Movies you saw in November
The Hunger Games expected more but was very cookie cutter with zero character development. Walked away disappointed.
I am the opposite. was expecting your typical "ten action movie" and thought the Suzanne Collins story was excellent. Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen was a very compelling "Valkyrie" style warrior maiden heroine and I am looking forward to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ![]()
check out Cloud Atlas (2012). it's been playing on HBO. I have watched it 3 times now. it really is a movie you need to watch multiple times to catch everything because it jumps around between the 6 stories so much. usually movie Wiki pages are "spoilers" BUT in this case reading it after viewing the first time actually helped me understand it better the 2nd time around. it is worth watching just for the "Neo Seoul" segments which would have made an excellent "stand alone" scifi action movie and "The Ghastly Ordeal of Timothy Cavendish" which is great comedy. Halle Berry esp as Luisa Rey in the San Francisco - 1973 segment, (she appears in all 6 stories) is getting even MORE beautiful as she gets older
Cloud Atlas Wikipedia page >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_(film)
The Hunger Games expected more but was very cookie cutter with zero character development. Walked away disappointed.
I am the opposite. was expecting your typical "ten action movie" and thought the Suzanne Collins story was excellent. Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen was a very compelling "Valkyrie" style warrior maiden heroine and I am looking forward to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ![]()
check out Cloud Atlas (2012). it's been playing on HBO. I have watched it 3 times now. it really is a movie you need to watch multiple times to catch everything because it jumps around between the 6 stories so much. usually movie Wiki pages are "spoilers" BUT in this case reading it after viewing the first time actually helped me understand it better the 2nd time around. it is worth watching just for the "Neo Seoul" segments which would have made an excellent "stand alone" scifi action movie and "The Ghastly Ordeal of Timothy Cavendish" which is great comedy. Halle Berry esp as Luisa Rey in the San Francisco - 1973 segment, (she appears in all 6 stories) is getting even MORE beautiful as she gets older
Cloud Atlas Wikipedia page >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_(film)
I watched The passion of Joan of Arc (1928) Dreyers black and white movie that has been hailed as one of the most significant movies ever.
is it silent or early sound? LOVE some of the old silents like The Ten Commandments (1923), Ben-Hur (1925) and early horror like Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Phantom of the Opera (1925) ![]()
I watched The passion of Joan of Arc (1928) Dreyers black and white movie that has been hailed as one of the most significant movies ever.
is it silent or early sound? LOVE some of the old silents like The Ten Commandments (1923), Ben-Hur (1925) and early horror like Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Phantom of the Opera (1925) ![]()
is it silent or early sound? LOVE some of the old silents like The Ten Commandments (1923), Ben-Hur (1925) and early horror like Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Phantom of the Opera (1925) ![]()
almost forgot THE Howard Hughes WWI aviation silent classic "Wings (1927) which won the first ever Best Picture Oscar ![]()
is it silent or early sound? LOVE some of the old silents like The Ten Commandments (1923), Ben-Hur (1925) and early horror like Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Phantom of the Opera (1925) ![]()
almost forgot THE Howard Hughes WWI aviation silent classic "Wings (1927) which won the first ever Best Picture Oscar ![]()
Finally watched Cloud Atlas. You're either going to love or hate it. I liked it and was different. Can be very hard to follow because some scenes are 10 seconds and on to the next. It's 3 hours so you need time what I did was watch 1.5 hours and go back and finish the other half. Have to watch it a second time and as LeRink said it's a good idea to go to Wiki after the movie.
I am really starting to enjoy the comedy in "The Ghastly Ordeal of Timothy Cavendish" segments esp the character of Meeks ("I Know, I KNOW") played by Robert Fyfe who's impassioned plea for help to the Scottish pub patrons incites a riot. probably the funniest part of the movie ![]()
Finally watched Cloud Atlas. You're either going to love or hate it. I liked it and was different. Can be very hard to follow because some scenes are 10 seconds and on to the next. It's 3 hours so you need time what I did was watch 1.5 hours and go back and finish the other half. Have to watch it a second time and as LeRink said it's a good idea to go to Wiki after the movie.
I am really starting to enjoy the comedy in "The Ghastly Ordeal of Timothy Cavendish" segments esp the character of Meeks ("I Know, I KNOW") played by Robert Fyfe who's impassioned plea for help to the Scottish pub patrons incites a riot. probably the funniest part of the movie ![]()
the counsellor - what a terrible movie i left with 30 mins to go
thanks for the warning. was considering it for a PPV when it hit Dish-TV because of the cast (ex for Penelope Cruz who I can't stand) and the plotline. noticed it had a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes BUT they have low rated other movies I enjoyed ![]()
the counsellor - what a terrible movie i left with 30 mins to go
thanks for the warning. was considering it for a PPV when it hit Dish-TV because of the cast (ex for Penelope Cruz who I can't stand) and the plotline. noticed it had a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes BUT they have low rated other movies I enjoyed ![]()
the counsellor - what a terrible movie i left with 30 mins to go
It can't be worse than a Transformers movie. I remember you saying how great those were.
the counsellor - what a terrible movie i left with 30 mins to go
It can't be worse than a Transformers movie. I remember you saying how great those were.
is it silent or early sound? LOVE some of the old silents like The Ten Commandments (1923), Ben-Hur (1925) and early horror like Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Phantom of the Opera (1925) ![]()
It is silent. Be hailed as possibly the best silent movie ever produced. I liked the performance of Maria Falconetti.
is it silent or early sound? LOVE some of the old silents like The Ten Commandments (1923), Ben-Hur (1925) and early horror like Nosferatu (1922), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Phantom of the Opera (1925) ![]()
It is silent. Be hailed as possibly the best silent movie ever produced. I liked the performance of Maria Falconetti.
