It's great that Aldo is getting an opportunity for a mega fight like this. He's been the most under appreciated champion for a long time. I have Aldo by decision, but I can't wait for this fight.
It's great that Aldo is getting an opportunity for a mega fight like this. He's been the most under appreciated champion for a long time. I have Aldo by decision, but I can't wait for this fight.
It's great that Aldo is getting an opportunity for a mega fight like this. He's been the most under appreciated champion for a long time. I have Aldo by decision, but I can't wait for this fight.
I think aldo is gonna get hurt. should be a great fight
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
It's great that Aldo is getting an opportunity for a mega fight like this. He's been the most under appreciated champion for a long time. I have Aldo by decision, but I can't wait for this fight.
I think aldo is gonna get hurt. should be a great fight
It's great that Aldo is getting an opportunity for a mega fight like this. He's been the most under appreciated champion for a long time. I have Aldo by decision, but I can't wait for this fight.
I think aldo is gonna get hurt. should be a great fight
The biggest hurdle for Aldo is Conor being a southpaw. When you throw a strong (right) leg kick against an orthodox fighter, you can throw high (upper thigh), middle (right above the knee), or low (you hit your shin bone on his shin muscle on the outside). When you throw the same strike against a southpaw, when you throw high, you often hit cup (because you're aiming at the inner not outer thigh). When you aim middle, you often hit the point of the knee. When you aim low, it goes shin to shin. There's much less chance of success with the strike accuracy. Otherwise, you can land it at the end of a combo by stepping outside the front foot and having much more opportunity to land. I think Korean Zombie is the only southpaw Aldo has faced in the ufc.
On the other hand, Aldo has a large grappling advantage and a huge speed advantage. He also has a great way of avoiding damage. This will be McGregor's first 25 minute fight and he has a lot of talking to live up to (ahem, Chael - Hespect).
You're right - should be a great one.
Quote Originally Posted by PoleShiftTime:
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
It's great that Aldo is getting an opportunity for a mega fight like this. He's been the most under appreciated champion for a long time. I have Aldo by decision, but I can't wait for this fight.
I think aldo is gonna get hurt. should be a great fight
The biggest hurdle for Aldo is Conor being a southpaw. When you throw a strong (right) leg kick against an orthodox fighter, you can throw high (upper thigh), middle (right above the knee), or low (you hit your shin bone on his shin muscle on the outside). When you throw the same strike against a southpaw, when you throw high, you often hit cup (because you're aiming at the inner not outer thigh). When you aim middle, you often hit the point of the knee. When you aim low, it goes shin to shin. There's much less chance of success with the strike accuracy. Otherwise, you can land it at the end of a combo by stepping outside the front foot and having much more opportunity to land. I think Korean Zombie is the only southpaw Aldo has faced in the ufc.
On the other hand, Aldo has a large grappling advantage and a huge speed advantage. He also has a great way of avoiding damage. This will be McGregor's first 25 minute fight and he has a lot of talking to live up to (ahem, Chael - Hespect).
I think aldo is gonna get hurt. should be a great fight
The biggest hurdle for Aldo is Conor being a southpaw. When you throw a strong (right) leg kick against an orthodox fighter, you can throw high (upper thigh), middle (right above the knee), or low (you hit your shin bone on his shin muscle on the outside). When you throw the same strike against a southpaw, when you throw high, you often hit cup (because you're aiming at the inner not outer thigh). When you aim middle, you often hit the point of the knee. When you aim low, it goes shin to shin. There's much less chance of success with the strike accuracy. Otherwise, you can land it at the end of a combo by stepping outside the front foot and having much more opportunity to land. I think Korean Zombie is the only southpaw Aldo has faced in the ufc.
On the other hand, Aldo has a large grappling advantage and a huge speed advantage. He also has a great way of avoiding damage. This will be McGregor's first 25 minute fight and he has a lot of talking to live up to (ahem, Chael - Hespect).
You're right - should be a great one.
great summary
here is a great video you might appreciate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz0WEnTXwVo
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
I think aldo is gonna get hurt. should be a great fight
The biggest hurdle for Aldo is Conor being a southpaw. When you throw a strong (right) leg kick against an orthodox fighter, you can throw high (upper thigh), middle (right above the knee), or low (you hit your shin bone on his shin muscle on the outside). When you throw the same strike against a southpaw, when you throw high, you often hit cup (because you're aiming at the inner not outer thigh). When you aim middle, you often hit the point of the knee. When you aim low, it goes shin to shin. There's much less chance of success with the strike accuracy. Otherwise, you can land it at the end of a combo by stepping outside the front foot and having much more opportunity to land. I think Korean Zombie is the only southpaw Aldo has faced in the ufc.
On the other hand, Aldo has a large grappling advantage and a huge speed advantage. He also has a great way of avoiding damage. This will be McGregor's first 25 minute fight and he has a lot of talking to live up to (ahem, Chael - Hespect).
the Korean Zombie had Aldo(broken foot) in trouble in the 3rd round till he blew his shoulder out!!!!!! Aldo's cardio has gotten better but hasn't really dialed up leg kicks since the Zombie fight. Best punch to counter a southpaw and lord I know is the straight rand hand.
the Korean Zombie had Aldo(broken foot) in trouble in the 3rd round till he blew his shoulder out!!!!!! Aldo's cardio has gotten better but hasn't really dialed up leg kicks since the Zombie fight. Best punch to counter a southpaw and lord I know is the straight rand hand.
^^ that was an awesome video. It's crazy how diverse his attack is. Also, I've seen that Rogan video but it always surprises me!
I'm not sure if Zombie ever had him in trouble. Zombie threw a ton of volume and couldn't land and Jose landed basically every takedown he wanted. But you're right about the power hand being the best punch on both sides. Also, the power body/head kick.
^^ that was an awesome video. It's crazy how diverse his attack is. Also, I've seen that Rogan video but it always surprises me!
I'm not sure if Zombie ever had him in trouble. Zombie threw a ton of volume and couldn't land and Jose landed basically every takedown he wanted. But you're right about the power hand being the best punch on both sides. Also, the power body/head kick.