I'm on Green and Stinson, so against your Figueroa play. Why do you like Portela and Thompson? I haven't had a chance to watch video on them yet.
I like Green as well but the line has dropped considerably today and is still too high for my liking. My gut is telling me to stay away from this fight but I still might make a play on Green later depending on how the line moves.
I like Thompson more as a fade of Hasegawa than anything else. The guy fought nothing but cupcakes on the Japanese circuit and is dropping down a weight class and fighting in North America for the first time. Based on my research, he has terrible cardio at heavyweight so dropping down a weight class and travel probably won't help there. If this fight goes more than one round, he will have no chance of winning this fight.
I'll give you my thoughts on the other fight in a little while. I have to step out at the moment.
Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:
I'm on Green and Stinson, so against your Figueroa play. Why do you like Portela and Thompson? I haven't had a chance to watch video on them yet.
I like Green as well but the line has dropped considerably today and is still too high for my liking. My gut is telling me to stay away from this fight but I still might make a play on Green later depending on how the line moves.
I like Thompson more as a fade of Hasegawa than anything else. The guy fought nothing but cupcakes on the Japanese circuit and is dropping down a weight class and fighting in North America for the first time. Based on my research, he has terrible cardio at heavyweight so dropping down a weight class and travel probably won't help there. If this fight goes more than one round, he will have no chance of winning this fight.
I'll give you my thoughts on the other fight in a little while. I have to step out at the moment.
I definitely bet Green too early and got a lousy line on it. -280 sucks now that he is down to -192.
It's back to -230 at pinnacle.
As for the Portela fight, it's a bit of a coin flip. Portela will want to take the fight to the ground and work his submission game. I think he does have an advantage if he can get it there. If not, Hassan will probably win.
Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:
I definitely bet Green too early and got a lousy line on it. -280 sucks now that he is down to -192.
It's back to -230 at pinnacle.
As for the Portela fight, it's a bit of a coin flip. Portela will want to take the fight to the ground and work his submission game. I think he does have an advantage if he can get it there. If not, Hassan will probably win.