• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    2 Year old boy snatched by alligator at Disney World

    «First Previous 12
    thecentaur
    Rush51
    Slobbasaurus
    666LES
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1686
    Posts: 42
    «First Previous 12
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2016 - 11:47 PM ET #26

    I read the body was found 15 yards from the point of attack

    Why in the world did it take several hours to find him?  How did they not search the immediate area first?
    Reply
    I read the body was found 15 yards from the point of attack

    Why in the world did it take several hours to find him?  How did they not search the immediate area first?
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 12:20 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    So I am waiting on the Obama blame somewhere in this thread..


    Wall... In all seriousness, you may have just hit a new low here. 

    You're "inviting"  a discussion to include a political response. 

    You are better than that.................. Is Covers suffering so much that they must instigate responses ?

     

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    So I am waiting on the Obama blame somewhere in this thread..


    Wall... In all seriousness, you may have just hit a new low here. 

    You're "inviting"  a discussion to include a political response. 

    You are better than that.................. Is Covers suffering so much that they must instigate responses ?

     

     

     

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 12:25 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I think it's common sense to stay away from lakes, canals, retention ponds, etc when you're in FL; especially at night.  

    Some of my co-workers don't seem to think so and that an Alligator warning sign should have been posted.

    You fellas think it's common sense to keep distance or no?  

    I know these people are from NE but I think most people know about the gator population that hell-hole of a state.  

    Yeah... I don't think an Alligator warning sign would have done any harm..  Seriously.  

    WTF.  We don't all live in FL and believe the Everglades exists in all bodies of water.. So yeah.  I'd like to have  a little warning.

    (knowing full well this didn't exist in the Everglades, thus my sarcasm).

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I think it's common sense to stay away from lakes, canals, retention ponds, etc when you're in FL; especially at night.  

    Some of my co-workers don't seem to think so and that an Alligator warning sign should have been posted.

    You fellas think it's common sense to keep distance or no?  

    I know these people are from NE but I think most people know about the gator population that hell-hole of a state.  

    Yeah... I don't think an Alligator warning sign would have done any harm..  Seriously.  

    WTF.  We don't all live in FL and believe the Everglades exists in all bodies of water.. So yeah.  I'd like to have  a little warning.

    (knowing full well this didn't exist in the Everglades, thus my sarcasm).

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 8:51 AM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Yeah... I don't think an Alligator warning sign would have done any harm..  Seriously.  

    WTF.  We don't all live in FL and believe the Everglades exists in all bodies of water.. So yeah.  I'd like to have  a little warning.

    (knowing full well this didn't exist in the Everglades, thus my sarcasm).

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     


    Sure a sign would have helped, but at the same time it's kind of common sense that you're entering their natural habitat and there could be one lurking near.  

    You'd suggest to have alligator signs on shores of every lake, canal, retention pond or where's there's any kind of brackish water?

    It's Florida, there would be signs everywhere!  

    That would be like having "Deer crossing" signs in the NJ suburbs.  These phuckers are everywhere and it's common sense to watch out for them while driving; especially at night.

    The Northeast needs "Deer Crossing" signs on every street in every state.  The point is people need to be aware.  If I visit Alaska, I don't need a Kodiak bear warning sign to tell me that they're present.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    Yeah... I don't think an Alligator warning sign would have done any harm..  Seriously.  

    WTF.  We don't all live in FL and believe the Everglades exists in all bodies of water.. So yeah.  I'd like to have  a little warning.

    (knowing full well this didn't exist in the Everglades, thus my sarcasm).

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     


    Sure a sign would have helped, but at the same time it's kind of common sense that you're entering their natural habitat and there could be one lurking near.  

    You'd suggest to have alligator signs on shores of every lake, canal, retention pond or where's there's any kind of brackish water?

    It's Florida, there would be signs everywhere!  

    That would be like having "Deer crossing" signs in the NJ suburbs.  These phuckers are everywhere and it's common sense to watch out for them while driving; especially at night.

