Posted:
#1
Every betting bone in my body tells me to lay off this one. BUT I am compelled to make a play. So my bet will be largely influenced by who I want to see win, not necessarily who I think will win.
Cormier ml +188
My main concern is Cormier's gas tank. A powerful, thick bodied guy may burn up a lot of energy in the 1st 3 rounds...and not have much left for rounds 4/5, should it get there. Jones is a lanky, athletic, freak with matrix like attacks and is a proven 5 round fighter. He's got spinning elbows, weird ass throws, leg kicks from a mile away....Cormier doesn't use his leg kicks (at least not much from what I see). So Jones will have the use of 4 limbs to attack as opposed to 2 from Cormier.
In the clinch, Jones compensates for his arm length by using his bony elbows. And his take down defense is good with his long body and legs that help with the sprawl. It wouldn't surprise me if Jones takes down Cormier. But I really hope that Cormier can use the Joe Frazier bully tactic to close the distance, then pound and throw down Jones.
I really want to see Cormier win. And so I will take him to make the experience more exciting for me.
Good luck all.
