers tried to gain control of the suspect but were being outmuscled. The thug was reaching for his weapon to use on the officers and the officers responded with lethal force.

    The officers followed protocol. NOT GUILTY.

    I feel truly sorry for the officers and the families. The officers and their families are going to be put on hold for years now over a stupid worthless thug that was trying to shoot officers with his illegal gun. All the people who are going to slander the officer’s reputations for the next year or so should have to pay compensation to the officers after the clear Not Guilty verdict is read.

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 8:23 AM ET #15

    Money

    I have a question for you.. How did they know he was a felon without running his info?  When did he ever pull out his weapon?  The video shows that a cop pulled it out of the pocket of the victim.

    In Louisiana you can walk around with a gun with NO license.  It's called open carry.  Now the law states that you can't be a felon but again how did they know he was a felon.. They have said he never showed any proof of ID.. So without showing proof there was no way to verify his criminal history..

    Another question.. So being a felon is a thug now?  That's BS man.. The only criminal history that I don't agree with is him being registered as an offender.. Would you consider Martha Stewart a thug ? She is a felon..

    My whole point was that this situation is wrong. Reaching for a gun and pulling a gun are two different scenarios 
    .. I have been to many different classes.. I carry a firearm.. But this guy never put the cops in danger . If he would of pulled it out and aimed it at officers then yes they had the right to kill him. But for a gun to remain in its place and never leave is not a reason to be killed .. If you are scared to be an officer the don't sign up to be one. PERIOD 
    Reply
    Money

    I have a question for you.. How did they know he was a felon without running his info?  When did he ever pull out his weapon?  The video shows that a cop pulled it out of the pocket of the victim.

    In Louisiana you can walk around with a gun with NO license.  It's called open carry.  Now the law states that you can't be a felon but again how did they know he was a felon.. They have said he never showed any proof of ID.. So without showing proof there was no way to verify his criminal history..

    Another question.. So being a felon is a thug now?  That's BS man.. The only criminal history that I don't agree with is him being registered as an offender.. Would you consider Martha Stewart a thug ? She is a felon..

    My whole point was that this situation is wrong. Reaching for a gun and pulling a gun are two different scenarios 
    .. I have been to many different classes.. I carry a firearm.. But this guy never put the cops in danger . If he would of pulled it out and aimed it at officers then yes they had the right to kill him. But for a gun to remain in its place and never leave is not a reason to be killed .. If you are scared to be an officer the don't sign up to be one. PERIOD 
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 8:59 AM ET #16

    "he was a good man"
    "he just wanted to sell his CD's"
    "he was a good father"

    That's the narrative the media feeds everyone.

    Now for some of the facts ...

    Alton Sterling was a gangbanger, he was a member of the Bloods.
    Alton Sterling owed over $25,000 in child support.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with battery.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with assault.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with drug possession.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with illegal weapons possession.
    ALTON STERLING HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY CHARGED WITH BEING A PEDOPHILE.

    Does any of this make it ok for a cop, or anyone else, to kill him?
    I would think not ... but being that Alton was a pedophile, I am not moved by the tears that are being shed for him.

    The color of the man is irrelevant to me. Pedophiles can be purple for all I care.
    A dead pedophile makes for a safer place for all children, black or white.

    I am not defending the cops, merely stating that losing some folks to murder is less of a sin than losing others.
    Alton's death is no great loss.

    Now you may continue with your demonstrations 


    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    "he was a good man"
    "he just wanted to sell his CD's"
    "he was a good father"

    That's the narrative the media feeds everyone.

    Now for some of the facts ...

    Alton Sterling was a gangbanger, he was a member of the Bloods.
    Alton Sterling owed over $25,000 in child support.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with battery.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with assault.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with drug possession.
    Alton Sterling has been previously charged with illegal weapons possession.
    ALTON STERLING HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY CHARGED WITH BEING A PEDOPHILE.

    Does any of this make it ok for a cop, or anyone else, to kill him?
    I would think not ... but being that Alton was a pedophile, I am not moved by the tears that are being shed for him.

    The color of the man is irrelevant to me. Pedophiles can be purple for all I care.
    A dead pedophile makes for a safer place for all children, black or white.

    I am not defending the cops, merely stating that losing some folks to murder is less of a sin than losing others.
    Alton's death is no great loss.

    Now you may continue with your demonstrations 


     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 9:35 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    Surprised centaur isn't commenting on this
    give him time, he's establishing a new alias
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    Surprised centaur isn't commenting on this
    give him time, he's establishing a new alias
     
    funguyy
    funguyy
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 105
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 10:13 AM ET #18

    WOW. Did not know that LA has an open carry law requiring no license. That is just crazy.

