Lawler has already beat him. He has better striking, except for the quick jab perhaps. Lawler has beat a better wrestler, in Hendricks, who has more power. Lawler has decent wrestling himself....
Rory may win, but I'm surprised how lopsided the line is
It has to be close to a pick em I would think.
Lawler has already beat him. He has better striking, except for the quick jab perhaps. Lawler has beat a better wrestler, in Hendricks, who has more power. Lawler has decent wrestling himself....
Rory may win, but I'm surprised how lopsided the line is
The opening line is actually quite lower than I was expecting. Rory went off -360 the first fight.
If I remember correctly, it was a horrendous Mario Yamasaki standup with Rory in top control that essentially lost the fight for Rory. As Robbie went on to control the last of the third round and win it.
The opening line is actually quite lower than I was expecting. Rory went off -360 the first fight.
If I remember correctly, it was a horrendous Mario Yamasaki standup with Rory in top control that essentially lost the fight for Rory. As Robbie went on to control the last of the third round and win it.
I can see rory winning this, be would of beat Condit if it didnt get stopped. He learns every fight. The UFC purposely set this up, the Lawyer Hendricks fight was pretty even but they knew if Rory fought Hendricks he would probably die in the ring..Hendricks beat GSP convincingly what you think he gonna do to Baby GSP...
smart move by the UFC. then when RORY wins Hendricks can smash him and get his title back.
I can see rory winning this, be would of beat Condit if it didnt get stopped. He learns every fight. The UFC purposely set this up, the Lawyer Hendricks fight was pretty even but they knew if Rory fought Hendricks he would probably die in the ring..Hendricks beat GSP convincingly what you think he gonna do to Baby GSP...
smart move by the UFC. then when RORY wins Hendricks can smash him and get his title back.
Another factor is that Rory has never been past 3rd round. Robbie has been 5 full in 3 of the last 4. And he has not tired, in fact has shown his best work late in fights.
Just playing the devil's advocate for this line.
Lawler shocked a lot of people with his first fight with Rory. Not many thought he would be champ at that time. Sharp, I don't recall the standup, but I do recall it being very close, could have been awarded to either guy. I DO recall Rory being discouraged.
As far as the Hendricks factor goes, I wonder if he has a future at 170. He seems way too short for 185 but it's apparent that the weight cuts are not working for him. Let's see how he makes out on the scales this time around with Brown
Another factor is that Rory has never been past 3rd round. Robbie has been 5 full in 3 of the last 4. And he has not tired, in fact has shown his best work late in fights.
Just playing the devil's advocate for this line.
Lawler shocked a lot of people with his first fight with Rory. Not many thought he would be champ at that time. Sharp, I don't recall the standup, but I do recall it being very close, could have been awarded to either guy. I DO recall Rory being discouraged.
As far as the Hendricks factor goes, I wonder if he has a future at 170. He seems way too short for 185 but it's apparent that the weight cuts are not working for him. Let's see how he makes out on the scales this time around with Brown
As far as the Hendricks factor goes, I wonder if he has a future at 170. He seems way too short for 185 but it's apparent that the weight cuts are not working for him. Let's see how he makes out on the scales this time around with Brown
He better get that figured out, because he'll get eaten up at 185 - Weidman, Vitor, Jacare, Romero, Rockhold, machida, Kennedy, Bisping, Gegard, Leites, Anderson. Those are your top ten/champ. I'd probably favor all of them over Johny. They're almost all horrible match-ups for him.
Quote Originally Posted by sawman:
As far as the Hendricks factor goes, I wonder if he has a future at 170. He seems way too short for 185 but it's apparent that the weight cuts are not working for him. Let's see how he makes out on the scales this time around with Brown
He better get that figured out, because he'll get eaten up at 185 - Weidman, Vitor, Jacare, Romero, Rockhold, machida, Kennedy, Bisping, Gegard, Leites, Anderson. Those are your top ten/champ. I'd probably favor all of them over Johny. They're almost all horrible match-ups for him.
As far as the Robbie-Rory fight, it was surprising to me as well that Rory opened as a fave and immediately jumped. I think these guys could fight 100 times and 95 would go to decision. Rory is great at avoiding damage and Robbie is pretty dam durable, so O3.5 (-180) looks pretty nice to me. I'd hate to be on the right side of a wrong decision - it seems like every 170 title is a controversial split decision.
As far as the Robbie-Rory fight, it was surprising to me as well that Rory opened as a fave and immediately jumped. I think these guys could fight 100 times and 95 would go to decision. Rory is great at avoiding damage and Robbie is pretty dam durable, so O3.5 (-180) looks pretty nice to me. I'd hate to be on the right side of a wrong decision - it seems like every 170 title is a controversial split decision.
I really like Rory to win this fight, odds are around -180 to -200 in some places... Plus i really like Aldo in his 5 round match vs Connor. Aldo was considered or should still be in the best p4p and I think he is that damn good that -130 is pretty amazing to get on a guy. Connor has looked great but I think this is a huge stepup in competition, siver win was expected. Holloway wasnt the same guy he is now, I would love ti see a holloway rematch with Connor actually...
I really like Rory to win this fight, odds are around -180 to -200 in some places... Plus i really like Aldo in his 5 round match vs Connor. Aldo was considered or should still be in the best p4p and I think he is that damn good that -130 is pretty amazing to get on a guy. Connor has looked great but I think this is a huge stepup in competition, siver win was expected. Holloway wasnt the same guy he is now, I would love ti see a holloway rematch with Connor actually...
I have loaded up on Rory around -180 in this one. Basically playing the youth=improvement, age=decline. Lawler has no doubt peaked but Rory likely has not.
I have loaded up on Rory around -180 in this one. Basically playing the youth=improvement, age=decline. Lawler has no doubt peaked but Rory likely has not.