Let's remember a couple of facts--Pats Backers

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Let's remember a couple of facts--Pats Backers
Shell Shocked PM Shell Shocked
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 80
 
Shell Shocked
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:21:05 AM
have posted in awhile, but I've been reading all this nonsense about how the Pats are going to BLOWOUT the Ravens.
1. Pas haven't beaten a team with a winning record all year--impressive right
2. Balt and yes Flacco is 7-0 against playoff teams
3. And don't get lost in the fact that the Pats managed to beat up shitty Buffalo and Denver in their last 2--who cares.

Welcome to big boy football this week.

I'll take RAVENS +7.5

Good luck to all those that only believe what they saw last week, the Pats don't play D, don't get it confused,
onebrokebloke PM onebrokebloke
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 509
Maine
 
onebrokebloke
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:04:25 AM
Why dont you remamber that ALL of Baltimores losses were away this year to Seattle, Jacksonville, San Dieago and I forget the fourth but they were also down 21-0 against Arizona?...haha Flacco has a 66.2 playoff QBR with 6td's and 7picks....I think we all know that the Ravens are average on offense and older on defense...I don't think they get blown out of the stadium but they lose this week man..by more than 7.5
Cooler999 PM Cooler999
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10914
California
 
Cooler999
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:15:13 AM
66.2% QBR?  damn that's low.  That old defense better take huge amounts of Geritol to keep Tommy below his QBR.baby
nc1capper PM nc1capper
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16348
North Carolina
 
nc1capper
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:17:26 AM
fear the raven (+9)
Makaveli1 PM Makaveli1
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2504
United States
 
Makaveli1
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:45:21 AM

If all I believe is what I saw last week then I will tell you, Baltimore is not what I consider a Superbowl Championship caliber team. They are good, don't get me wrong but they are playing NE by the hair on their chinny chin chin after narrowly escaping with the win vs Houston.

BOL, it should be a good one!

binger1 PM binger1
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 549
Missouri
 
binger1
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 11:10:27 AM

Patriots will neutralize the Ravens pass rush by chip blocking is what willie mcgunest said on nfl network and brady will have all  day to throw.Patriots by 10,jus my opinon.

Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:25:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by onebrokebloke:

Why dont you remamber that ALL of Baltimores losses were away this year to Seattle, Jacksonville, San Dieago and I forget the fourth but they were also down 21-0 against Arizona?...haha Flacco has a 66.2 playoff QBR with 6td's and 7picks....I think we all know that the Ravens are average on offense and older on defense...I don't think they get blown out of the stadium but they lose this week man..by more than 7.5



this game is funny to me... people still can never get the pattern in the playoffs...


ask yourself, which one of these teams has been sniffing at the Super Bowl, right on the doorstep, on the verge of getting into the big game, and which one has been getting bounced in the first round every year, with a bunch of players who just won their first ever playoff game?

if you can answer this question, you should know which of these teams is going to the Super Bowl, and which team is just a blip on this year's playoff radar...
onebrokebloke PM onebrokebloke
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 509
Maine
 
onebrokebloke
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:21:48 PM

Misleading question....

The Patriots have lost their last 3 playoff games dude! These are the New England Patriots and not the Ravens who are like bread and butter as opposed to a nice pizza!!..If it's about hunger the Patriots have the damn edge - they've won three and lost 3 in a row and don't want that taste anymore. The Ravens don't even trust their quarterback

Pats have scored over 37/game over 9 game winning streak and allowed under 20......look at the San Diego game for the Ravens and you'll get a similar result on Sunday.....

 

gilligansisland PM gilligansisland
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2180
Massachusetts
 
gilligansisland
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:13:08 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Ice4Blood:




this game is funny to me... people still can never get the pattern in the playoffs...


ask yourself, which one of these teams has been sniffing at the Super Bowl, right on the doorstep, on the verge of getting into the big game, and which one has been getting bounced in the first round every year, with a bunch of players who just won their first ever playoff game?

if you can answer this question, you should know which of these teams is going to the Super Bowl, and which team is just a blip on this year's playoff radar...

Sniffing the Super Bowl,right on the doorstep,on the verg of getting to the big game? BULLSHIT!!!!!!!The Ravens have been to one AFC Championship game since they won the Super Bowl in 2000.That's right one.Nice try.You're giving the Ravens too much credit for winning a couple of lousy Wild Card games.It's a good thing to look at facts before you print bullshit like this.

MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8285
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:53:47 PM
Keep telling yourself that. It's like the Raven backers are having to convince themselves as they type. Go ahead and ignore the Jaguars loss on Monday night to a rookie quarterback. The 14 point win over the Browns. The 6 point win over the Browns at home on Christmas eve. The Chargers blowout on Sunday night football. Squeaking by the Texans who have a rookie 3rd string quarterback by 7. Impressive Right? Go ahead and bet on Joe Flaco impressive 7-0 record vs. playoffs teams over Tom Brady's legendary 15-5 playoff record and 3 Superbowl rings. Go ahead and bet on the Ravens offense over the Patriots monster 8 receiver offense. Go ahead and praise the Ravens defense when they are only better than the Patriots on defense by a field goal. Go ahead and bet on John Harbaugh over Bill Belichick. Impressive Right? Go ahead and waste your money.
dillon24 PM dillon24
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 8936
Netherlands
 
dillon24
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:56:47 PM

People are really idiots.. and don't realize that any team can beat any team on any givin sunday.. especially when a team with a decent defense plays their "superbowl" against an upper tier team.  How did the cheifs beat GB??  hmmm road game in KC is hard no matter who you are... bottom line any team can win any week

spiff PM spiff
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 330
United States
 
spiff
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 6:21:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Shell Shocked:


1. Pas haven't beaten a team with a winning record all year--impressive right



Nope. While they are 0-2 against winning teams they only had a chance to win 1 game against a team with a winning record.

Had they won the Giants game then the Giants would have finished 8-8 and the Eagles would have won the division (assuming the season played out the same for the Giants). it would not have changed anything in the AFC and there would be all sorts of posts here about how the 14-2 Patriots did not beat a team with a winning record.

I am not going to question that the Ravens schedule was tougher than the Patriots but it isn't as dramatic difference that lots of people are making it out to be.

Ravens opponents record = 122-134
Patriots opponents record = 115-141

ALL those games against such awesome opponents and only 7 games better?

How about a look at the opponents records going into each game?

Ravens opponents into each game = 53-70
Patriots opponents into each game = 55-65

The Ravens were 6-0 against teams that had winning records going into the game so still good.

The Patriots were 4-3 against teams that had winning records going into the game. It is not great but certainly not as bad as people are attempting to make it sound.




spiff PM spiff
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 330
United States
 
spiff
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 6:39:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Shell Shocked:



2. Balt and yes Flacco is 7-0 against playoff teams



Yes they are and 2 of those wins are against the Bengals who were 0-8 against playoff teams. Very impressive wins for the Ravens.

The Patriots are not good because they didn't beat a winning team in the 1 try they had but Bengals are an exception since they couldn't beat a playoff team in 8 tries.

I think it is safe to give the Ravens a 5-0 record against quality opponents.

Perhaps it would be wise to look at what happened after those quality wins.

Pittsburgh W, 35-7
at Tennessee L, 13-26

Houston W, 29-14
at Jacksonville L, 7-12

at Pittsburgh W, 23-20
at Seattle L, 17-22

San Francisco W, 16-6
at Cleveland W, 24-10

Houston W, 20-13
at New England ????

So the Ravens after each quality win hit the road against a lesser opponent and went 1-3. The only time they won was against the worst team they would face in that scenario AND they had 3 extra days of preparation.

Their only other loss was on the road in San Diego against the best offensive team on their schedule.



Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:13:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gilligansisland:

Sniffing the Super Bowl,right on the doorstep,on the verg of getting to the big game? BULLSHIT!!!!!!!The Ravens have been to one AFC Championship game since they won the Super Bowl in 2000.That's right one.Nice try.You're giving the Ravens too much credit for winning a couple of lousy Wild Card games.It's a good thing to look at facts before you print bullshit like this.



ok Pats fan...
Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:17:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Keep telling yourself that. It's like the Raven backers are having to convince themselves as they type. Go ahead and ignore the Jaguars loss on Monday night to a rookie quarterback. The 14 point win over the Browns. The 6 point win over the Browns at home on Christmas eve. The Chargers blowout on Sunday night football. Squeaking by the Texans who have a rookie 3rd string quarterback by 7. Impressive Right? Go ahead and bet on Joe Flaco impressive 7-0 record vs. playoffs teams over Tom Brady's legendary 15-5 playoff record and 3 Superbowl rings. Go ahead and bet on the Ravens offense over the Patriots monster 8 receiver offense. Go ahead and praise the Ravens defense when they are only better than the Patriots on defense by a field goal. Go ahead and bet on John Harbaugh over Bill Belichick. Impressive Right? Go ahead and waste your money.



since you mention things that are not impressive... maybe you'd like to tell me which of the following you find impressive...

wins over... Dolphins, Chargers, Raiders, Jets, Cowboys, Jets, Chiefs, Eagles, Colts, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Bills, Broncos... only 1 playoff team in the entire bunch (Broncos), and no teams with a winning record...

and this is somehow a team that people have been fooled into thinking is some kind of invincible juggernaut? 
Ice4Blood PM Ice4Blood
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 11845
 
Ice4Blood
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:18:24 PM
and oh yea... against that pathetic schedule of football teams, the Patriots managed to come within .5 yard per game of having the worst defense in the NFL this year...

good luck laying more than a TD with that team, against a team that knows how to play defense...


spiff PM spiff
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 330
United States
 
spiff
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:45:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ice4Blood:




since you mention things that are not impressive... maybe you'd like to tell me which of the following you find impressive...

wins over... Dolphins, Chargers, Raiders, Jets, Cowboys, Jets, Chiefs, Eagles, Colts, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Bills, Broncos... only 1 playoff team in the entire bunch (Broncos), and no teams with a winning record...

and this is somehow a team that people have been fooled into thinking is some kind of invincible juggernaut? 