    The Northeast needs "Deer Crossing" signs on every street in every state.  The point is people need to be aware.  If I visit Alaska, I don't need a Kodiak bear warning sign to tell me that they're present.  


     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 2:50 PM ET #30

    Apparently stupid Northeners have been paying $1000 to rent the bungaloos around this lagoon and surmised that at that price they were entitled to feed the alligators.Even a 4ft gator that doesn't fear people can handle a 2yr-old that is smaller then him.A little boy is dead and all the gators in the lagoon are killed-tragic all around.

    Reply
    Apparently stupid Northeners have been paying $1000 to rent the bungaloos around this lagoon and surmised that at that price they were entitled to feed the alligators.Even a 4ft gator that doesn't fear people can handle a 2yr-old that is smaller then him.A little boy is dead and all the gators in the lagoon are killed-tragic all around.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 3:20 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Apparently stupid Northeners have been paying $1000 to rent the bungaloos around this lagoon and surmised that at that price they were entitled to feed the alligators.Even a 4ft gator that doesn't fear people can handle a 2yr-old that is smaller then him.A little boy is dead and all the gators in the lagoon are killed-tragic all around.


    That's amazing they allow that., no wonder the kid was attacked.. Feeding gators in Florida is about a 500.00 citation if caught by F&G..There are signs everywhere but people still do it. 
    Result is every gator pack near that food is captured and euthanized. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Apparently stupid Northeners have been paying $1000 to rent the bungaloos around this lagoon and surmised that at that price they were entitled to feed the alligators.Even a 4ft gator that doesn't fear people can handle a 2yr-old that is smaller then him.A little boy is dead and all the gators in the lagoon are killed-tragic all around.


    That's amazing they allow that., no wonder the kid was attacked.. Feeding gators in Florida is about a 500.00 citation if caught by F&G..There are signs everywhere but people still do it. 
    Result is every gator pack near that food is captured and euthanized. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 3:41 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Slovak:



    You wouldn't think that Disney would make a lagoon complete with a beach at a 5 star hotel for people to congregate right next to the gators. You get tourists in from all over the world who have no idea what kind of animals are lurking there. When you see pictures of this area, you would never think that dangerous animals are there too. I always associated Disney as a safe place for kids.

    I thought the same thing after seeing a nice sandy little beach for the kiddies to play on. Reality is it's a swamp filled with gators that know there's a potential hot dog or a burger tossed their way from the hands of a human. Gators are 65 million years of evolution and they know exactly where the food is.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slovak:



    You wouldn't think that Disney would make a lagoon complete with a beach at a 5 star hotel for people to congregate right next to the gators. You get tourists in from all over the world who have no idea what kind of animals are lurking there. When you see pictures of this area, you would never think that dangerous animals are there too. I always associated Disney as a safe place for kids.

    I thought the same thing after seeing a nice sandy little beach for the kiddies to play on. Reality is it's a swamp filled with gators that know there's a potential hot dog or a burger tossed their way from the hands of a human. Gators are 65 million years of evolution and they know exactly where the food is.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 9:24 PM ET #33

    They are going to clear that lagoon around the Grand Floridian Hotel of every single gator after this. I guarantee you that. It's probably happening right now. 
    Reply
    They are going to clear that lagoon around the Grand Floridian Hotel of every single gator after this. I guarantee you that. It's probably happening right now. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 9:44 PM ET #34

    Obviously I wasnt there and dont know how it went down or how big the dad is....but I'm picking that 4ft gator up and out of the water and giving his eyeballs all the pressure I can muster....you arent gonna pull anything from its jaws....

    I cant imagine watching my child disappear under the water. Holy f*ck what a nightmare. 
    Reply
    Obviously I wasnt there and dont know how it went down or how big the dad is....but I'm picking that 4ft gator up and out of the water and giving his eyeballs all the pressure I can muster....you arent gonna pull anything from its jaws....

    I cant imagine watching my child disappear under the water. Holy f*ck what a nightmare. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 9:53 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    They are going to clear that lagoon around the Grand Floridian Hotel of every single gator after this. I guarantee you that. It's probably happening right now. 

