Posted:
#1
The more and more I think about this fight the more I like Conor. To the point where I will place a pretty large wager on him.
4 inches taller. 8 inch reach advantage. EIGHT inches. Against a former amatuer boxer. Watch Conor's fight vs Poirier. Dustin couldnt even touch him on the feet and he's a much bigger guy than Chad. McGregor is really good at staying outside the punching range of his opponents. And thats vs taller guys with normal reaches like Holloway and Poirier. Who is the biggest guy Chad has fought? Guida? Sure Chad won the fight but he couldnt keep a bigger guy like Guida on the mat. You really think he's gonna keep Conor on the mat who is big as Guida and 5x the athlete? I respect Mendes alot - I just see the size disparity here as a real problem for him and see him getting picked apart on the feet. I dont think he will be able to get inside on Conor enough to win enough of the rounds with his wrestling as I dont see him getting a ton of takedowns. And if he does get them I dont see the fight staying on the mat for a long period. Throw in the short camp for Mendes and cardio could be a real issue here from round 3 on. Too many things working against Mendes here for me.
