Posted:
#1
14-8 +10.2 posted
Holy crap there's a lot going on this coming weekend and I can't wait to enjoy some fights. I'll post leans in here again throughout the week. I appreciate anyone's input whether we agree or not. Some of you guys have definitely saved me from my leans by bringing up info I had overlooked, so a big thank you for that.
First leans:
Ricardo Lamas +130 over Bermudez
I love Bermudez. I've never seen a boring Bermudez fight and his fight with Grice is one my top ten favorites (if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor), but this is a bad match-up. The UFC must hate him. Lamas is a much more technical striker, has been in there with the best fighter on the planet, and is a good enough wrestler and scrambler to give "the menace" fits.
Kelvin Gastelum -190 over Jake Ellenberger
I see Kelvin as an eventual title contender. If you watched the tuf season he was on, he was the last pick on the show. He ended up beating Uriah Hall in the finale at 185 at 22 years old. Now he fights at welter and he's a big kid. He's a great grappler and his striking improvements have really impressed me lately as well. I see Jake as a guy who has fell in love with his own power lately and he has a habit of waiting for that one shot. I think Kelvin outclasses him everywhere.
As lines come up, I'll post other leans as the week moves on. GL guys.
Holy crap there's a lot going on this coming weekend and I can't wait to enjoy some fights. I'll post leans in here again throughout the week. I appreciate anyone's input whether we agree or not. Some of you guys have definitely saved me from my leans by bringing up info I had overlooked, so a big thank you for that.
First leans:
Ricardo Lamas +130 over Bermudez
I love Bermudez. I've never seen a boring Bermudez fight and his fight with Grice is one my top ten favorites (if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor), but this is a bad match-up. The UFC must hate him. Lamas is a much more technical striker, has been in there with the best fighter on the planet, and is a good enough wrestler and scrambler to give "the menace" fits.
Kelvin Gastelum -190 over Jake Ellenberger
I see Kelvin as an eventual title contender. If you watched the tuf season he was on, he was the last pick on the show. He ended up beating Uriah Hall in the finale at 185 at 22 years old. Now he fights at welter and he's a big kid. He's a great grappler and his striking improvements have really impressed me lately as well. I see Jake as a guy who has fell in love with his own power lately and he has a habit of waiting for that one shot. I think Kelvin outclasses him everywhere.
As lines come up, I'll post other leans as the week moves on. GL guys.
