• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 182

    Ferrari29
    OnTheO
    whipton
    sawman
    JimGunn
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1203
    Posts: 17
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 12:03 PM ET #1

    From the top boys: Jon "Bones" Jones(-170) 170 gets me 100.
    Under 4.5 Jones/Cormier fight, 1.15 gets me 1.
    Cerrone(-200), 4 gets me 2.
    Tavares(+110), 1 gets me 1.10.
    Under 1.5 Marquardt/Tavares fight, 5 gets me 7.75.
    Lombard(-700), 70 gets me 10.
    Under 1.5 Lombard/Burkman fight, 5 gets me 6.75.
    Felder(+180), 2 gets me 3.60.
    Garbrandt(+155), 1 gets me 1.55.
    Under 2.5 Brimage/Garbrandt fight, 1 gets me 1.
    Under 1.5 Jordan/Cannonier fight, 7.25 gets me 5.
    Akhmedov(-165), 3.30 gets me 2.
    Under 1.5 Akhmedov/Nilsson fight, 5 gets me 6.
    Late add on Horiguchi(-725), 7.25 gets me 1.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    From the top boys: Jon "Bones" Jones(-170) 170 gets me 100.
    Under 4.5 Jones/Cormier fight, 1.15 gets me 1.
    Cerrone(-200), 4 gets me 2.
    Tavares(+110), 1 gets me 1.10.
    Under 1.5 Marquardt/Tavares fight, 5 gets me 7.75.
    Lombard(-700), 70 gets me 10.
    Under 1.5 Lombard/Burkman fight, 5 gets me 6.75.
    Felder(+180), 2 gets me 3.60.
    Garbrandt(+155), 1 gets me 1.55.
    Under 2.5 Brimage/Garbrandt fight, 1 gets me 1.
    Under 1.5 Jordan/Cannonier fight, 7.25 gets me 5.
    Akhmedov(-165), 3.30 gets me 2.
    Under 1.5 Akhmedov/Nilsson fight, 5 gets me 6.
    Late add on Horiguchi(-725), 7.25 gets me 1.

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 12:14 PM ET #2

    $282.95 in action. Couple notes on a few plays: Last year I played every O/U(UNDER) at 1.5 for a dollar. What I found was a $4.55 profit. Not bad, not great but it has value to it. What I would tell people if they follow this trend is when their are about 5 or 6 fights at 1.5 tread carefully, it seems them night are full of 2-3 or 2-4 evenings. Also DOUBLE CHECK, maybe TRIPLE CHECK your sites about the 1.5 under play!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some guys have had issues with the it and I have your answer, YES I DO. Take the Faber/Rivera fight, Under 1.5 due to a injury, some sites consider that a loss, even though it's a win. One of my sites did the same, but are cool with the fact is was under, so it's a winner.
    Reply
    $282.95 in action. Couple notes on a few plays: Last year I played every O/U(UNDER) at 1.5 for a dollar. What I found was a $4.55 profit. Not bad, not great but it has value to it. What I would tell people if they follow this trend is when their are about 5 or 6 fights at 1.5 tread carefully, it seems them night are full of 2-3 or 2-4 evenings. Also DOUBLE CHECK, maybe TRIPLE CHECK your sites about the 1.5 under play!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some guys have had issues with the it and I have your answer, YES I DO. Take the Faber/Rivera fight, Under 1.5 due to a injury, some sites consider that a loss, even though it's a win. One of my sites did the same, but are cool with the fact is was under, so it's a winner.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 12:19 PM ET #3

    Got a ????????? for all MMA Covers guys. Has anybody done the draft kings UFC for 182?????? if you have let me know, I'm in a $12 pool and my 5 guys are Jones, Cerrone, Tavares, Felder, Garbrandt. It's very tough to get 5 guys in a 50,000 window but quite a fun way to gamble a different way. OK GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Got a ????????? for all MMA Covers guys. Has anybody done the draft kings UFC for 182?????? if you have let me know, I'm in a $12 pool and my 5 guys are Jones, Cerrone, Tavares, Felder, Garbrandt. It's very tough to get 5 guys in a 50,000 window but quite a fun way to gamble a different way. OK GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 12:24 PM ET #4

    Good luck. Never messed with draft kings. I've fooled around on kountermove, which is similar for mma only, but not so much anymore. Enjoy the fights!
    Reply
    Good luck. Never messed with draft kings. I've fooled around on kountermove, which is similar for mma only, but not so much anymore. Enjoy the fights!
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 12:36 PM ET #5

    Reply
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 2:08 PM ET #6

    Good luck
    Reply
    Good luck
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 2:27 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Got a ????????? for all MMA Covers guys. Has anybody done the draft kings UFC for 182?????? if you have let me know, I'm in a $12 pool and my 5 guys are Jones, Cerrone, Tavares, Felder, Garbrandt. It's very tough to get 5 guys in a 50,000 window but quite a fun way to gamble a different way. OK GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!


    I'm in nine different Kountermove free games with cash prizes and one Draft Kings game. It was a little harder to pick a good team on Draft Kings and the scoring rules are a little bit different than Kountermove, but hopefully I'll win at least one of them. The bigger Draft Kings paid games do have some really big payouts.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Got a ????????? for all MMA Covers guys. Has anybody done the draft kings UFC for 182?????? if you have let me know, I'm in a $12 pool and my 5 guys are Jones, Cerrone, Tavares, Felder, Garbrandt. It's very tough to get 5 guys in a 50,000 window but quite a fun way to gamble a different way. OK GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!


    I'm in nine different Kountermove free games with cash prizes and one Draft Kings game. It was a little harder to pick a good team on Draft Kings and the scoring rules are a little bit different than Kountermove, but hopefully I'll win at least one of them. The bigger Draft Kings paid games do have some really big payouts.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 3:30 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:



    I'm in nine different Kountermove free games with cash prizes and one Draft Kings game. It was a little harder to pick a good team on Draft Kings and the scoring rules are a little bit different than Kountermove, but hopefully I'll win at least one of them. The bigger Draft Kings paid games do have some really big payouts.


    from what i got out of draft kings Jim was you have to play underdogs and aggressive fighters. i got no problem doing that but ufc 182 don't have to many dogs plays to fit in the window.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:



    I'm in nine different Kountermove free games with cash prizes and one Draft Kings game. It was a little harder to pick a good team on Draft Kings and the scoring rules are a little bit different than Kountermove, but hopefully I'll win at least one of them. The bigger Draft Kings paid games do have some really big payouts.


    from what i got out of draft kings Jim was you have to play underdogs and aggressive fighters. i got no problem doing that but ufc 182 don't have to many dogs plays to fit in the window.
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 3:52 PM ET #9

    Reply
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2015 - 7:05 PM ET #10

    Getting off the Cerrone bet. Gonna eat a quarter but Jury(+125). 3 gets me 3.75.
    Reply
    Getting off the Cerrone bet. Gonna eat a quarter but Jury(+125). 3 gets me 3.75.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 11:56 AM ET #11

    Plus $106 on the night. I'll be back later for my review.
    Reply
    Plus $106 on the night. I'll be back later for my review.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 12:46 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Got a ????????? for all MMA Covers guys. Has anybody done the draft kings UFC for 182?????? if you have let me know, I'm in a $12 pool and my 5 guys are Jones, Cerrone, Tavares, Felder, Garbrandt. It's very tough to get 5 guys in a 50,000 window but quite a fun way to gamble a different way. OK GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!


    How did your draft kings contest go? In hindsight, those were some pretty dang good fighters to have, no?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Got a ????????? for all MMA Covers guys. Has anybody done the draft kings UFC for 182?????? if you have let me know, I'm in a $12 pool and my 5 guys are Jones, Cerrone, Tavares, Felder, Garbrandt. It's very tough to get 5 guys in a 50,000 window but quite a fun way to gamble a different way. OK GUYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!


    How did your draft kings contest go? In hindsight, those were some pretty dang good fighters to have, no?
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 5:51 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:



    How did your draft kings contest go? In hindsight, those were some pretty dang good fighters to have, no?


    5-0 finished tied for 20th!!!!!! Made about $45 after all was said and done. The difference between Top 5 and 20th was I had Cerrone and everybody in front of me had Jordan. Made another $100 at Hooters off the square Cormier bets, even though all 5 losers said Cormier won that fight.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:



    How did your draft kings contest go? In hindsight, those were some pretty dang good fighters to have, no?


    5-0 finished tied for 20th!!!!!! Made about $45 after all was said and done. The difference between Top 5 and 20th was I had Cerrone and everybody in front of me had Jordan. Made another $100 at Hooters off the square Cormier bets, even though all 5 losers said Cormier won that fight.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 6:03 PM ET #14

    OK guys here is my review, argue if you want: I was very impressed by Cormier, dang that guy is tough!!!!!!! I had the fight a solid 3-2 for Jones.
    Loved Cerrone kicking Jury in the azz at the end, GOSH I really hate Jury's fighting style, hopefully he never fights on a PPV again!!!!! Jury= very overrated 8th.
    Tavares won, big deal, Marquadt looked shot and Tavares was just trying to win, nothing more. I'll bet against him very soon!!!!!!!
    Not sure if Horiguchi is a Top 5 guy but he sure can beat up non Top 10 guys.
    Lombard with a workman's like bout, not sure how I feel about him though????
    Felder looked great(THANKS O), impressive might be a player at Lightweight. Maybe he can fight Jury and I can bet him again as a live dog!!!!!!!!
    Besides getting his balls bang twice, Garbrant looked OK, not sure about a blue chipper though????? His neck tatts looked wicked btw.
    Wanna give a shout out to SHARPSTICK for the Akhmedov bet,THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Reply
    OK guys here is my review, argue if you want: I was very impressed by Cormier, dang that guy is tough!!!!!!! I had the fight a solid 3-2 for Jones.
    Loved Cerrone kicking Jury in the azz at the end, GOSH I really hate Jury's fighting style, hopefully he never fights on a PPV again!!!!! Jury= very overrated 8th.
    Tavares won, big deal, Marquadt looked shot and Tavares was just trying to win, nothing more. I'll bet against him very soon!!!!!!!
    Not sure if Horiguchi is a Top 5 guy but he sure can beat up non Top 10 guys.
    Lombard with a workman's like bout, not sure how I feel about him though????
    Felder looked great(THANKS O), impressive might be a player at Lightweight. Maybe he can fight Jury and I can bet him again as a live dog!!!!!!!!
    Besides getting his balls bang twice, Garbrant looked OK, not sure about a blue chipper though????? His neck tatts looked wicked btw.
    Wanna give a shout out to SHARPSTICK for the Akhmedov bet,THANK YOU!!!!!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 7:21 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    5-0 finished tied for 20th!!!!!! Made about $45 after all was said and done. The difference between Top 5 and 20th was I had Cerrone and everybody in front of me had Jordan. Made another $100 at Hooters off the square Cormier bets, even though all 5 losers said Cormier won that fight.

    Nice. I bet Cormier, and I can't stand Jones.. but Jones won that fight. Rounds 1, 4, and 5 were clearly Jones, 2 was Cormier and 3 was close, but I leaned Jones. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    5-0 finished tied for 20th!!!!!! Made about $45 after all was said and done. The difference between Top 5 and 20th was I had Cerrone and everybody in front of me had Jordan. Made another $100 at Hooters off the square Cormier bets, even though all 5 losers said Cormier won that fight.

    Nice. I bet Cormier, and I can't stand Jones.. but Jones won that fight. Rounds 1, 4, and 5 were clearly Jones, 2 was Cormier and 3 was close, but I leaned Jones. 
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 7:52 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    OK guys here is my review, argue if you want: I was very impressed by Cormier, dang that guy is tough!!!!!!! I had the fight a solid 3-2 for Jones.
    Loved Cerrone kicking Jury in the azz at the end, GOSH I really hate Jury's fighting style, hopefully he never fights on a PPV again!!!!! Jury= very overrated 8th.
    Tavares won, big deal, Marquadt looked shot and Tavares was just trying to win, nothing more. I'll bet against him very soon!!!!!!!
    Not sure if Horiguchi is a Top 5 guy but he sure can beat up non Top 10 guys.
    Lombard with a workman's like bout, not sure how I feel about him though????
    Felder looked great(THANKS O), impressive might be a player at Lightweight. Maybe he can fight Jury and I can bet him again as a live dog!!!!!!!!
    Besides getting his balls bang twice, Garbrant looked OK, not sure about a blue chipper though????? His neck tatts looked wicked btw.
    Wanna give a shout out to SHARPSTICK for the Akhmedov bet,THANK YOU!!!!!!!

    Now, on to this. 

    Jury is young, was fighting a top 5 guy on one of the biggest PPV of all time. Dana said something along the lines of "once Jury lost the 1st round and lost the grappling battle, it messed with his head". I couldn't agree more. The kid knew he couldn't beat Cowboy in a striking battle. His first takedown landed him right in a triangle, which Cowboy transitioned quickly to an Omo, and eventually ended in Cowboy taking the back for the large portion of round 1. Jury knew if he had another round where Cowboy had his back, he would lose the fight 2-1. It messed with his entire game. I actually very much enjoyed the gamesmanship in this fight.

