I don't get the love that the Zags get year in year out. This years team especially. Out of conference they beat Bama (decent squad) and Kentucky (average) and got beat down by Michigan.
No other program in a mid-major conference gets the love and baby glove treatment this squad gets. And this years team has been one of the weaker squads they have had. They barely beat Seattle (@ home), lost on the road to an 8 win team Portland, and there have been several other teams within their conference this year that won't even come close to making the tourney in March that they have struggled with. And yet they are ranked 11th.
I feel that if you put this squad in any of the top conferences (and this includes the Atlantic 10) and they are nowhere near the record they are now. Possibly fighting for late entry into the tourney.
I know that winning their conference tourney is an automatic bid, but it feels like every year they are given so much more room for error when it should be the opposite, especially when it comes to rankings.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I don't get the love that the Zags get year in year out. This years team especially. Out of conference they beat Bama (decent squad) and Kentucky (average) and got beat down by Michigan.
No other program in a mid-major conference gets the love and baby glove treatment this squad gets. And this years team has been one of the weaker squads they have had. They barely beat Seattle (@ home), lost on the road to an 8 win team Portland, and there have been several other teams within their conference this year that won't even come close to making the tourney in March that they have struggled with. And yet they are ranked 11th.
I feel that if you put this squad in any of the top conferences (and this includes the Atlantic 10) and they are nowhere near the record they are now. Possibly fighting for late entry into the tourney.
I know that winning their conference tourney is an automatic bid, but it feels like every year they are given so much more room for error when it should be the opposite, especially when it comes to rankings.