Posted:
#1
Just got back this morning from a two-nighter at Foxwoods Casino. Yesterday morning at 6am I couldn't sleep so decided to scout out a couple blackjack tables. Lots of things you look at before jumping onto a table. Is the table limit small, say a $10 game, where you can lower your wagers if the dealer gets hot? Check. Do the other players look like they know what they're doing? Check. Do they have many chips in front of them as an indication the dealer may be dumping? Check. Does the dealer have too many chips in his tray as an indication he/she has been taking... No problem there. Check. What are the highest value chips in the dealers tray as an indication of the previous play on the table? WHOA!!! RED FLAG!!!
The dealer had two $1000 chips in the front of the rack. These have no business being on a $10 table. An indication that somebody "check-changed" them overnight to enter table play and got their azz kicked!!!
So I buy in for $500 in Green and start playing two hands on center-field with my goal to win $500, doubling my chips to at least $1000 and coloring up to take one of those $1000 chips to the cage.
The $1000 chips are affectionately nick-named "Pumpkins" because they are orange in color and a wider girth than the other chip denominations. Three shoes later I had $1100 in chips to color up and took one of those pumpkins and one black to the cage.
Breakfast time. Took a 45 minute break to enjoy some Eggs Benedict, tall glass of OJ and a side of bacon. Is there a normal man anywhere who can resist bacon while dining out for breakfast? He!! no.
Go back to the same $10 blackjack table and find the same dealer, the same players, with the same last pumpkin in the rack. Buy in for $500 again and two shoes later I had $1020 in chips to color up and grab that last pumpkin!!! $20 tip for the dealer and I was headed for the cage giving me a sweet profit of $1100 in a little over an hour's work. Total profit $1500 in two nights and there is no way I stick around and give it back to the casino. Seen that movie before. It's done and Northbound for me... I GOT THE TWO PUMPKINS!!!
The dealer had two $1000 chips in the front of the rack. These have no business being on a $10 table. An indication that somebody "check-changed" them overnight to enter table play and got their azz kicked!!!
So I buy in for $500 in Green and start playing two hands on center-field with my goal to win $500, doubling my chips to at least $1000 and coloring up to take one of those $1000 chips to the cage.
The $1000 chips are affectionately nick-named "Pumpkins" because they are orange in color and a wider girth than the other chip denominations. Three shoes later I had $1100 in chips to color up and took one of those pumpkins and one black to the cage.
Breakfast time. Took a 45 minute break to enjoy some Eggs Benedict, tall glass of OJ and a side of bacon. Is there a normal man anywhere who can resist bacon while dining out for breakfast? He!! no.
Go back to the same $10 blackjack table and find the same dealer, the same players, with the same last pumpkin in the rack. Buy in for $500 again and two shoes later I had $1020 in chips to color up and grab that last pumpkin!!! $20 tip for the dealer and I was headed for the cage giving me a sweet profit of $1100 in a little over an hour's work. Total profit $1500 in two nights and there is no way I stick around and give it back to the casino. Seen that movie before. It's done and Northbound for me... I GOT THE TWO PUMPKINS!!!
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
