• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    Movies you saw for the first time December

    12 Next Last»
    LeRinkRat
    jsmiller
    CanadaCup
    Slobbasaurus
    OnlyGod
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2011
    Posts: 40
    12 Next Last»
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2012 - 3:13 AM ET #1

    just watched Antitrust (2001) on Cinemax. VERY good (and VERY under-rated by the critics) fast paced mystery thriller about a "super geek", played by Ryan Phillippe, who takes a job with a "Microsoft" type tech company run by a "Bill Gates" type CEO, played by Tim Robbins, who will stop at nothing, including murder, to stop his competetion from small programmers. has a LOT of "plot twists" and suspense.

    I rate it    of three. it's on Cinemax channels about every night thru December 7th. IF you don't get Max, it's worth getting from Netflix I thought it was that good.

    also watched The Three Musketeers (2011). on Showtime. it's a pretty fast paced telling of the Alexandre Dumas classic with plenty of "swashbuckling sword play" and a "SciFi" angle to it with the da Vinci "war machine" airships. Gabriella Wilde is VERY tasty as D'Artagnan's love interest Constance in her first major movie role I thought it was more entertaining than earlier versions I have seen like the 1993 Disney production with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland. I would say out of three IF you like "classic" action movies.

    it's on the Showtime channels thru December 7th.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    just watched Antitrust (2001) on Cinemax. VERY good (and VERY under-rated by the critics) fast paced mystery thriller about a "super geek", played by Ryan Phillippe, who takes a job with a "Microsoft" type tech company run by a "Bill Gates" type CEO, played by Tim Robbins, who will stop at nothing, including murder, to stop his competetion from small programmers. has a LOT of "plot twists" and suspense.

    I rate it    of three. it's on Cinemax channels about every night thru December 7th. IF you don't get Max, it's worth getting from Netflix I thought it was that good.

    also watched The Three Musketeers (2011). on Showtime. it's a pretty fast paced telling of the Alexandre Dumas classic with plenty of "swashbuckling sword play" and a "SciFi" angle to it with the da Vinci "war machine" airships. Gabriella Wilde is VERY tasty as D'Artagnan's love interest Constance in her first major movie role I thought it was more entertaining than earlier versions I have seen like the 1993 Disney production with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland. I would say out of three IF you like "classic" action movies.

    it's on the Showtime channels thru December 7th.

     
    jsmiller
    jsmiller
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 4
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2012 - 11:04 AM ET #2

    yes great movie's
    Reply
    yes great movie's
     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16377
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2012 - 9:37 AM ET #3

    MIB3 - Josh? Brolin sounded exactly like Tommy Lee Jones's Agent K. I give it a

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoyV49FfjOU

    Reply

    MIB3 - Josh? Brolin sounded exactly like Tommy Lee Jones's Agent K. I give it a

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoyV49FfjOU

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2012 - 1:53 PM ET #4

    Collateral: Great movie w/ Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.  Cruise plays a hitman and Foxx is a taxi driver that carts Cruise to each assignment.  The movie is being played on HBO this month.  I strongly recommend.

    I give it 8 out of 10.

    Reply

    Collateral: Great movie w/ Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.  Cruise plays a hitman and Foxx is a taxi driver that carts Cruise to each assignment.  The movie is being played on HBO this month.  I strongly recommend.

    I give it 8 out of 10.

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2012 - 5:07 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Collateral: Great movie w/ Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.  Cruise plays a hitman and Foxx is a taxi driver that carts Cruise to each assignment.  The movie is being played on HBO this month.  I strongly recommend.

    I give it 8 out of 10.

    watched it a couple times. both Cruise and Foxx get a lot of crap from critics BUT they are BOTH excellent in this movie. LOTS of action and some pretty good "suspence". only complaint I had was I thought the ending was somewhat "lame"

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Collateral: Great movie w/ Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.  Cruise plays a hitman and Foxx is a taxi driver that carts Cruise to each assignment.  The movie is being played on HBO this month.  I strongly recommend.

