Posted:
#1
I'm 29, homeowner, always have had a job, good money management (even tho I'm speaking on a gambling forum
)
I've had a ROTH 401k since I was 19 and have been contributing to it ever since. No employee match currently. Been speaking with my financial adviser at my credit union, he suggested starting a TRAD IRA.
Now I've read all the articles about the benefits of every each Trad/Roth, 401k/IRA. And they all say the same about which tax bracket now, or later and that all makes sense to me. Then you hear theory's of how the government might find a way to tax the ROTH accounts at some point.
In the end, I'm looking to just stash some more cash away in an IRA. He suggested Trad so I can get a tax break this year (a few hundred bucks) and just add it to what I'm already contributing.
Any pointers? Suggestions?
