Silva vs Diaz Thought`s anyone ? Silva cleans him up after all his reconditioning or Diaz smashes his leg and beats him with it ? Thought`s will be appreciated thanks
Mr Evil.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Silva vs Diaz Thought`s anyone ? Silva cleans him up after all his reconditioning or Diaz smashes his leg and beats him with it ? Thought`s will be appreciated thanks
What's interesting about both Diaz bros is that they never really add any new wrinkles to their game. It's straight boxing (no kicks or checks), high volume, never get tired and out work everyone. Has Nick added anything in his lay off? I doubt it.
Even if this were a straight boxing match, I'd pick silva based on what we've seen in their careers. Given that Andy can clinch, kick and knee, Silva definitely.
Weidman is still pretty underrated for what he was able to do.
Silva, but the juice is too high for me.
What's interesting about both Diaz bros is that they never really add any new wrinkles to their game. It's straight boxing (no kicks or checks), high volume, never get tired and out work everyone. Has Nick added anything in his lay off? I doubt it.
Even if this were a straight boxing match, I'd pick silva based on what we've seen in their careers. Given that Andy can clinch, kick and knee, Silva definitely.
Weidman is still pretty underrated for what he was able to do.
Diaz is damn tough to KO. I think Paul Daley is the only guy to have ever knocked him down. I think Silva wins easily, but I'll be interested to see if he can put him away. It may end up with a Dr. stoppage or something like that. Nick is going to get kicked too.
Diaz is damn tough to KO. I think Paul Daley is the only guy to have ever knocked him down. I think Silva wins easily, but I'll be interested to see if he can put him away. It may end up with a Dr. stoppage or something like that. Nick is going to get kicked too.
can we talk about how al iaquinta is nearly a 2 to 1 favorite against joe lauzon. It makes no sense to me.
About +150 currently.
I think the line should be about a pick em, personally. I think it's more a reaction to what Al was able to do to Ross recently. Al will likely have the striking and wrestling advantages, meaning he can keep it on the feet. If it goes to the ground, Joe has a huge advantage, but I don't think it goes there.
I assume you really like Lauzon? How do you think it plays out?
Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:
can we talk about how al iaquinta is nearly a 2 to 1 favorite against joe lauzon. It makes no sense to me.
About +150 currently.
I think the line should be about a pick em, personally. I think it's more a reaction to what Al was able to do to Ross recently. Al will likely have the striking and wrestling advantages, meaning he can keep it on the feet. If it goes to the ground, Joe has a huge advantage, but I don't think it goes there.
I assume you really like Lauzon? How do you think it plays out?
Yes i love lauzon he's experienced and he's a beast on the ground I agree that iaquinta is nasty with strikes but I think lauzon will take him down and either get a submission or win a decision with top control.
Yes i love lauzon he's experienced and he's a beast on the ground I agree that iaquinta is nasty with strikes but I think lauzon will take him down and either get a submission or win a decision with top control.
I think I'll be going with Iaquinta. He's just a much better athlete and should have no problem neutralizing or even KO'ing Joe if he doesn't get stupid and go to the ground, which he has shown a tendency to do. At this point, Al is still improving fight to fight while Joe is not. I really haven't seen anything impressive from Joe in a good while. I really thought Chiesa was gonna put him away last fight if it wasn't stopped.
I think I'll be going with Iaquinta. He's just a much better athlete and should have no problem neutralizing or even KO'ing Joe if he doesn't get stupid and go to the ground, which he has shown a tendency to do. At this point, Al is still improving fight to fight while Joe is not. I really haven't seen anything impressive from Joe in a good while. I really thought Chiesa was gonna put him away last fight if it wasn't stopped.
What's interesting about both Diaz bros is that they never really add any new wrinkles to their game. It's straight boxing (no kicks or checks), high volume, never get tired and out work everyone.
I agree with both of these points. The high-volume Diaz style tends to collect points on the cards, so Anderson may need to finish Diaz. That, plus the fact that his only 5-round decisions in the UFC have resulted from an opponent running away from him for 5 rounds, makes Silva ITD the bet for me. If you can't find that prop, Silva to win at -300 would be a no-bet for me.
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
Silva, but the juice is too high for me.
What's interesting about both Diaz bros is that they never really add any new wrinkles to their game. It's straight boxing (no kicks or checks), high volume, never get tired and out work everyone.
I agree with both of these points. The high-volume Diaz style tends to collect points on the cards, so Anderson may need to finish Diaz. That, plus the fact that his only 5-round decisions in the UFC have resulted from an opponent running away from him for 5 rounds, makes Silva ITD the bet for me. If you can't find that prop, Silva to win at -300 would be a no-bet for me.
I think the line should be about a pick em, personally. I think it's more a reaction to what Al was able to do to Ross recently. Al will likely have the striking and wrestling advantages, meaning he can keep it on the feet. If it goes to the ground, Joe has a huge advantage, but I don't think it goes there.
I assume you really like Lauzon? How do you think it plays out?
Al should win this fight as it is going to be very, very hard for joe to take him down. No reason to me for Al to try and go to the ground. I think he knocks joe out to be honest.
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
About +150 currently.
I think the line should be about a pick em, personally. I think it's more a reaction to what Al was able to do to Ross recently. Al will likely have the striking and wrestling advantages, meaning he can keep it on the feet. If it goes to the ground, Joe has a huge advantage, but I don't think it goes there.
I assume you really like Lauzon? How do you think it plays out?
Al should win this fight as it is going to be very, very hard for joe to take him down. No reason to me for Al to try and go to the ground. I think he knocks joe out to be honest.