New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

? On my 5dimes 2020 MLB futures

Participants:
Views: 175

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

Hello all, looks like we will be getting MLB back in some fashion soon. I will be putting down some $ on a few long shots in the hopes of getting lucky like I did with Nats last year (will be on them again this year).

Anyone using 5 dimes know what their policy is on the over/under win totals we placed before season started? I may have a shot at a few of the unders I placed but no way any of my overs hit in a 60 game season :)

The wagers are still placed, have not been canceled. I cannot imagine them keeping them, they'd lose every gambler they have. I just wonder if they will cancel in time to use that money for new futures bets. I still have my Nats payday in my account (amazing, but no sports to spend it on), but I like seeing that in the balance and not spending it.

Unprecedented times, but maybe someone has seen something similar before. Will they wait until it is "officially official" before they do anything? Will they do nothing and just pocket the $?

BTW, I am looking at several teams not NYY and LAD for futures. Probably throw the Rays, Cards, Rockies in with Nats. If they give all $ back I will add a team for each over/under I had played.

Cheers,

Manowarfan1

Quote Post Report User

MVP
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

thats odd they kept them.....my " most HR " bets were all cancelled.  

Lamp

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Yeah, I would have thought when the season was delayed they would have just canceled all the season long bets/futures. Never seen this before, but then again, we haven't had to deal with a disruption like this before either.

Well, heading to Ocean City so I am not going to worry about it for a week or so, but I really would like to repurpose that money into some long odds World Series winners and see if I can get lightning to strike twice :)

Hail,

Manowarfan1

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

All my season win total bets got cancelled a couple days ago at another book.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

my local still has all my futures up but i don't have season win totals. all futures outside of win totals are listed as action and will be graded to what the MLB declares is the winner. 

No team is as good as it looks when winning nor are they as bad as they look when losing

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

ODB, are yours more like Series Winner, MVP, Batting Champ? I could see those staying up, though I wonder about the I,es that may be affected by short season/Covid. Ex: Ryan Zimmerman sitting out, would they refund that or say "it was his choice, bet stays on"? 

I saw espn listes new win totals and odds based on 60 game season. Some look pretty fun, especially after last years Nats Series miracle. Since I really think some things will be delayed, or further altered in other sports, these futures aren't tying up money for too long a time. If I hit another big one (i think the Nats we're 25:1 when I played them) shortly after football season starts (please, let that happen as planned), it will be great.

Just unloaded car from Ocean City, havent even checked 5 dimes or bovada for status on these, but will. I know I came out,of UFC fights with a nice +4.xx units based on results I saw next day.

Hope everybody has a good season, and that it goes as planned. I think if they hit a snag, they'll just say screw it, and cancel season.

Cheers,

Manowarfan1

Rookie
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

5 dimes canceled all my over/unders. Left my Nuggets to win NBA from before season, that is ok, I may add to that :)

Looking at sprinkling some,of the refunded money over a bunch of mid level longshots. No Dodgers or Yankees for me, but a bunch of the next tier, and a real long shot or two will be just fine :)

Cheers,

Manowarfan1

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo