With you on Machida. Yoel Romero was completely gassed after 2 rounds and was nearly finished but saved by the bell from Tim Kennedy. He went as far as cheating by doubling his rest time, and pulled out a miracle victory as a result to start R3. If Lyoto can weather the early storm, I most definitely see Lyoto coming out on top. As for Larkin, that's not a horrible pick but I am on Ponzinibbio. I do like Larkin, but he lost 4 of his last 6 and lost 3 of his last 4. That alone should be reason to stay away, but if you need more you should check out Ponzi's last 2 fights, most notably his KO victory over Wendell Oliveira. He's 2-1 in the UFC and I think the underdog price is great. As for Cowboy Oliveira, I do like him alot but he's only gotten 2 fights in the UFC and went 1-1 after losing his debut to Gilbert Burns. Now Burns is great so it's hard to knock Cowboy for losing that tough debut draw. He also had a good win over KJ Noons, but Noons isn't particularly great with his record over his last 10 being 3-6-1. Joe Merritt is making his debut as a 6-0 pro in regional circuits, but he's a nice prospect. All 6 of his wins have come by TKO/KO and I watched his last 3 fights. Sure, he's fighting lesser competition than he'll face in the UFC, but it's not like he's fighting a ranked opponent in this match. He's fighting a 2 fight veteran. I'll take the odds on the undefeated finisher.
BOL on your Machida bet :)
With you on Machida. Yoel Romero was completely gassed after 2 rounds and was nearly finished but saved by the bell from Tim Kennedy. He went as far as cheating by doubling his rest time, and pulled out a miracle victory as a result to start R3. If Lyoto can weather the early storm, I most definitely see Lyoto coming out on top. As for Larkin, that's not a horrible pick but I am on Ponzinibbio. I do like Larkin, but he lost 4 of his last 6 and lost 3 of his last 4. That alone should be reason to stay away, but if you need more you should check out Ponzi's last 2 fights, most notably his KO victory over Wendell Oliveira. He's 2-1 in the UFC and I think the underdog price is great. As for Cowboy Oliveira, I do like him alot but he's only gotten 2 fights in the UFC and went 1-1 after losing his debut to Gilbert Burns. Now Burns is great so it's hard to knock Cowboy for losing that tough debut draw. He also had a good win over KJ Noons, but Noons isn't particularly great with his record over his last 10 being 3-6-1. Joe Merritt is making his debut as a 6-0 pro in regional circuits, but he's a nice prospect. All 6 of his wins have come by TKO/KO and I watched his last 3 fights. Sure, he's fighting lesser competition than he'll face in the UFC, but it's not like he's fighting a ranked opponent in this match. He's fighting a 2 fight veteran. I'll take the odds on the undefeated finisher.