    That said, weapon was in his pocket. That made it a concealed weapon which required a license.


    Reply
    WOW. Did not know that LA has an open carry law requiring no license. That is just crazy.

    That said, weapon was in his pocket. That made it a concealed weapon which required a license.


     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 10:36 AM ET #19

    Hugh

     Agree 100% that pedophiles are the lowest of the low.. Hate them with a passion .. I have kids so the thought disgust me.. But a police officer who is sworn in has no right to be the judge , jury and executioner .. 

    We had a little incident in my neighborhood that disgusted me.. I had a fundraiser at my house for some youth baseball activities.  I had told the security guard about it who checks cars in and out.. He let everyone through and except the black guy who is probably the nicest and most laid back of he whole bunch.  The guard who is an off duty Dallas police officer called me to the gate and had me verify the guy.  I lost it..  I told him how sorry and degrading that is. He had my permission to be there.  How would you feel if all the cars in front of you got let in but they made you wait.  It embarrasses me to no end.. I didn't report the cop because I left that up to my friend. He took the high road and just called him uneducated .. That pissed me to no end.  The bad thing is we just got this gate and security officer.. I let all my neighbors know about it and warned them.. Some agreed and some didn't.  That right there showed me a lot .. Moral being that these coward cops need to go. Leave the other great officers alone and don't give them a bad name...

    Reply
    Hugh

     Agree 100% that pedophiles are the lowest of the low.. Hate them with a passion .. I have kids so the thought disgust me.. But a police officer who is sworn in has no right to be the judge , jury and executioner .. 

    We had a little incident in my neighborhood that disgusted me.. I had a fundraiser at my house for some youth baseball activities.  I had told the security guard about it who checks cars in and out.. He let everyone through and except the black guy who is probably the nicest and most laid back of he whole bunch.  The guard who is an off duty Dallas police officer called me to the gate and had me verify the guy.  I lost it..  I told him how sorry and degrading that is. He had my permission to be there.  How would you feel if all the cars in front of you got let in but they made you wait.  It embarrasses me to no end.. I didn't report the cop because I left that up to my friend. He took the high road and just called him uneducated .. That pissed me to no end.  The bad thing is we just got this gate and security officer.. I let all my neighbors know about it and warned them.. Some agreed and some didn't.  That right there showed me a lot .. Moral being that these coward cops need to go. Leave the other great officers alone and don't give them a bad name...

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 10:38 AM ET #20

    Does anyone in here know a cop, like a close friend or family member? I have a childhood friend who is a cop - the dude was and is just a different cat. Always wore fatigues in school, had the classic "Howie Long" hairdo, owned guns, joined the Army right out of high school, every cop sterotype you could think of, this guy has it. 

    So, if you combine that with hare-trigger personality, throw in a dash of "looking for a reason to go", and mix in daily volatile situations, you're dealing with a powder keg with a short fuse.

    I mean, for God's sake, I've driven by cops that have a little old white lady pulled over, and they have their hand on their holstered gun as they're walking up to the car!! Not sure if that's "instinct" kicking in, but that's what we're dealing with out there.

    So, I've come up with an idea, since obviously this issue isn't going away. Instead of wasting taxpayer money on PSA ads about giving your cat friggin' third hand smoke, how about a few that say:

    "You're dealing with an undocumented psychopath that carries a badge and a gun - DON'T run, DON'T scream, DON'T make any sudden moves, and most importantly DON'T fight, or you could wind up dead....."

    Let's run this non-stop on MTV, Maury, Jerry Springer, Kardashians, Honey Boo-Boo, and other low income, low intelligence programs like these.
    Reply
    Does anyone in here know a cop, like a close friend or family member? I have a childhood friend who is a cop - the dude was and is just a different cat. Always wore fatigues in school, had the classic "Howie Long" hairdo, owned guns, joined the Army right out of high school, every cop sterotype you could think of, this guy has it. 

    So, if you combine that with hare-trigger personality, throw in a dash of "looking for a reason to go", and mix in daily volatile situations, you're dealing with a powder keg with a short fuse.

    I mean, for God's sake, I've driven by cops that have a little old white lady pulled over, and they have their hand on their holstered gun as they're walking up to the car!! Not sure if that's "instinct" kicking in, but that's what we're dealing with out there.

    So, I've come up with an idea, since obviously this issue isn't going away. Instead of wasting taxpayer money on PSA ads about giving your cat friggin' third hand smoke, how about a few that say:

    "You're dealing with an undocumented psychopath that carries a badge and a gun - DON'T run, DON'T scream, DON'T make any sudden moves, and most importantly DON'T fight, or you could wind up dead....."

    Let's run this non-stop on MTV, Maury, Jerry Springer, Kardashians, Honey Boo-Boo, and other low income, low intelligence programs like these.
     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 10:41 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by funguyy:

    WOW. Did not know that LA has an open carry law requiring no license. That is just crazy.

    That said, weapon was in his pocket. That made it a concealed weapon which required a license.



    Doesn't matter.. How did they know he didn't have a license?  Think about it.  They never even gave him a chance .. That's my only problem.. They bum rushed him and that's it.  Maybe I'm wrong but that is what they are reporting. I hope it wrong and they knew he didn't have one but still he never engaged the weapon. Even though he reached he never put them in harms way.. You can walk into restaurants here and be side to side with AK47's , AR15 and holstered pistols.  You cant say nothing to the guys.. I have one but its concealed and hidden. I don't want no one to ever know I have it ..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by funguyy:

    WOW. Did not know that LA has an open carry law requiring no license. That is just crazy.

    That said, weapon was in his pocket. That made it a concealed weapon which required a license.



    Doesn't matter.. How did they know he didn't have a license?  Think about it.  They never even gave him a chance .. That's my only problem.. They bum rushed him and that's it.  Maybe I'm wrong but that is what they are reporting. I hope it wrong and they knew he didn't have one but still he never engaged the weapon. Even though he reached he never put them in harms way.. You can walk into restaurants here and be side to side with AK47's , AR15 and holstered pistols.  You cant say nothing to the guys.. I have one but its concealed and hidden. I don't want no one to ever know I have it ..
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 11:00 AM ET #22

    anyone seen the moto officers that have AR15 on the back on the moto?


    looks crazy

    https://www.enforcementmotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/gun-mount.jpg
    Reply
    anyone seen the moto officers that have AR15 on the back on the moto?


    looks crazy

    https://www.enforcementmotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/gun-mount.jpg
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 11:28 AM ET #23

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxdbkZtI0OE
    Reply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxdbkZtI0OE
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 3:06 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    give him time, he's establishing a new alias

    Oh ok,  ic now... Centaur was an SAF and will be back with his "enlightened views" as another screen name.

    I actually didn't have a problem with him and thought he was a decent guy but when ever it was a topic that got him all emotional and upset he would kinda lose it...  Makes sense because that's pretty consistent with the other SAFs on this site...

    Makes you wonder if the angry emotional posters like sportsfan and centaur are really just one guy with a lot of screen names he hides behind...


    Covers knows 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    give him time, he's establishing a new alias

    Oh ok,  ic now... Centaur was an SAF and will be back with his "enlightened views" as another screen name.

    I actually didn't have a problem with him and thought he was a decent guy but when ever it was a topic that got him all emotional and upset he would kinda lose it...  Makes sense because that's pretty consistent with the other SAFs on this site...

    Makes you wonder if the angry emotional posters like sportsfan and centaur are really just one guy with a lot of screen names he hides behind...


    Covers knows 
     
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2016 - 4:30 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCure01:

    It just seems like you are making excuse after excuse for Sterling.  The officers were called there because he threatened another person with that gun for just being there.  They don't have to know his criminal history to know he is acting dangerously and illegally and treating him as such. Then you are saying there is a difference between reaching for a gun and getting the gun and actually pointing at the officers?  They don't have to wait for that to happen to use deadly force.  I have been following this case and with Sterlings history of resisting arrest, being out on parole, and knowing he was going back to prison since he illegally had a gun it's pretty obvious this man chose kill the cops and get away or death by cop.

    I don't know buddy, for just simply "knowing him on another website" this sounds very "Centaurion"? "Centaurish"? "Centauricorn"? I'm not sure of the proper term......
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCure01:

    It just seems like you are making excuse after excuse for Sterling.  The officers were called there because he threatened another person with that gun for just being there.  They don't have to know his criminal history to know he is acting dangerously and illegally and treating him as such. Then you are saying there is a difference between reaching for a gun and getting the gun and actually pointing at the officers?  They don't have to wait for that to happen to use deadly force.  I have been following this case and with Sterlings history of resisting arrest, being out on parole, and knowing he was going back to prison since he illegally had a gun it's pretty obvious this man chose kill the cops and get away or death by cop.

    I don't know buddy, for just simply "knowing him on another website" this sounds very "Centaurion"? "Centaurish"? "Centauricorn"? I'm not sure of the proper term......
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 834
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,213
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,199
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.