What I find most impressive is that someone thinks it would require an invincible juggernaut to beat the Ravens.
Mikniks PM Mikniks
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1384
New York
 
Mikniks
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 12:00:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by onebrokebloke:

The Patriots have lost their last 3 playoff games dude!

Didn't they just win a playoff game? 

choiOi PM choiOi
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4854
Wyoming
 
choiOi
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 12:14:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dillon24:

People are really idiots.. and don't realize that any team can beat any team on any givin sunday.. especially when a team with a decent defense plays their "superbowl" against an upper tier team.  How did the cheifs beat GB??  hmmm road game in KC is hard no matter who you are... bottom line any team can win any week

 

On any given Sunday YES...but we are talking about the 4 teams that ARE here. If you look at both teams from an even perspective...Ravens are more rocky on the road. They are inconsistance. It's alot easier for Ray Rice to run at home than it is for him to run on the road. That's why the Ravens offense struggles on the road.

AND...how the hell can you compared Pats @ home and KC @ home. Brady is 27-1....as bad as that Pats team have played in most or your eyes...they lost 3 games. But Brady @ home is unbeatable. Betting on Brady @ home in the L28 games, regardless of the spread...you'll be hitting around 70%. This Pats team at home are beyond dangerous.

 

ESCAPE_ PM ESCAPE_
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2044
Massachusetts
 
ESCAPE_
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 12:27:28 AM
Take a look at the Ravens past  4 match ups with New England. Yes Pats won 3 of 4 an they are different teams, but this Ravens team always give a huge fight vs the Pats they raise their game against them like in 07. In 2007 Ravens wern't even good and the Pats had the best offense ever and they held Brady to 236 yards. Like in the playoffs 2 years ago vs them. The Ravens have held Brady to under 300 passing yards the last 4 times they've met. They play the Pats they way you have to to win. I would expect nothing less than another huge effort from them on Sunday.
Mikniks PM Mikniks
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1384
New York
 
Mikniks
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 12:31:32 AM
Ravens are a better version of the Jets.  Now go see what the Jets did to the Pats last year...

Ravens can shut down the Pats O and anyone can score on the Pats D.  This will be a close game at the end.

I'd take the 7.5
mrquija27 PM mrquija27
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3052
Michigan
 
mrquija27
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 6:04:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by choiOi:

 

On any given Sunday YES...but we are talking about the 4 teams that ARE here. If you look at both teams from an even perspective...Ravens are more rocky on the road. They are inconsistance. It's alot easier for Ray Rice to run at home than it is for him to run on the road. That's why the Ravens offense struggles on the road.

AND...how the hell can you compared Pats @ home and KC @ home. Brady is 27-1....as bad as that Pats team have played in most or your eyes...they lost 3 games. But Brady @ home is unbeatable. Betting on Brady @ home in the L28 games, regardless of the spread...you'll be hitting around 70%. This Pats team at home are beyond dangerous.

 

They went .500 ATS  at home this year.

mrquija27 PM mrquija27
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3052
Michigan
 
mrquija27
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 6:05:56 AM
Im sorry, I am wrong lost 3 at home.
Shell Shocked PM Shell Shocked
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 80
 
Shell Shocked
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 7:08:11 AM
Brady is unbeatable a home until it's playoff time. Let's not forget Ravens and Jets from the last 2 years. Big, physical defenses that bring pressure, you don't have to sack Brady, you just have to bring pressure up the middle and not give him his 5 minute pocket to throw in. I know its hard to bet a defensive team without all the glamour and fireworks, but that's what wins in the playoffs--right remember the Saints and Packers are playing this weekend (whoops I forgot, they lost with this same garbage style) Stap in Pats bettors, its going to be a bumpy ride.
The.Ice.Man PM The.Ice.Man
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 443
Minnesota
 
The.Ice.Man
Participation Meter
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:15:43 AM

"  Flacco has a 66.2 playoff QBR with 6td's and 7picks....I think we all know that the Ravens are average on offense and older on defense "

I will add that this : Balt.will need to stack the box with 5 and try get to Brady. If he gets the time, picks up his reads, he picks them apart all game. In games when he faced this Brady is 75% with 18 T.D.'s this year. Reed will need to be 100 % !...... Is he ?. Great debates for sides !.... should be great to watch, see how it plays out. G.L. to all.   

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.