    I give it 8 out of 10.

    watched it a couple times. both Cruise and Foxx get a lot of crap from critics BUT they are BOTH excellent in this movie. LOTS of action and some pretty good "suspence". only complaint I had was I thought the ending was somewhat "lame"

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2012 - 2:33 PM ET #6

    I completely agree LRR.  I was going to mention than but I didn't want to deter anyone from watching it as it's a pretty good movie.
    Reply
    I completely agree LRR.  I was going to mention than but I didn't want to deter anyone from watching it as it's a pretty good movie.
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 7, 2012 - 1:51 PM ET #7

    just happened to watch L.A. Confidential (1997) on Cinemax last night. VERY well acted "crime novel" mystery-thriller with Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe (in one of his first Hollywood films), Guy Pearce, James Cromwell, Danny DeVito and Kim Basinger (who won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Oscar in the year in the year where Titanic almost completely dominated)

    it's on Cinemax again Sunday Dec 9th, Monday Dec 10th and Wednesday Dec 12th. definate    and worth watching-recording IF you haven't seen it.

    Reply

    just happened to watch L.A. Confidential (1997) on Cinemax last night. VERY well acted "crime novel" mystery-thriller with Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe (in one of his first Hollywood films), Guy Pearce, James Cromwell, Danny DeVito and Kim Basinger (who won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Oscar in the year in the year where Titanic almost completely dominated)

    it's on Cinemax again Sunday Dec 9th, Monday Dec 10th and Wednesday Dec 12th. definate    and worth watching-recording IF you haven't seen it.

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2012 - 3:26 PM ET #8

    Ransom (1996) crime thriller with Mel Gibson, Rene Russo, and Gary Sinise. the first third somewhat "drags" as they set up the plot BUT the action and suspense picks up after that. Sinise a very good villian as the leader of the kidnap gang. has an excellent "plot twist" near the end and excellent action in the finale. I would say  IF you "page thru" the first half hour. probably fwould have made a good 90 minute movie instead of it's 2 hours.

     A Man Apart (2003) Vin Diesel action thriller "revenge" movie with "oodles of ordnance". it's your standard mindless "drug wars" non-stop "shoot 'em up" action movie. definately NOT boring BUT also with a "plot" that requires NO brain power what so ever.  IF you want something that will NOT tax the mind. it DOES have some VERY tasty "Chicas" in the early dance hall scenes.

    Reply

    Ransom (1996) crime thriller with Mel Gibson, Rene Russo, and Gary Sinise. the first third somewhat "drags" as they set up the plot BUT the action and suspense picks up after that. Sinise a very good villian as the leader of the kidnap gang. has an excellent "plot twist" near the end and excellent action in the finale. I would say  IF you "page thru" the first half hour. probably fwould have made a good 90 minute movie instead of it's 2 hours.

     A Man Apart (2003) Vin Diesel action thriller "revenge" movie with "oodles of ordnance". it's your standard mindless "drug wars" non-stop "shoot 'em up" action movie. definately NOT boring BUT also with a "plot" that requires NO brain power what so ever.  IF you want something that will NOT tax the mind. it DOES have some VERY tasty "Chicas" in the early dance hall scenes.

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2012 - 2:48 PM ET #9

    Supernova (2000) 90 minute non-stop SciFi action-thriller with James Spader and Angela Bassett. similar plot to the 1997 Laurence Fishburne, Sam Neill Event Horizon with elements of Prometheus (2012). critics threw rocks BUT I thought it had excellent suspense and action.Twilight Saga star Peter Facinelli is excellent as the psyco villian. thought that Vanessa Marshall as the voice of the wise-cracking ship computer "Sweetie" was good comic relief. hopefully it will re-run soon on the MGM-HD movie channel    

    CQ (2001) French produced tripe and a complete waste of DVR space. just happened to follow Supernova so I recorded it. BIG mistake. definately one of the WORST movies I have seen the last year. just plain STUPID. I'm suprised that Gerard Depardieu didn't BUY the movie and BURN it    

    Reply

    Supernova (2000) 90 minute non-stop SciFi action-thriller with James Spader and Angela Bassett. similar plot to the 1997 Laurence Fishburne, Sam Neill Event Horizon with elements of Prometheus (2012). critics threw rocks BUT I thought it had excellent suspense and action.Twilight Saga star Peter Facinelli is excellent as the psyco villian. thought that Vanessa Marshall as the voice of the wise-cracking ship computer "Sweetie" was good comic relief. hopefully it will re-run soon on the MGM-HD movie channel    

