Posted:
#1
Or if he didnt plan it, it developed into a great idea once this "injury" surfaced in camp.
Aldo is employing a shrewd play here. I do indeed believe he fears Conor a bit. By pulling out this makes Conor earn his shot at him. I also think Aldo believes Mendes has a decent chance to beat Conor with his wrestling. If Chad beats Conor, Jose doesnt have to beat him. Conor would then need to beat Frankie just to get back into the front of the line to face Aldo. I also think, and this may be a bit of a stretch, that Aldo may not be a clean fighter. The new testing is in place now and there's a chance he may feel he needs that "extra boost" against Conor and would like to face him later in the year in Brazil - where we know Jose will get a favorable testing schedule. Just a thought.
