New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

USC Recruiting

Participants:
Views: 632

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

So USC signed a total of 13 players....this class... They signed ZERO 5* players and one 4* player....the rest 3*....Ended up with the 52nd ranked recruiting class and 10th overall on the Pac12.....Their worse recruiting class in program history.....Its one thing if you are a bad coach wise..Ala Sark and Kiffin and Helton....but when u cannot recruit...it will bury your program and set it back...They will be good next year not great but after next season they will be very average...
Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

Not many seniors leaving.  

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Helton should have been canned years ago an_light

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by 1969USC:

Not many seniors leaving.

So what is your assessment of the program.   Good things in the future, or Helton over his head, waiting to be dismissed...Specifically, how do you think they will perform against a motivated Bama team in Week 1 in Arlington.  I doubt it will be another 50 pt beat down like the last time when Kiffen was in charge of SC, but Bama should TCB.    According to Sagarin, the spread will be about 17.   Thank you in advance.   I have degrees from both Texas and Indiana, but I enjoy the SC football traditional and especially the band and the Song Girls (God Bless Them).   Fight On!  

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Bama is losing 5 underclassmen to the draft.  I'm sure they will have a good season, but their first game won't be their best.

USC's DC hires are critical and will determine Clay's job security.

USC's offensive is good and will put up points on Bama.  If the defense solidifies, it will be a close game.  I'm not holding my breath.

There were so many injuries last year at USC that it is impossible to know what they will do when healthy.  17 points?  Take USC.

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by 1969USC:

Bama is losing 5 underclassmen to the draft.  I'm sure they will have a good season, but their first game won't be their best.

USC's DC hires are critical and will determine Clay's job security.

USC's offensive is good and will put up points on Bama.  If the defense solidifies, it will be a close game.  I'm not holding my breath.

There were so many injuries last year at USC that it is impossible to know what they will do when healthy.  17 points?  Take USC.

USC will be good next season as Helton recruited good 2-3 years ago...They still have a decent amount of 4-5* players but the last 2 recruiting classes were majority 3*....Next year and beyond will be bad...

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Bama has a history of covering that first game on a neutral field.

Six out of the last seven.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Helton recruited like a man who thought he was going to be fired so he figured why bother? Amazing he's still there and the Alumni, AD have to put a stop to this soon I would think 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Some times those C players have more heart and stay out of trouble.  It's all about chemistry.  

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpinator2020:

Some times those C players have more heart and stay out of trouble.  It's all about chemistry.

Talent matters when you are expected to compete for a Natty or in USC's case the Pac12 ship and CFP berth....See Oklahoma vs Bama & LSU last 2 years in the CFP....Complete mismatch in talent...3-4* going up against 4-5*...Talent matters, which is why in the NFL the scouting combine is taken in high regards...

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo