I have Duke winning by -9 or more…bigger inside, more effective offense, Foster motivation. Duke has length outside and inside….what does St John have to counter? Defensive Toughness??? Yeah, 100% they have that, but can you rely on 40 minutes of toughness vs a Duke team that just beats people up in the middle, slows the game down, and plays fundamentally? Highly doubt it?
Took Duke to win the East (LARGE) @-112 @ Circa, pending future +1400 (LARGE) from preseason…. Sticking to my guns…. Duke to the finish line
Others smaller plays I took earlier in the week…
Alabama ML +400 (took on Mon)
Alabama +9
UConn ML
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Duke -6.5 (LARGE)
I have Duke winning by -9 or more…bigger inside, more effective offense, Foster motivation. Duke has length outside and inside….what does St John have to counter? Defensive Toughness??? Yeah, 100% they have that, but can you rely on 40 minutes of toughness vs a Duke team that just beats people up in the middle, slows the game down, and plays fundamentally? Highly doubt it?
Took Duke to win the East (LARGE) @-112 @ Circa, pending future +1400 (LARGE) from preseason…. Sticking to my guns…. Duke to the finish line
ton of hate for Duke program + St John the bully front going on, and Duke hasn’t impressed …
in my mind…Dukes played the best #16 seed (I had Siena rated higher than a 16 and possible 1st rd upset), they’ve also played the best #9 seed imo in TCU…. Toughest teams in first 2 rounds of all the #1 seed…This Duke team is AWAKE, and I wouldn’t want to be the team to face them.
@LVTruck
ton of hate for Duke program + St John the bully front going on, and Duke hasn’t impressed …
in my mind…Dukes played the best #16 seed (I had Siena rated higher than a 16 and possible 1st rd upset), they’ve also played the best #9 seed imo in TCU…. Toughest teams in first 2 rounds of all the #1 seed…This Duke team is AWAKE, and I wouldn’t want to be the team to face them.
He’s been practicing with the team, no noticeable limp, and coach said “in Foster’s mind- he prob would have played last weekend” I think he’ll suit up, play sparingly…if coach is smart, will prob use it as motivation factor for team.
@UnrankedChamp
He’s been practicing with the team, no noticeable limp, and coach said “in Foster’s mind- he prob would have played last weekend” I think he’ll suit up, play sparingly…if coach is smart, will prob use it as motivation factor for team.
I like what you’re thinking about Duke, but my concern is really just the pressure. If St. John’s can speed them up, force a few sloppy possessions, and create extra chances off the press, that’s how they hang around. If Duke handles the ball reasonably well and makes this a half-court game, I still think Duke is the right side.
I like what you’re thinking about Duke, but my concern is really just the pressure. If St. John’s can speed them up, force a few sloppy possessions, and create extra chances off the press, that’s how they hang around. If Duke handles the ball reasonably well and makes this a half-court game, I still think Duke is the right side.
this was perfect for in-game betting...duke was available at better than pregame spread (saw as high as +3.5)...LB's pick was good. St John's line was also better than pre for portions of the game too (got 9.5 but was a little higher)...middle came in. not sure why y'all are bickering, should be focused on making money
this was perfect for in-game betting...duke was available at better than pregame spread (saw as high as +3.5)...LB's pick was good. St John's line was also better than pre for portions of the game too (got 9.5 but was a little higher)...middle came in. not sure why y'all are bickering, should be focused on making money