    I was hoping Marquardt would retire after the fight. Not to be a name dropper, but I've trained with him before.The guy is as good as gold, but it's time for him to hang them up. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cuts him and I hope he just calls it quits prior to that. He's still dangerous though, and Tavares knows this. I think Tavares wants to win - can't blame a guy for that. 

    In a division as shallow as fly, I can't wait to see Horiguchi challenge DJ or Dodson just to admire the speed available there. 

    Lombard will win almost every fight like that. But credit to Josh. He was doing anything possible to try to crack the man. I think Lombard will make it to the title eventually and will get there this way - by just dominating but never really finishing. I thought Burkman would be easy work, but he seemed content just winning 3 rounds.

    Felder looked good. Lightweight is a tough division for him though closer to the top. He has basically 0 ground (blue belt in BJJ). Anyone that can outstrike him technically will make a loooong night for him. I would be on Jury against him as well as Nate, Bobby, Edson, Jorge, etc. It's just a tough division for him 

    Garbrandt is the real deal. I'm most concerned with his chin. Brimage caught him a few times and he was staggered, but Marcus is no slouch either. It will be interesting to see where this guy goes. He really is good though - top 10 level at 135.

    Sharpstick did make a good call, basically called it perfectly. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    OK guys here is my review, argue if you want: I was very impressed by Cormier, dang that guy is tough!!!!!!! I had the fight a solid 3-2 for Jones.
    Loved Cerrone kicking Jury in the azz at the end, GOSH I really hate Jury's fighting style, hopefully he never fights on a PPV again!!!!! Jury= very overrated 8th.
    Tavares won, big deal, Marquadt looked shot and Tavares was just trying to win, nothing more. I'll bet against him very soon!!!!!!!
    Not sure if Horiguchi is a Top 5 guy but he sure can beat up non Top 10 guys.
    Lombard with a workman's like bout, not sure how I feel about him though????
    Felder looked great(THANKS O), impressive might be a player at Lightweight. Maybe he can fight Jury and I can bet him again as a live dog!!!!!!!!
    Besides getting his balls bang twice, Garbrant looked OK, not sure about a blue chipper though????? His neck tatts looked wicked btw.
    Wanna give a shout out to SHARPSTICK for the Akhmedov bet,THANK YOU!!!!!!!

    Now, on to this. 

    Jury is young, was fighting a top 5 guy on one of the biggest PPV of all time. Dana said something along the lines of "once Jury lost the 1st round and lost the grappling battle, it messed with his head". I couldn't agree more. The kid knew he couldn't beat Cowboy in a striking battle. His first takedown landed him right in a triangle, which Cowboy transitioned quickly to an Omo, and eventually ended in Cowboy taking the back for the large portion of round 1. Jury knew if he had another round where Cowboy had his back, he would lose the fight 2-1. It messed with his entire game. I actually very much enjoyed the gamesmanship in this fight.

    I was hoping Marquardt would retire after the fight. Not to be a name dropper, but I've trained with him before.The guy is as good as gold, but it's time for him to hang them up. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cuts him and I hope he just calls it quits prior to that. He's still dangerous though, and Tavares knows this. I think Tavares wants to win - can't blame a guy for that. 

    In a division as shallow as fly, I can't wait to see Horiguchi challenge DJ or Dodson just to admire the speed available there. 

    Lombard will win almost every fight like that. But credit to Josh. He was doing anything possible to try to crack the man. I think Lombard will make it to the title eventually and will get there this way - by just dominating but never really finishing. I thought Burkman would be easy work, but he seemed content just winning 3 rounds.

    Felder looked good. Lightweight is a tough division for him though closer to the top. He has basically 0 ground (blue belt in BJJ). Anyone that can outstrike him technically will make a loooong night for him. I would be on Jury against him as well as Nate, Bobby, Edson, Jorge, etc. It's just a tough division for him 

    Garbrandt is the real deal. I'm most concerned with his chin. Brimage caught him a few times and he was staggered, but Marcus is no slouch either. It will be interesting to see where this guy goes. He really is good though - top 10 level at 135.

    Sharpstick did make a good call, basically called it perfectly. 
     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2015 - 8:57 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:


    Now, on to this. 

    Jury is young, was fighting a top 5 guy on one of the biggest PPV of all time. Dana said something along the lines of "once Jury lost the 1st round and lost the grappling battle, it messed with his head". I couldn't agree more. The kid knew he couldn't beat Cowboy in a striking battle. His first takedown landed him right in a triangle, which Cowboy transitioned quickly to an Omo, and eventually ended in Cowboy taking the back for the large portion of round 1. Jury knew if he had another round where Cowboy had his back, he would lose the fight 2-1. It messed with his entire game. I actually very much enjoyed the gamesmanship in this fight.

