Eerie quiet in here, I guess Thatch took a lot of wind out of some guys sails!!! Not a word about Alvey and Martins' juicey lines!!! Alcantara, that line jumped off the table!!! Anyone Bueller, Anyone!!!
Eerie quiet in here, I guess Thatch took a lot of wind out of some guys sails!!! Not a word about Alvey and Martins' juicey lines!!! Alcantara, that line jumped off the table!!! Anyone Bueller, Anyone!!!
I like MJ in this one. He's got great footwork and has only been beat by much superior grapplers. He covers distance exceptionally well and he's got a surging coach & camp for striker-wrestlers (Henri Hooft at Blackzilians). He's been off for about a year due to a domestic charge. As opposed to an injury, he was able to train hard. He's also super powerful in the counter.
I like MJ in this one. He's got great footwork and has only been beat by much superior grapplers. He covers distance exceptionally well and he's got a surging coach & camp for striker-wrestlers (Henri Hooft at Blackzilians). He's been off for about a year due to a domestic charge. As opposed to an injury, he was able to train hard. He's also super powerful in the counter.
I guess that's why the line is getting bet down. Not sure how them leg kicks are gonna feel after being off a year!!! I know they had a great kick boxer in Johnson's camp, that might help. Hey O, besides AJ, who's surging in that camp???
I guess that's why the line is getting bet down. Not sure how them leg kicks are gonna feel after being off a year!!! I know they had a great kick boxer in Johnson's camp, that might help. Hey O, besides AJ, who's surging in that camp???
My line jumped back up to -155 this morning. Leaning Barboza in this one. What ontheo said is correct, MJ has great footwork and striking. The same could be said for Barboza as well. At this point, I think Barboza is just a little bit more well rounded and cleaner in putting together combinations, not to mention his body kicks and leg kicks. I think you'll see Barboza try and use those kicks early to try and limit Johnson's mobility.
My line jumped back up to -155 this morning. Leaning Barboza in this one. What ontheo said is correct, MJ has great footwork and striking. The same could be said for Barboza as well. At this point, I think Barboza is just a little bit more well rounded and cleaner in putting together combinations, not to mention his body kicks and leg kicks. I think you'll see Barboza try and use those kicks early to try and limit Johnson's mobility.
I guess that's why the line is getting bet down. Not sure how them leg kicks are gonna feel after being off a year!!! I know they had a great kick boxer in Johnson's camp, that might help. Hey O, besides AJ, who's surging in that camp???
Vitor is the obvious answer, but the lesser known guy I really like down there is Gilbert Burns.
Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:
I guess that's why the line is getting bet down. Not sure how them leg kicks are gonna feel after being off a year!!! I know they had a great kick boxer in Johnson's camp, that might help. Hey O, besides AJ, who's surging in that camp???
Vitor is the obvious answer, but the lesser known guy I really like down there is Gilbert Burns.
Thatch's loss did hurt quite a bite. Onto the next one.
Line screams Barboza money. Hometown crowd, big MJ layoff, domestic issues for MJ. I think a lot of people will be surprised with MJ and his footwork. He's always sticking and moving with the right jab and that'll be the difference Saturday night. Give me MJ by unanimous decision.
Thatch's loss did hurt quite a bite. Onto the next one.
Line screams Barboza money. Hometown crowd, big MJ layoff, domestic issues for MJ. I think a lot of people will be surprised with MJ and his footwork. He's always sticking and moving with the right jab and that'll be the difference Saturday night. Give me MJ by unanimous decision.