So when "THE GOAT" was on last night, I felt it was a good time for a smoke break!!!!! So let me get this straight he beats Siver, title shot????? I know Aldo has beat Edgar, Lamas, and Mendes twice but this guy jumps all of them, hmm. Now i know he will put tushy's in the seats but why would Aldo have to go to Ireland????? Why not have THE GOAT go to Brazil and sell out one of their stadiums????
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
So when "THE GOAT" was on last night, I felt it was a good time for a smoke break!!!!! So let me get this straight he beats Siver, title shot????? I know Aldo has beat Edgar, Lamas, and Mendes twice but this guy jumps all of them, hmm. Now i know he will put tushy's in the seats but why would Aldo have to go to Ireland????? Why not have THE GOAT go to Brazil and sell out one of their stadiums????
It's best for Aldo too. He's not the best at selling himself and this will be the biggest fight he's ever had. This is his chance to make money and notoriety. It will be bigger if he fights in Ireland than in Brazil. Sell out the biggest soccer stadium they have and if he loses, regardless of how, demand the rematch in Brazil. Aldo is stupid if he doesn't fight this one in Brazil. He goes into Dana's office and says "I think it should be in Brazil". Dana says " I want it in Ireland". Aldo says " how much money will it take for me to fight in Ireland?" Make the most possible - it's good for everyone.
It's best for Aldo too. He's not the best at selling himself and this will be the biggest fight he's ever had. This is his chance to make money and notoriety. It will be bigger if he fights in Ireland than in Brazil. Sell out the biggest soccer stadium they have and if he loses, regardless of how, demand the rematch in Brazil. Aldo is stupid if he doesn't fight this one in Brazil. He goes into Dana's office and says "I think it should be in Brazil". Dana says " I want it in Ireland". Aldo says " how much money will it take for me to fight in Ireland?" Make the most possible - it's good for everyone.
Assuming Conor gets past Siver of course, this title fight is a bigger fight in Ireland. Aldo should use it as a negotiating tactic and ask for a lot of extra show money or so-called locker room bonus for the inconvenience of traveling to Ireland to defend his belt. Win-win for everyone.
Assuming Conor gets past Siver of course, this title fight is a bigger fight in Ireland. Aldo should use it as a negotiating tactic and ask for a lot of extra show money or so-called locker room bonus for the inconvenience of traveling to Ireland to defend his belt. Win-win for everyone.
Featherweight is just such a hard division to matchmake. Bermudez on a roll, beat by Lamas. Cub on a roll, beat by Frankie. Both winners beaten by Aldo. Then you have Mendes up there who's lost twice to the champ.
Who do you put McGregor up against and avoid another contender eliminated? There really isn't a guy. Add to that, Aldo, Lamas, Frankie and Mendes don't do the best at selling.
In a perfect world, they'd do Frankie vs McGregor now and the winner gets Aldo. But if that's Frankie, that fight probably couldn't be a PPV main event. It'd have to be a Fox ME or a co-main on a mega show in today's model.
Featherweight is just such a hard division to matchmake. Bermudez on a roll, beat by Lamas. Cub on a roll, beat by Frankie. Both winners beaten by Aldo. Then you have Mendes up there who's lost twice to the champ.
Who do you put McGregor up against and avoid another contender eliminated? There really isn't a guy. Add to that, Aldo, Lamas, Frankie and Mendes don't do the best at selling.
In a perfect world, they'd do Frankie vs McGregor now and the winner gets Aldo. But if that's Frankie, that fight probably couldn't be a PPV main event. It'd have to be a Fox ME or a co-main on a mega show in today's model.
If its all about selling tickets, re sign Tito then. Its bad enough they are trying to sell a PPV with 2 guys who haven't won a fight in 2 years. Like Pettis/Dos Anjos won't be a big seller. Look at the undercard of the Jones/Cormier, BRUTAL!!! Thank goodness I got a Hooters or Wild Wings by me because I'm not buying WOLF tickets, lol.
If its all about selling tickets, re sign Tito then. Its bad enough they are trying to sell a PPV with 2 guys who haven't won a fight in 2 years. Like Pettis/Dos Anjos won't be a big seller. Look at the undercard of the Jones/Cormier, BRUTAL!!! Thank goodness I got a Hooters or Wild Wings by me because I'm not buying WOLF tickets, lol.
