I like Pettis. I think his striking will be too dynamic for Gil. Gil's best shot at winning is takedowns with GnP, but I don't see Gil being able to hold Anthony down for 3 out of 5 rounds without getting caught by a strike or by his crazy active guard game. Khabib can though, IMO.
I like Pettis. I think his striking will be too dynamic for Gil. Gil's best shot at winning is takedowns with GnP, but I don't see Gil being able to hold Anthony down for 3 out of 5 rounds without getting caught by a strike or by his crazy active guard game. Khabib can though, IMO.
I see pettis being too much of a superior striker for gilbert to handle. Melendez don't even go for takedowns nowadays and even if he did and was sometimes successful pettis would get back up. but the line his low so the margin for error his slim so I study how Melendez could win this fight. Aldo I don't think bringing pettis down will be a key to success, holding him against the cage for a decent portion of the rounds and brawling the remainder could score him some points and get him a dec, but the real angle that I see for Melendez his that the most similar fighter to pettis he faced in his carrer his by far his Josh Thomson. and he defeated him the last 2 times they faced each other.
I see pettis being too much of a superior striker for gilbert to handle. Melendez don't even go for takedowns nowadays and even if he did and was sometimes successful pettis would get back up. but the line his low so the margin for error his slim so I study how Melendez could win this fight. Aldo I don't think bringing pettis down will be a key to success, holding him against the cage for a decent portion of the rounds and brawling the remainder could score him some points and get him a dec, but the real angle that I see for Melendez his that the most similar fighter to pettis he faced in his carrer his by far his Josh Thomson. and he defeated him the last 2 times they faced each other.
I agree with everything you said. All 3 fights with Josh were razor thin and could've gone either way and I also believe that, while similar, Pettis does everything Josh does well even better - and he's quicker and more powerful as well.
I agree with everything you said. All 3 fights with Josh were razor thin and could've gone either way and I also believe that, while similar, Pettis does everything Josh does well even better - and he's quicker and more powerful as well.