    CQ (2001) French produced tripe and a complete waste of DVR space. just happened to follow Supernova so I recorded it. BIG mistake. definately one of the WORST movies I have seen the last year. just plain STUPID. I'm suprised that Gerard Depardieu didn't BUY the movie and BURN it    

     
    OnlyGod
    OnlyGod
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5868
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2012 - 5:16 PM ET #10

    The campaign

    Will Ferrell is starting to reek of left wing hollywood ....

    Good movie without all the agenda undetones
    Reply
    The campaign

    Will Ferrell is starting to reek of left wing hollywood ....

    Good movie without all the agenda undetones
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2012 - 9:52 AM ET #11

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    Reply

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16377
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2012 - 9:56 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    Agreed never found him funny but very annoying  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    Agreed never found him funny but very annoying  

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2012 - 1:21 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    I thought Ferrell was pretty funny as George W Bush on SNL and in The Other Guys (2010) with Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes and Michael Keaton is one of the better comedies I have seen the last couple years BUT I will agree that most of his other stuff I have seen is annoying and NOT that funny.

    Supernova is on MGM-HD again Wednesday Dec 19th @ 7 pm pacific. Antitrust is on the Cinemax channels again almost daily thru the end of January. The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson is on Fox Movie channel Sunday Dec 16th @ 9 pm and Monday Dec 17th @ 2 pm pacific.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    I thought Ferrell was pretty funny as George W Bush on SNL and in The Other Guys (2010) with Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes and Michael Keaton is one of the better comedies I have seen the last couple years BUT I will agree that most of his other stuff I have seen is annoying and NOT that funny.

    Supernova is on MGM-HD again Wednesday Dec 19th @ 7 pm pacific. Antitrust is on the Cinemax channels again almost daily thru the end of January. The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson is on Fox Movie channel Sunday Dec 16th @ 9 pm and Monday Dec 17th @ 2 pm pacific.

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2012 - 1:55 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    I thought Ferrell was pretty funny as George W Bush on SNL and in The Other Guys (2010) with Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes and Michael Keaton is one of the better comedies I have seen the last couple years BUT I will agree that most of his other stuff I have seen is annoying and NOT that funny.

    Supernova is on MGM-HD again Wednesday Dec 19th @ 7 pm pacific. Antitrust is on the Cinemax channels again almost daily thru the end of January. The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson is on Fox Movie channel Sunday Dec 16th @ 9 pm and Monday Dec 17th @ 2 pm pacific.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    I don't understand how people find Will Ferrell funny.  He's such a douche

    I thought Ferrell was pretty funny as George W Bush on SNL and in The Other Guys (2010) with Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes and Michael Keaton is one of the better comedies I have seen the last couple years BUT I will agree that most of his other stuff I have seen is annoying and NOT that funny.

    Supernova is on MGM-HD again Wednesday Dec 19th @ 7 pm pacific. Antitrust is on the Cinemax channels again almost daily thru the end of January. The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson is on Fox Movie channel Sunday Dec 16th @ 9 pm and Monday Dec 17th @ 2 pm pacific.

     
    OnlyGod
    OnlyGod
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5868
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2012 - 9:33 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

    I thought Ferrell was pretty funny as George W Bush on SNL and in The Other Guys (2010) with Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes and Michael Keaton is one of the better comedies I have seen the last couple years BUT I will agree that most of his other stuff I have seen is annoying and NOT that funny.

    Supernova is on MGM-HD again Wednesday Dec 19th @ 7 pm pacific. Antitrust is on the Cinemax channels again almost daily thru the end of January. The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson is on Fox Movie channel Sunday Dec 16th @ 9 pm and Monday Dec 17th @ 2 pm pacific.



    The other guys is freaking hilarious I thought Mark Whalberg was actually funnier than Ferrel. Ive seen the departed was pretty good seen it a few times.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

    I thought Ferrell was pretty funny as George W Bush on SNL and in The Other Guys (2010) with Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes and Michael Keaton is one of the better comedies I have seen the last couple years BUT I will agree that most of his other stuff I have seen is annoying and NOT that funny.