If its all about selling tickets, re sign Tito then. Its bad enough they are trying to sell a PPV with 2 guys who haven't won a fight in 2 years. Like Pettis/Dos Anjos won't be a big seller. Look at the undercard of the Jones/Cormier, BRUTAL!!! Thank goodness I got a Hooters or Wild Wings by me because I'm not buying WOLF tickets, lol.
Right on cue Dana White announces if Silva beats a marginial top ten welterweight at middleweight, he gets a title shot!!!!!!! Too bad Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, and Romero. NOW I KNOW WHERE JON JONES GOT HIS TOOKIE FROM!!!!!!
Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:
If its all about selling tickets, re sign Tito then. Its bad enough they are trying to sell a PPV with 2 guys who haven't won a fight in 2 years. Like Pettis/Dos Anjos won't be a big seller. Look at the undercard of the Jones/Cormier, BRUTAL!!! Thank goodness I got a Hooters or Wild Wings by me because I'm not buying WOLF tickets, lol.
Right on cue Dana White announces if Silva beats a marginial top ten welterweight at middleweight, he gets a title shot!!!!!!! Too bad Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, and Romero. NOW I KNOW WHERE JON JONES GOT HIS TOOKIE FROM!!!!!!
If its all about selling tickets, re sign Tito then. Its bad enough they are trying to sell a PPV with 2 guys who haven't won a fight in 2 years. Like Pettis/Dos Anjos won't be a big seller. Look at the undercard of the Jones/Cormier, BRUTAL!!! Thank goodness I got a Hooters or Wild Wings by me because I'm not buying WOLF tickets, lol.
Right on cue Dana White announces if Silva beats a marginial top ten welterweight at middleweight, he gets a title shot!!!!!!! Too bad Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, and Romero. NOW I KNOW WHERE JON JONES GOT HIS TOOKIE FROM!!!!!!
Dana isn't really in charge of that. He's just selling the Andy-Diaz fight to the consumer who wants a title in his PPV. But, should Andy and Vitor both win, I imagine they do that rematch - so he's not technically lying. If Weidman and Andy win, they won't do that fight again - at least not yet. If anyone in this sport deserves a 3rd crack at the same guy, though, it's Silva. Most dominant champ of the last decade. Considering he'd be "screwing" over two of his buddies - Machida and Jacare - there wouldn't be much backlash from the fighters.
Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:
Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:
If its all about selling tickets, re sign Tito then. Its bad enough they are trying to sell a PPV with 2 guys who haven't won a fight in 2 years. Like Pettis/Dos Anjos won't be a big seller. Look at the undercard of the Jones/Cormier, BRUTAL!!! Thank goodness I got a Hooters or Wild Wings by me because I'm not buying WOLF tickets, lol.
Right on cue Dana White announces if Silva beats a marginial top ten welterweight at middleweight, he gets a title shot!!!!!!! Too bad Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, and Romero. NOW I KNOW WHERE JON JONES GOT HIS TOOKIE FROM!!!!!!
Dana isn't really in charge of that. He's just selling the Andy-Diaz fight to the consumer who wants a title in his PPV. But, should Andy and Vitor both win, I imagine they do that rematch - so he's not technically lying. If Weidman and Andy win, they won't do that fight again - at least not yet. If anyone in this sport deserves a 3rd crack at the same guy, though, it's Silva. Most dominant champ of the last decade. Considering he'd be "screwing" over two of his buddies - Machida and Jacare - there wouldn't be much backlash from the fighters.
I'd be dominant too if I fought tomato cans!!! Trust me they will do a Silva/Weidman if they both win.
Haha...wow. I'm sure you know. Rory was promised a title shot recently too. So was Khabib. So was Gus. So was Tyron after the win over Carlos. So was Cub. What he says doesn't mean much. What means the most is what will sell - what people want to see.
Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:
I'd be dominant too if I fought tomato cans!!! Trust me they will do a Silva/Weidman if they both win.
Haha...wow. I'm sure you know. Rory was promised a title shot recently too. So was Khabib. So was Gus. So was Tyron after the win over Carlos. So was Cub. What he says doesn't mean much. What means the most is what will sell - what people want to see.