Gangster Squad (2013) starts out really fast BUT kind of deteriorates into a standard post WWII 1940's era "cops vs criminals" crime-action movie. DOES have plenty of fights, "ordnance" and "stuff that goes boom" BUT expected more from a cast that included Sean Penn as LA crime boss Mickey Cohen, Josh Brolin, Nick Nolte, Giovanni Ribisi as "good guy" cops and the luschious Emma Stone as Cohen's love interest (BUT she is looking for better)
decent action BUT drags in spots when it gets into the Gangster Squad cops personal lives. it's OK but NOT as well acted or thoughtful a plot as similar post WWII era crime-drama movies like L.A. Confidential (1997). it plays on Cinemax channels again Thursday Nov 7th, Saturday Nov 9th, Sunday, Nov 10th and Wednesday Nov 13th. I rate it ![]()
also re-watched Infamous (2006) about Truman Capote writing" In Cold Blood" with English actor Toby Jones a Capote. it was released a year after the movie "Capote" which won Philip Seymour Hoffman the Best Actor Oscar in the title roll and I will just reiterate what New York Observer critic Rex Reed said in his review "They gave the Oscar to the wrong Truman Capote". I have seen both movies and I think that Jones just captured the Capote's mannerisms and idiosyncrasies better. it is like watching a re-run of Capote interviews I saw on TV back in the 1970's. Jones IS the man.
outstanding supporting cast of Sandra Bullock as writer Harper Lee who assisted Capote researching the book, "pre James Bond" Daniel Craig as the murderer Perry Smith and Peter Bogdanovich, Isabella Rossellini, Gwyneth Paltrow and Sigourney Weaver as Capote's "arty-smarty" social circle in New York City.
it is an outstanding drama VERY well acted by all involved and is on Cinemax again Thursday Nov 14th IF you want to record. definite
![]()
Gangster Squad (2013) starts out really fast BUT kind of deteriorates into a standard post WWII 1940's era "cops vs criminals" crime-action movie. DOES have plenty of fights, "ordnance" and "stuff that goes boom" BUT expected more from a cast that included Sean Penn as LA crime boss Mickey Cohen, Josh Brolin, Nick Nolte, Giovanni Ribisi as "good guy" cops and the luschious Emma Stone as Cohen's love interest (BUT she is looking for better)
decent action BUT drags in spots when it gets into the Gangster Squad cops personal lives. it's OK but NOT as well acted or thoughtful a plot as similar post WWII era crime-drama movies like L.A. Confidential (1997). it plays on Cinemax channels again Thursday Nov 7th, Saturday Nov 9th, Sunday, Nov 10th and Wednesday Nov 13th. I rate it ![]()
also re-watched Infamous (2006) about Truman Capote writing" In Cold Blood" with English actor Toby Jones a Capote. it was released a year after the movie "Capote" which won Philip Seymour Hoffman the Best Actor Oscar in the title roll and I will just reiterate what New York Observer critic Rex Reed said in his review "They gave the Oscar to the wrong Truman Capote". I have seen both movies and I think that Jones just captured the Capote's mannerisms and idiosyncrasies better. it is like watching a re-run of Capote interviews I saw on TV back in the 1970's. Jones IS the man.
outstanding supporting cast of Sandra Bullock as writer Harper Lee who assisted Capote researching the book, "pre James Bond" Daniel Craig as the murderer Perry Smith and Peter Bogdanovich, Isabella Rossellini, Gwyneth Paltrow and Sigourney Weaver as Capote's "arty-smarty" social circle in New York City.
it is an outstanding drama VERY well acted by all involved and is on Cinemax again Thursday Nov 14th IF you want to record. definite
![]()
thanks for the warning. was considering it for a PPV when it hit Dish-TV because of the cast (ex for Penelope Cruz who I can't stand) and the plotline. noticed it had a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes BUT they have low rated other movies I enjoyed ![]()
very slow movie with no development
thanks for the warning. was considering it for a PPV when it hit Dish-TV because of the cast (ex for Penelope Cruz who I can't stand) and the plotline. noticed it had a 37% on Rotten Tomatoes BUT they have low rated other movies I enjoyed ![]()
very slow movie with no development
i saw 12 years a slave, it was real good also tough to watch/
the counselor was decent but could have been better/
(mudd was my top flick thus far this year along with prisoners/)
i thought gravity was a sleeper/ bad grampa funny, not to nasty
escape plan was bad / don jon was good stuff , scarlet jo never looked so damn good/ last vegas was uhh 5/10 suprisingly not horrable. i see to many flicks could go on for ever
i saw 12 years a slave, it was real good also tough to watch/
the counselor was decent but could have been better/
(mudd was my top flick thus far this year along with prisoners/)
i thought gravity was a sleeper/ bad grampa funny, not to nasty
escape plan was bad / don jon was good stuff , scarlet jo never looked so damn good/ last vegas was uhh 5/10 suprisingly not horrable. i see to many flicks could go on for ever
Hot Forum Topics
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,284
- PART DEUX 200
- Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,815
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,816
- Monday 10/05/2026 699
- ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,159
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,702
- MNF 1,076
- NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,741
- Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,318
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
