I miss that swing but where does it really rank?
Where does Ken Griffey Jr’s swing rank all time?
No particular order but Straw, Will Clark, Tony Gwynn, and Donnie Baseball all make my list and are all Lefties.
No particular order but Straw, Will Clark, Tony Gwynn, and Donnie Baseball all make my list and are all Lefties.
But my personal favorite (even though I'm a Yankee fan, he played for the Yanks for a little while but mostly known for the Mets and the Dodgers) is Daryl Strawberry.
I remember all the times especially batting practice when Strawberry used to hit homers. A lot of people say his homers looked like comets when they flew but it always reminded me of a golf ball (driver n tee shot) rocketing out of the park the way it moved so fast over the fences. Fun time n great memories.
But my personal favorite (even though I'm a Yankee fan, he played for the Yanks for a little while but mostly known for the Mets and the Dodgers) is Daryl Strawberry.
I remember all the times especially batting practice when Strawberry used to hit homers. A lot of people say his homers looked like comets when they flew but it always reminded me of a golf ball (driver n tee shot) rocketing out of the park the way it moved so fast over the fences. Fun time n great memories.
As a kid growing up in L.A., playing Pee-Wee, Pony/Colt, High School, and a HUGE Dodger's fan I always tried to emulate Steve Garvey's swing. While everyone else had the wide stance and swung for the fences every pitch, it seemed the most fluid, least energy exerting, and best on-base percentage swing.....
Good Thread!!!
As a kid growing up in L.A., playing Pee-Wee, Pony/Colt, High School, and a HUGE Dodger's fan I always tried to emulate Steve Garvey's swing. While everyone else had the wide stance and swung for the fences every pitch, it seemed the most fluid, least energy exerting, and best on-base percentage swing.....
Good Thread!!!
For righties, Al Kaline's swing gets more mentions than any other. I remember being a big fan of his until he used the dh to stagger in at the end of his career, hitting .262 to kill off his career .300 average to finish at .297. Top Ten in MVP voting 8 times, and 10 Gold Gloves in Right Field....
For righties, Al Kaline's swing gets more mentions than any other. I remember being a big fan of his until he used the dh to stagger in at the end of his career, hitting .262 to kill off his career .300 average to finish at .297. Top Ten in MVP voting 8 times, and 10 Gold Gloves in Right Field....
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