    Supernova is on MGM-HD again Wednesday Dec 19th @ 7 pm pacific. Antitrust is on the Cinemax channels again almost daily thru the end of January. The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson is on Fox Movie channel Sunday Dec 16th @ 9 pm and Monday Dec 17th @ 2 pm pacific.



    The other guys is freaking hilarious I thought Mark Whalberg was actually funnier than Ferrel. Ive seen the departed was pretty good seen it a few times.
     
    jackjaffee
    jackjaffee
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 8856
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2012 - 10:30 PM ET #16

    The Grey on Netflix.  Started out alright, had a TV movie thing going at times.  I thought it fell apart badly in the last 20 minutes or so though.
    Reply
    The Grey on Netflix.  Started out alright, had a TV movie thing going at times.  I thought it fell apart badly in the last 20 minutes or so though.
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2012 - 5:12 PM ET #17

    War Horse (2011) from the trailers I figured it would be "Steven Spielberg Schmaltz" which it was to a certain extent BUT I found it well acted and the WWI scenes were kind of an All Quiet on the Western Front with horses. it is definately NOT a childerns movie. although it's rated PG-13, I think that some of the battle scenes and the cruelty to the horses depicted would give pre-teens nightmares.

    overall I would give it a   of three BUT Spielberg probably could have cut it to under 2 hours

    it's on the Showtime premium movie channels daily Monday Dec 17th thru Sunday Dec 23rd ex for Tuesday Dec 18th and Wednesday Dec 19th

    Reply

    War Horse (2011) from the trailers I figured it would be "Steven Spielberg Schmaltz" which it was to a certain extent BUT I found it well acted and the WWI scenes were kind of an All Quiet on the Western Front with horses. it is definately NOT a childerns movie. although it's rated PG-13, I think that some of the battle scenes and the cruelty to the horses depicted would give pre-teens nightmares.

    overall I would give it a   of three BUT Spielberg probably could have cut it to under 2 hours

    it's on the Showtime premium movie channels daily Monday Dec 17th thru Sunday Dec 23rd ex for Tuesday Dec 18th and Wednesday Dec 19th

     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2012 - 7:22 PM ET #18

    the hobbit was awesome
    Reply
    the hobbit was awesome
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2012 - 8:20 PM ET #19

    just saw a critic's write up of War Horse where he described it as "Anna Sewell's horse novel Black Beauty with Bullets". I would say that's pretty accurate

    Messier-11, does your  emoticon of The Hobbit indicate you really liked it or that it's typical over done Lord of the Rings tripe?

    Reply

    just saw a critic's write up of War Horse where he described it as "Anna Sewell's horse novel Black Beauty with Bullets". I would say that's pretty accurate

    Messier-11, does your  emoticon of The Hobbit indicate you really liked it or that it's typical over done Lord of the Rings tripe?

     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2012 - 1:33 AM ET #20

    no i really enjoyed seeing it in 3d. It starts off a little slow but it non stop action for the rest. I think it did the book justice so far
    Reply
    no i really enjoyed seeing it in 3d. It starts off a little slow but it non stop action for the rest. I think it did the book justice so far
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2012 - 2:58 AM ET #21

    Thanks, Mess

    The Help (2011) Best Picture Oscar nominee adapted from the 2009 Kathryn Stockett novel of the same name about the life of black maids in 1960's Jackson, Mississippi. Mrs wanted to see it and from trailers I thought it was just a "chick flick" BUT turned out to be a very compelling story with outstanding acting by Emma Stone, Viola Davis (Best Actress Oscar nominee), Octavia Spencer (Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner), Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain (Best Supporting Actress Oscar nominee) and Sissy Spacek. VERY funny in spots esp how some of the maids "get back" at their snooty "upper class twit" women employers.

