Just to put this out there, still going with Thatch, Pendred, and now Mendes instead of Aldo. I had been leaning towards Brown as well but the Dirty Bird is getting a lot of love on this site. Gunnar has his leans too but I gotta lotta faith in Thatch. Despite getting submitted by B. Henderson I don't worry so much about his ground game.
Just to put this out there, still going with Thatch, Pendred, and now Mendes instead of Aldo. I had been leaning towards Brown as well but the Dirty Bird is getting a lot of love on this site. Gunnar has his leans too but I gotta lotta faith in Thatch. Despite getting submitted by B. Henderson I don't worry so much about his ground game.
Wow. I can't really explain why I thought Pendred was a good bet. I must have had someone else in mind. I could find a guy off the street can throw better hands. His wrestling is ok, but against Howard I don't ththatink he can sacrifice taking shots coming in on a takedown. Just watched his last two fights and so often he gets TAGGED, then leans into an over under and get his takedown. I guess maybe he gets a submission but I see it more likely Howard gets a good shot and is able to finish. Nice thing about this Cathal fight is that he fought last just a month ago, so no way has he evolved much. I guess my biggest lean now is that this doesn't go the distance.
Wow. I can't really explain why I thought Pendred was a good bet. I must have had someone else in mind. I could find a guy off the street can throw better hands. His wrestling is ok, but against Howard I don't ththatink he can sacrifice taking shots coming in on a takedown. Just watched his last two fights and so often he gets TAGGED, then leans into an over under and get his takedown. I guess maybe he gets a submission but I see it more likely Howard gets a good shot and is able to finish. Nice thing about this Cathal fight is that he fought last just a month ago, so no way has he evolved much. I guess my biggest lean now is that this doesn't go the distance.
Howard is explosive in a bad situation on the mat and canny enough in clinch position. I believe his fight with Ryan LaFlare is instructive when looking at him against Cathal. Similar sizes and styles. I got a lot of respect for LaFlare and see him as one of the better wrestlers in the division; head and shoulders ahead of Pendred in every discipline, and Howard gave him a great fight in all areas. 24 hours ago I was going all in on Pendred, now I reallly really liike Howard.
Howard is explosive in a bad situation on the mat and canny enough in clinch position. I believe his fight with Ryan LaFlare is instructive when looking at him against Cathal. Similar sizes and styles. I got a lot of respect for LaFlare and see him as one of the better wrestlers in the division; head and shoulders ahead of Pendred in every discipline, and Howard gave him a great fight in all areas. 24 hours ago I was going all in on Pendred, now I reallly really liike Howard.