    Probably right, but Gators are rightfully protected under state law. 
    Courtroom purposes and billions of dollars Disney will slaughter as many as they can of course because they have deep pockets and lobbyists.. Won't solve a thing. Posting signs and informing the public about dangers of feeding and swimming with reptiles. aka "kill radius"

    Put a net 100 yards off of the swamp beach and and post Gator warning signs is the correct response imo. Anybody caught feeding the reptiles is subject to hefty fines just like everybody else in Florida, guest or no guest.. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    They are going to clear that lagoon around the Grand Floridian Hotel of every single gator after this. I guarantee you that. It's probably happening right now. 

    Probably right, but Gators are rightfully protected under state law. 
    Courtroom purposes and billions of dollars Disney will slaughter as many as they can of course because they have deep pockets and lobbyists.. Won't solve a thing. Posting signs and informing the public about dangers of feeding and swimming with reptiles. aka "kill radius"

    Put a net 100 yards off of the swamp beach and and post Gator warning signs is the correct response imo. Anybody caught feeding the reptiles is subject to hefty fines just like everybody else in Florida, guest or no guest.. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2016 - 9:59 PM ET #36

    ....FYI. N American gators lay up and over 40 eggs per year. 2% of them survive the journey away from mom. Florida is dead serious about maintaining their gator population. Good luck Disney. go to Home Depot and buy some warning and no feeding signs instead. 
    Reply
    ....FYI. N American gators lay up and over 40 eggs per year. 2% of them survive the journey away from mom. Florida is dead serious about maintaining their gator population. Good luck Disney. go to Home Depot and buy some warning and no feeding signs instead. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2016 - 10:31 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Obviously I wasnt there and dont know how it went down or how big the dad is....but I'm picking that 4ft gator up and out of the water and giving his eyeballs all the pressure I can muster....you arent gonna pull anything from its jaws....

    I cant imagine watching my child disappear under the water. Holy f*ck what a nightmare. 

     

    It was already dark and I think a 4 foot gator probably looks like an 8 foot gator in murky water. 

    Also, I would think you'd have trouble finding the eyes.

    Still, I agree that if I had my hands on the gator and my kid was in it's mouth, it's me or that thing to the death.

    I'm not sure how fast a gator could pull a 2 year old into deeper water. I'd think almost in a flash.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Obviously I wasnt there and dont know how it went down or how big the dad is....but I'm picking that 4ft gator up and out of the water and giving his eyeballs all the pressure I can muster....you arent gonna pull anything from its jaws....

    I cant imagine watching my child disappear under the water. Holy f*ck what a nightmare. 

     

    It was already dark and I think a 4 foot gator probably looks like an 8 foot gator in murky water. 

    Also, I would think you'd have trouble finding the eyes.

    Still, I agree that if I had my hands on the gator and my kid was in it's mouth, it's me or that thing to the death.

    I'm not sure how fast a gator could pull a 2 year old into deeper water. I'd think almost in a flash.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2016 - 10:32 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Probably right, but Gators are rightfully protected under state law. 
    Courtroom purposes and billions of dollars Disney will slaughter as many as they can of course because they have deep pockets and lobbyists.. Won't solve a thing. Posting signs and informing the public about dangers of feeding and swimming with reptiles. aka "kill radius"

    Put a net 100 yards off of the swamp beach and and post Gator warning signs is the correct response imo. Anybody caught feeding the reptiles is subject to hefty fines just like everybody else in Florida, guest or no guest.. 

     

    Protected by state law...

    That explains why they are there in the first place.

    I'd think a net would lead to more controversy with dead gators much like dolphins getting tangled up in there.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Probably right, but Gators are rightfully protected under state law. 
    Courtroom purposes and billions of dollars Disney will slaughter as many as they can of course because they have deep pockets and lobbyists.. Won't solve a thing. Posting signs and informing the public about dangers of feeding and swimming with reptiles. aka "kill radius"

    Put a net 100 yards off of the swamp beach and and post Gator warning signs is the correct response imo. Anybody caught feeding the reptiles is subject to hefty fines just like everybody else in Florida, guest or no guest.. 

     

    Protected by state law...

    That explains why they are there in the first place.

    I'd think a net would lead to more controversy with dead gators much like dolphins getting tangled up in there.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2016 - 11:32 AM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Man was walking his 2 year old son by the 7 Seas Lagoon near the Grand Floridian when a gator attacked and snatched the 2 year old.  The father tried to grab it but was unsuccessful.


    https://www.travelingmom.com/2016/05/03/disney-grand-floridian-dark-families-adults/

     

    I just want to be clear here. In the attached link you will find that the Grand Floridian conducts a "Movies Under the Stars Night". The father was out with his 2-year old to see the movie which the Hotel conducts on it's property not too far from the water.

    Children are obviously immensely curious when it comes to water and the child made it's way away from the movie viewing area to the lake.

    That's where the tragedy occurred.

    Anyhow, pointing this out doesn't absolve or place blame on anyone involved.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Man was walking his 2 year old son by the 7 Seas Lagoon near the Grand Floridian when a gator attacked and snatched the 2 year old.  The father tried to grab it but was unsuccessful.


    https://www.travelingmom.com/2016/05/03/disney-grand-floridian-dark-families-adults/

     

    I just want to be clear here. In the attached link you will find that the Grand Floridian conducts a "Movies Under the Stars Night". The father was out with his 2-year old to see the movie which the Hotel conducts on it's property not too far from the water.

    Children are obviously immensely curious when it comes to water and the child made it's way away from the movie viewing area to the lake.

    That's where the tragedy occurred.

    Anyhow, pointing this out doesn't absolve or place blame on anyone involved.

     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2016 - 12:17 AM ET #40

    Very tragic that this little innocent boy was killed by an alligator. I can just imagine the anguish and suffering the family is undergoing...such a sad tragic story!

    RIP little fella!


    Reply
    Very tragic that this little innocent boy was killed by an alligator. I can just imagine the anguish and suffering the family is undergoing...such a sad tragic story!

    RIP little fella!


     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2016 - 6:30 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

     

    It was already dark and I think a 4 foot gator probably looks like an 8 foot gator in murky water. 

    Also, I would think you'd have trouble finding the eyes.

    Still, I agree that if I had my hands on the gator and my kid was in it's mouth, it's me or that thing to the death.

    I'm not sure how fast a gator could pull a 2 year old into deeper water. I'd think almost in a flash.

    Yep. Theres no chance that alligator is getting away from me if its got my little girl and I can actually put hands on it.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

     

    It was already dark and I think a 4 foot gator probably looks like an 8 foot gator in murky water. 

    Also, I would think you'd have trouble finding the eyes.

    Still, I agree that if I had my hands on the gator and my kid was in it's mouth, it's me or that thing to the death.

    I'm not sure how fast a gator could pull a 2 year old into deeper water. I'd think almost in a flash.

    Yep. Theres no chance that alligator is getting away from me if its got my little girl and I can actually put hands on it.....
     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 21, 2016 - 6:56 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Yep. Theres no chance that alligator is getting away from me if its got my little girl and I can actually put hands on it.....

    Agree. Sadly those reptiles can snatch accelerate to 20- 25 mph with a few flicks of the tail. It's like trying to hold on to a greased up rodeo bull's head. I would swim that lagoon until I drowned in hopes the child was released from jaws. Hopeless at night but all ya can do.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Yep. Theres no chance that alligator is getting away from me if its got my little girl and I can actually put hands on it.....

    Agree. Sadly those reptiles can snatch accelerate to 20- 25 mph with a few flicks of the tail. It's like trying to hold on to a greased up rodeo bull's head. I would swim that lagoon until I drowned in hopes the child was released from jaws. Hopeless at night but all ya can do.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,354
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 434
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,882
    • PART DEUX 148
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 838
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,280
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,220
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,228

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.