    I would say    of three. it's on the Showtime channels again Sunday Dec 23rd and Monday Dec 24th

    Reply

    Thanks, Mess

    The Help (2011) Best Picture Oscar nominee adapted from the 2009 Kathryn Stockett novel of the same name about the life of black maids in 1960's Jackson, Mississippi. Mrs wanted to see it and from trailers I thought it was just a "chick flick" BUT turned out to be a very compelling story with outstanding acting by Emma Stone, Viola Davis (Best Actress Oscar nominee), Octavia Spencer (Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner), Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain (Best Supporting Actress Oscar nominee) and Sissy Spacek. VERY funny in spots esp how some of the maids "get back" at their snooty "upper class twit" women employers.

    I would say    of three. it's on the Showtime channels again Sunday Dec 23rd and Monday Dec 24th

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2012 - 3:38 PM ET #22

    two "oldie but goody" movies on premium movie channels Christmas week...

    John Grisham's The Rainmaker  (1997) excellent lawyer-courtroom drama directed by Francis Ford Coppola with Matt Damon in one of his early staring rolls. cast includes Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Jon Voight and Mickey Rourke. VERY well acted story. IF you want to know where the REAL "death panels" are in American healthcare, this is the movie.

    plays on the HBO Z channel Tuesday Dec 25th @ 6:30 am and 11:50 am pacific time

    Kill the Irishman (2011) crime drama about the 1970's mob war between Irish-American mob boss Danny Greene and the Cleveland Mafia. another VERY well acted story with Ray Stevenson as Danny Greene (he really LOOKED like Greene), Vincent D'Onofrio, Christopher Walken, Val Kilmer, Tony Lo Bianco, Paul Sorvino and Steve Schirripa. pretty much non-stop action

    plays on the Showtime channels Monday dec 24th @ 3:50 am and Wednesday Dec 26th @ 9:10 am and 5:10 pm pacific time

    I would rank both as    of three. definately worth recording IF you have never seen them.

    Reply

    two "oldie but goody" movies on premium movie channels Christmas week...

    John Grisham's The Rainmaker  (1997) excellent lawyer-courtroom drama directed by Francis Ford Coppola with Matt Damon in one of his early staring rolls. cast includes Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Jon Voight and Mickey Rourke. VERY well acted story. IF you want to know where the REAL "death panels" are in American healthcare, this is the movie.

    plays on the HBO Z channel Tuesday Dec 25th @ 6:30 am and 11:50 am pacific time

    Kill the Irishman (2011) crime drama about the 1970's mob war between Irish-American mob boss Danny Greene and the Cleveland Mafia. another VERY well acted story with Ray Stevenson as Danny Greene (he really LOOKED like Greene), Vincent D'Onofrio, Christopher Walken, Val Kilmer, Tony Lo Bianco, Paul Sorvino and Steve Schirripa. pretty much non-stop action

    plays on the Showtime channels Monday dec 24th @ 3:50 am and Wednesday Dec 26th @ 9:10 am and 5:10 pm pacific time

    I would rank both as    of three. definately worth recording IF you have never seen them.

     
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 23787
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2012 - 8:44 PM ET #23

    Ted - funny behind movie
    Reply
    Ted - funny behind movie
     
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Jaysvdubwhat
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 23787
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2012 - 1:54 AM ET #24

    MIB3 - was alright expected it to be a bit better

    Total Recall - pleasantly surprised action packed and was badass
    Reply
    MIB3 - was alright expected it to be a bit better

    Total Recall - pleasantly surprised action packed and was badass
     
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2012 - 8:37 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:

    MIB3 - was alright expected it to be a bit better

    Total Recall - pleasantly surprised action packed and was badass

    I know the first TR was a classic, but how does the new one match up to the original?  I don't know anyone who saw the new one and I don't want to waste 2 hrs if it happens to blow

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:

    MIB3 - was alright expected it to be a bit better

    Total Recall - pleasantly surprised action packed and was badass

    I know the first TR was a classic, but how does the new one match up to the original?  I don't know anyone who saw the new one and I don't want to waste 2 hrs if it happens to blow

    All Forums | Movies & Television
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,526
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,150
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,728
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,013
    • HELP PLEASE 1,605
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 507
    • Monday 09/28/2026 534
    • PART DEUX 230
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,144
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,242

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.