    I was hoping Marquardt would retire after the fight. Not to be a name dropper, but I've trained with him before.The guy is as good as gold, but it's time for him to hang them up. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cuts him and I hope he just calls it quits prior to that. He's still dangerous though, and Tavares knows this. I think Tavares wants to win - can't blame a guy for that. 

    In a division as shallow as fly, I can't wait to see Horiguchi challenge DJ or Dodson just to admire the speed available there. 

    Lombard will win almost every fight like that. But credit to Josh. He was doing anything possible to try to crack the man. I think Lombard will make it to the title eventually and will get there this way - by just dominating but never really finishing. I thought Burkman would be easy work, but he seemed content just winning 3 rounds.

    Felder looked good. Lightweight is a tough division for him though closer to the top. He has basically 0 ground (blue belt in BJJ). Anyone that can outstrike him technically will make a loooong night for him. I would be on Jury against him as well as Nate, Bobby, Edson, Jorge, etc. It's just a tough division for him 

    Garbrandt is the real deal. I'm most concerned with his chin. Brimage caught him a few times and he was staggered, but Marcus is no slouch either. It will be interesting to see where this guy goes. He really is good though - top 10 level at 135.

    Sharpstick did make a good call, basically called it perfectly. 


    Too bad you hate Jones that much, but well understood, I have many and I can add Jury to that list, lol. I like Marquardt too, seems like a good guy, too bad Tavares was looking for a win and not a finish, 3rd round was for the taking. There are a few guys before Horiguchi gets to DJ or Dobson, besides DJ that division is brutal!!!!!! Totally agree about Lombard, why sign a guy, a nice vet and throw him into a buzzsaw like Lombard, just awful. Felder could pull the poor man Pettis and defend and strike, he's probably a Top 15 guy but is Jury a Top 10 guy???? Garbrandt career should be interesting.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:


    Now, on to this. 

    Jury is young, was fighting a top 5 guy on one of the biggest PPV of all time. Dana said something along the lines of "once Jury lost the 1st round and lost the grappling battle, it messed with his head". I couldn't agree more. The kid knew he couldn't beat Cowboy in a striking battle. His first takedown landed him right in a triangle, which Cowboy transitioned quickly to an Omo, and eventually ended in Cowboy taking the back for the large portion of round 1. Jury knew if he had another round where Cowboy had his back, he would lose the fight 2-1. It messed with his entire game. I actually very much enjoyed the gamesmanship in this fight.

    I was hoping Marquardt would retire after the fight. Not to be a name dropper, but I've trained with him before.The guy is as good as gold, but it's time for him to hang them up. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC cuts him and I hope he just calls it quits prior to that. He's still dangerous though, and Tavares knows this. I think Tavares wants to win - can't blame a guy for that. 

    In a division as shallow as fly, I can't wait to see Horiguchi challenge DJ or Dodson just to admire the speed available there. 

    Lombard will win almost every fight like that. But credit to Josh. He was doing anything possible to try to crack the man. I think Lombard will make it to the title eventually and will get there this way - by just dominating but never really finishing. I thought Burkman would be easy work, but he seemed content just winning 3 rounds.

    Felder looked good. Lightweight is a tough division for him though closer to the top. He has basically 0 ground (blue belt in BJJ). Anyone that can outstrike him technically will make a loooong night for him. I would be on Jury against him as well as Nate, Bobby, Edson, Jorge, etc. It's just a tough division for him 

    Garbrandt is the real deal. I'm most concerned with his chin. Brimage caught him a few times and he was staggered, but Marcus is no slouch either. It will be interesting to see where this guy goes. He really is good though - top 10 level at 135.

    Sharpstick did make a good call, basically called it perfectly. 


    Too bad you hate Jones that much, but well understood, I have many and I can add Jury to that list, lol. I like Marquardt too, seems like a good guy, too bad Tavares was looking for a win and not a finish, 3rd round was for the taking. There are a few guys before Horiguchi gets to DJ or Dobson, besides DJ that division is brutal!!!!!! Totally agree about Lombard, why sign a guy, a nice vet and throw him into a buzzsaw like Lombard, just awful. Felder could pull the poor man Pettis and defend and strike, he's probably a Top 15 guy but is Jury a Top 10 guy???? Garbrandt career should be interesting.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,280
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,462
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,668
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,142
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.