Insufficient sleep has been linked to a number of conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and depression. Physicians suggest adults, in order to function properly, should get between seven and nine hours of sleep.
Anything less than that I guess depends on you much you can function with less sleep. I usually get six hours and am just fine.
Insufficient sleep has been linked to a number of conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and depression. Physicians suggest adults, in order to function properly, should get between seven and nine hours of sleep.
Anything less than that I guess depends on you much you can function with less sleep. I usually get six hours and am just fine.
There is such a thing as oversleeping. It isn't needed. We all have overslept before, and for me, I actually find myself more tired and feeling weird than if I got the normal amount of sleep. A doctor called this "sleep drunkenness"
Yeah, if you find yourself sleeping 10-plus hours most nights you should probably see a doctor.
There is such a thing as oversleeping. It isn't needed. We all have overslept before, and for me, I actually find myself more tired and feeling weird than if I got the normal amount of sleep. A doctor called this "sleep drunkenness"
Yeah, if you find yourself sleeping 10-plus hours most nights you should probably see a doctor.
I try and get about 6-8 hours a night and I usually do for the most part. Such a difference in how I feel when I get a good nights rest.
On a side note, I love taking naps in the late afternoon on the weekends if the opportunity presents itself. Often find that I wake up far more refreshed and energized then I do in the mornings. Anyone else?
I try and get about 6-8 hours a night and I usually do for the most part. Such a difference in how I feel when I get a good nights rest.
On a side note, I love taking naps in the late afternoon on the weekends if the opportunity presents itself. Often find that I wake up far more refreshed and energized then I do in the mornings. Anyone else?
I've always considered myself very lucky that I don't need much sleep at all to function normally. I rarely sleep 8 hours, 4-6 hours is much more normal for me. On a few occasions when I might have had something going on in the evening and then had to go in to work early the next morning I've gotten by on as little as 45 minutes sleep and felt just fine. My overall health is good too, so I don't think it's suffered because of less sleeping. Lucky I guess!
I've always considered myself very lucky that I don't need much sleep at all to function normally. I rarely sleep 8 hours, 4-6 hours is much more normal for me. On a few occasions when I might have had something going on in the evening and then had to go in to work early the next morning I've gotten by on as little as 45 minutes sleep and felt just fine. My overall health is good too, so I don't think it's suffered because of less sleeping. Lucky I guess!