Lol O you like that. I'd rather see Rory/ Lawlor, the a trilogy even though I like Lawlor and Johny better. Khabib has a bad knee. Gus got screwed. Cub got beat. Woodley won't ever sniff a bet!!! I mean if people wanna see Weidman beat up their mma hero, go ahead easy money kinda like Cain/JDS the last 2 times!!!
Lol O you like that. I'd rather see Rory/ Lawlor, the a trilogy even though I like Lawlor and Johny better. Khabib has a bad knee. Gus got screwed. Cub got beat. Woodley won't ever sniff a bet!!! I mean if people wanna see Weidman beat up their mma hero, go ahead easy money kinda like Cain/JDS the last 2 times!!!
I think the ufc his going in the wrong direction. Robbie lawler vs johny hendricks for the 3rd time in a row for the belt his pure insanity.When their 3rd fight his over , no one else will have gotten a shot at the belt for almost 2 years IF the champion does not get injured.It puts the whole division on hold . And honestly i have seen what i needed to see from those 2 fighting each other for a while. But i was really looking foward to lawler vs rory rematch.
I think the ufc his going in the wrong direction. Robbie lawler vs johny hendricks for the 3rd time in a row for the belt his pure insanity.When their 3rd fight his over , no one else will have gotten a shot at the belt for almost 2 years IF the champion does not get injured.It puts the whole division on hold . And honestly i have seen what i needed to see from those 2 fighting each other for a while. But i was really looking foward to lawler vs rory rematch.
I think the ufc his going in the wrong direction. Robbie lawler vs johny hendricks for the 3rd time in a row for the belt his pure insanity.When their 3rd fight his over , no one else will have gotten a shot at the belt for almost 2 years IF the champion does not get injured.It puts the whole division on hold . And honestly i have seen what i needed to see from those 2 fighting each other for a while. But i was really looking foward to lawler vs rory rematch.
GSP wants to come back I imagine. They'll want him to fight for the title and the negotiation will be next to impossible with Rory as champ.
Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:
I think the ufc his going in the wrong direction. Robbie lawler vs johny hendricks for the 3rd time in a row for the belt his pure insanity.When their 3rd fight his over , no one else will have gotten a shot at the belt for almost 2 years IF the champion does not get injured.It puts the whole division on hold . And honestly i have seen what i needed to see from those 2 fighting each other for a while. But i was really looking foward to lawler vs rory rematch.
GSP wants to come back I imagine. They'll want him to fight for the title and the negotiation will be next to impossible with Rory as champ.
Re: Lawler/Hendricks 3.... Does every close title fight have to have a rematch? I hate that.
Re: Connor hype... I read a blurb that said after a horrible PPV (2014) year, they will do more "show" than "sport". The UFC has always been wonky on who gets title shots (I think Vitor got one at 185 having never fought at 185 in UFC, to name one), and it will probably only get worse.
Re: Lawler/Hendricks 3.... Does every close title fight have to have a rematch? I hate that.
Re: Connor hype... I read a blurb that said after a horrible PPV (2014) year, they will do more "show" than "sport". The UFC has always been wonky on who gets title shots (I think Vitor got one at 185 having never fought at 185 in UFC, to name one), and it will probably only get worse.
I live near montreal and i know friends of gsp ( nothing his set in stone ) but from what i heard, he would be more interested in super fights and would not want to steal rory's chance at the belt. so he would either decline the title fight straight up or win it back ( just to prove a poiint ) and leave it. afterwards.
I live near montreal and i know friends of gsp ( nothing his set in stone ) but from what i heard, he would be more interested in super fights and would not want to steal rory's chance at the belt. so he would either decline the title fight straight up or win it back ( just to prove a poiint ) and leave it. afterwards.
I live near montreal and i know friends of gsp ( nothing his set in stone ) but from what i heard, he would be more interested in super fights and would not want to steal rory's chance at the belt. so he would either decline the title fight straight up or win it back ( just to prove a poiint ) and leave it. afterwards.
I'd rather see a Silva/GSP superfight then Weidman/Silva 3.
Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:
I live near montreal and i know friends of gsp ( nothing his set in stone ) but from what i heard, he would be more interested in super fights and would not want to steal rory's chance at the belt. so he would either decline the title fight straight up or win it back ( just to prove a poiint ) and leave it. afterwards.
I'd rather see a Silva/GSP superfight then Weidman/Silva 3.