Placed a wager tonight with Bovada. Placed it for over $600 and it was a prop pitching bet on the Blue Jays vs. Angels. I had Yusei Kikuchi with over 4.5 strikeouts. So when he hit 5 strikeouts tonight, I was ecstatic to say the least!
When I logged into Bovada, the bet wasn't graded and wasn't even in my open bets. So I got on their chat customer support and asked what was up. I did have a screenshot of the bet and it did say that the bet was pending in the screenshot (I made the bet several hours before the game). I have seen that "bet pending" almost every time I have ever made a bet with them. Didn't think it was a big deal.
This is what they told me: "I appreciate your patience, Thomas! As per our rules of general betting rules: The management of Bovada Casino and Sportsbook reserves the right to refuse or limit any bet and to restrict betting on any event at any time without advance notice.".
and
"I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, Thomas, and I completely understand your frustration. I know you were eager to place your bet because you believed you had a chance to win. However, please keep in mind that, as a sportsbook and platform, we have the discretion to accept or decline bets based on our policies and available information. We appreciate your understanding.".
They did this without any email, text, notification of any kind. I have never ever had a bet cancelled before unless it was like a pitching change or something. Never in my wildest nightmares did I expect to go on there and have a winning bet stripped from my account with no explanation or reason why. They wouldn't even put a manager on.
Wow, what an absolute joke Bovada is. I have been a customer for years (Probably around 6-7) and spend thousands of dollars with them. Pretty disappointing to say the least!
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Placed a wager tonight with Bovada. Placed it for over $600 and it was a prop pitching bet on the Blue Jays vs. Angels. I had Yusei Kikuchi with over 4.5 strikeouts. So when he hit 5 strikeouts tonight, I was ecstatic to say the least!
When I logged into Bovada, the bet wasn't graded and wasn't even in my open bets. So I got on their chat customer support and asked what was up. I did have a screenshot of the bet and it did say that the bet was pending in the screenshot (I made the bet several hours before the game). I have seen that "bet pending" almost every time I have ever made a bet with them. Didn't think it was a big deal.
This is what they told me: "I appreciate your patience, Thomas! As per our rules of general betting rules: The management of Bovada Casino and Sportsbook reserves the right to refuse or limit any bet and to restrict betting on any event at any time without advance notice.".
and
"I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, Thomas, and I completely understand your frustration. I know you were eager to place your bet because you believed you had a chance to win. However, please keep in mind that, as a sportsbook and platform, we have the discretion to accept or decline bets based on our policies and available information. We appreciate your understanding.".
They did this without any email, text, notification of any kind. I have never ever had a bet cancelled before unless it was like a pitching change or something. Never in my wildest nightmares did I expect to go on there and have a winning bet stripped from my account with no explanation or reason why. They wouldn't even put a manager on.
Wow, what an absolute joke Bovada is. I have been a customer for years (Probably around 6-7) and spend thousands of dollars with them. Pretty disappointing to say the least!