The pinnacle of college basketball is just hours away for the top teams in the nation, and sports bettors can come out on top during the National Championship Game by capitalizing on the best March Madness betting promos and bonuses.
With the marquee matchup set to take place in The Big Easy, it's time to put your money where (the rest of) your bracket is. Here are the top sportsbook promos for March Madness in 2022.
March Madness: Best sports betting promos
Here's a look at the current March Madness promos offered by legal online betting sites in the U.S.:
*This offer is for new customers only
March Madness promos explained
Bonus: $500 risk-free bet + $1,500 risk-free Points Betting wager + $100 in free bets | Claim now
PointsBet is offering an extra incentive to March Madness bettors in select states. In addition to its regular $2,000 in risk-free bets, the operator is handing out five free wagers to active bettors in each round.
Here's how to claim your risk-free bets:
- The PointsBet welcome bonus is for new customers in CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA, and WV.
- Make your first bet, up to $500, risk-free. If you lose this bet, PointsBet will refund the full amount in the form of site credits.
- You can also place up to $1,500 on your first Points Betting wager. It is much more difficult to maximize this amount, but bettors with an appetite for risk could win big using this unique bet type.
- PointsBet will payout bonus amounts within 24 hours, and each bonus can be divided into as many as four separate wagers.
This is how you can snag $100 in free bets during March Madness:
- The March Madness betting promo is for PointsBet customers in CO, IL, IN, MI, NJ, VA, and WV. Bettors in IA, NY, and PA cannot claim the $100 in free bets.
- You can earn $20 in live free bets in each of the first five rounds (first round through the final four).
- To qualify for a free live bet, you must make a pre-game wager of at least $50 (on odds of -200 or longer). For example, if you put $50 on Gonzaga to cover in the first round, PointsBet will add $20 in free bets to your account.
- Free bets will not be included in winnings.
Bonus: Bet $10, win $200 in free bets | Claim now
The latest March Madness betting promo comes from BetMGM. The King of Sportsbooks is reeling in new users by offering up $200 in free bets.
- The BetMGM March Madness promo is for new BetMGM customers only.
- You must register and deposit at least $10 to be eligible for the free bets.
- If you make a wager of at least $10 on March Matchups, and any team in the tournament makes one 3-pointer, BetMGM will award you four (4) $50 free bets.
- Free bets will be credited to your account within 24 hours and cannot be withdrawn as cash. You must use all free bets within 7 days.
Bonus: Bet $5, win $150 in site credit | Claim now
FanDuel’s March Madness promo isn’t quite as good as last month’s Super Bowl sign-up bonus, but who can say no to free bet credits? Here's how to earn a $150 instant bonus from FanDuel Sportsbook — one of the best March Madness betting sites in legal states:
- The FanDuel March Madness promo is for new customers in AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, and WV only. No FanDuel promo code is required, and you must download the FanDuel Sportsbook app to claim the offer.
- This March Madness promotion runs from Sunday, March 13, 2022, at 1 p.m. EST until tip-off of the National Championship game on Monday, April 4, 2022.
- You must make a first deposit of $10 or more to qualify for the instant bonus. Your first wager must be on a March Madness matchup.
- Bet $5 on any March Madness game and, win or lose, FanDuel will add $150 in bonus site credit to your account. You must wager all site credits one time before you can withdraw them as cash.
- FanDuel will credit your account with the $150 in site credits within 72 hours of your bet settling, and you'll have 14 days to use the bonus amount before it expires.
Bonus: Bet $5, win $200 in free bets | Claim now
Unlike its evergreen offer, DraftKings' March Madness promo comes with reasonable wagering requirements. While not exactly a layup compared to other tournament offers, new bettors still have a shot at a decent haul of free bets with limited risk.
Here's the breakdown:
- The DraftKings March Madness promo is for new customers in AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WY, and WV.
- Register and deposit at least $5 into your new sports betting account to get started.
- Bet at least $5 on any tournament game moneyline before tip-off and win $200 in free bets — in addition to cash winnings from your original wager — if your team emerges victorious.
- DraftKings will pay out the $200 bonus as eight (8) $25 free bets.
- You must use the free bets within seven days, or they will expire.
Bonus: Free $5 bet during Round 1 | Claim now
FOX Bet has arrived with an offer for new and existing users in legal states. The online sportsbook is crediting customer accounts with a $5 free bet for Round 1 of the men’s NCAA tournament on March 17 or March 18. Here's the scoop:
- This bonus is for all FOX Bet users in CO, MI, NJ, and PA. No FOX Bet promo code is required.
- You must opt-in to grab the $5 bet. Head on over to the Challenges section in the Promotions tab to claim your bonus.
- You can use the free bet on any March Madness matchup on March 17 or March 18.
March Madness free contests
In addition to sign-up promos and bonuses, some online sportsbooks are running free-to-play March Madness contests with huge cash prizes up for grabs. One well-known betting site promises to pay out a hefty sum if you can create the perfect bracket.
bet365 Bracket Challenge
If you think you have what it takes to predict the outcomes of all 63 tournament games correctly, bet365 has the free-to-play contest for you.
The UK-based operator is giving new and eligible users in New Jersey and Canada a shot at a $6 million grand prize. The catch? You'll have to hit on odds of one in 9.2 quintillion.
Here's a quick look at the bet365 Bracket Challenge for March Madness 2022:
- You must complete your free tournament bracket before the tournament is underway on March 17, 2022.
- Earn points for every correct pick on your bracket. The player with the most correct picks wins $125,000 (CAD).
- If you have a perfect bracket at the end of the tournament, you win $6 million in cash.
- Cash prizes will be paid out to the top 250 players on the leaderboard.
Best March Madness betting promos FAQs
So far, PointsBet's $2,000 in risk-free bets and $100 in free bets tops our list of March Madness betting promos.
You can bet on March Madness by creating a sportsbook account with a legal online betting site. After entering some personal information and claiming a bonus, you'll be ready to bet on The Big Dance.
You can bet on March Madness online or at a retail sportsbook. However, some states do not permit wagering on in-state college sports teams.
Yes, regardless of the offer, site credits and free bets will expire if left unused — typically between seven and 30 days.
While some sportsbooks require a promo code, most will reward eligible users upon registration. Read the key points we've listed under each offer for more information.
Well, that depends on where you live. Sports bettors in Connecticut, DC, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington cannot bet on in-state college teams.