What's yr take on masidval vs iaquinta? Tough one to call. I hink Jorge is a little more polished all around but Al has just been walking through punches to get in his own. Gettin better each outting
What's yr take on masidval vs iaquinta? Tough one to call. I hink Jorge is a little more polished all around but Al has just been walking through punches to get in his own. Gettin better each outting
Hey sawman - At first I was surprised to see the line that low on Masvidal.. so when I started capping it I was expecting to come out of it liking a bet on him, but I like Iaquinta's work on the feet a lot more here. We've all seen Masvidal dropped hard now in multiple recent fights, Iaquinta should be far more dangerous in the exchanges that I expect him to force, and I don't see Masvidal taking him down regularly enough to win the rounds. Iaquinta has a high output, hits harder, and I think can match him technically.
I've seen a number of breakdowns favoring Masvidal due to his wrestling and ground work (which are both very solid no question), but I don't think Al gets enough credit for his takedown defence. I think the huge majority of the fight should be on the feet and Iaquinta will take a (likely close) decision or MAYBE even TKO him. Masvidal's recovery is ridiculous though.
Hey sawman - At first I was surprised to see the line that low on Masvidal.. so when I started capping it I was expecting to come out of it liking a bet on him, but I like Iaquinta's work on the feet a lot more here. We've all seen Masvidal dropped hard now in multiple recent fights, Iaquinta should be far more dangerous in the exchanges that I expect him to force, and I don't see Masvidal taking him down regularly enough to win the rounds. Iaquinta has a high output, hits harder, and I think can match him technically.
I've seen a number of breakdowns favoring Masvidal due to his wrestling and ground work (which are both very solid no question), but I don't think Al gets enough credit for his takedown defence. I think the huge majority of the fight should be on the feet and Iaquinta will take a (likely close) decision or MAYBE even TKO him. Masvidal's recovery is ridiculous though.
MR219 thanks! Clarke via round 2 guillotine watching the weigh-ins today though I noticed him kind of limping down the stairs after the staredown.. didn't like to see that.
Ferrari
OnTheO
Cheers guys
MR219 thanks! Clarke via round 2 guillotine watching the weigh-ins today though I noticed him kind of limping down the stairs after the staredown.. didn't like to see that.