• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    What would you guys do?

    phishphan74
    Hugh_Jorgan
    thorpe
    StumpTownStu
    spockgato
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 468
    Posts: 17
     
    phishphan74
    phishphan74
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 9:14 AM ET #1

    So I have been playing with this local for about eight months and I have lost around $120,000. I was down about 10,000 this week and told my guy that I wanted to put 20,000 on Washington last night. He told me he could take the bed but then he told me I needed to post and I said I just got back in town and do you want me to meet you to give you 20,000 upfront after I’ve paid you 120,000 over the last half of a year? I said you can hold onto my watch that’s worth 20,000 basically he told me he couldn’t and then he said he called the main guy and he said no. I told him that is complete and utter fucking bullshit. They always brag about taking any bet and he’s going to break my balls? If I ignore him calling me today to collect, what will happen?   I obviously have too much to lose but this group of people act like professionals and they act like they have a team to take care of people who don’t pay. I am fucking pissed. I believe I have every right to be as I should be collecting finally but instead I’m in this boat. I kept telling him that it’s on my head not his so just put the fucking bet in.    Thanks for your advice in advance.  

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    So I have been playing with this local for about eight months and I have lost around $120,000. I was down about 10,000 this week and told my guy that I wanted to put 20,000 on Washington last night. He told me he could take the bed but then he told me I needed to post and I said I just got back in town and do you want me to meet you to give you 20,000 upfront after I’ve paid you 120,000 over the last half of a year? I said you can hold onto my watch that’s worth 20,000 basically he told me he couldn’t and then he said he called the main guy and he said no. I told him that is complete and utter fucking bullshit. They always brag about taking any bet and he’s going to break my balls? If I ignore him calling me today to collect, what will happen?   I obviously have too much to lose but this group of people act like professionals and they act like they have a team to take care of people who don’t pay. I am fucking pissed. I believe I have every right to be as I should be collecting finally but instead I’m in this boat. I kept telling him that it’s on my head not his so just put the fucking bet in.    Thanks for your advice in advance.  

     
    phishphan74
    phishphan74
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 9:44 AM ET #2

    One things for sure, I am now completely turned off from sports betting.  I will never ever use a local again and the offshore thing just doesn’t appeal to me.  

    Reply

    One things for sure, I am now completely turned off from sports betting.  I will never ever use a local again and the offshore thing just doesn’t appeal to me.  

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 9:48 AM ET #3

    Your main issue is that you literally need them because you are a gambling addict and your bookie provides your fix. That right there puts you at a disadvantage. They know you have a major problem because they have 120k of your money.

    You owed him 10k, and then they said no to a 20k bet. Did you ask if they would take a 10k bet?

    Regardless, you're fucked because you will pay them so you can continue to get your drug of choice which is action. You won't stiff them unless you have another book to take your action.

    Best advice you will get within this thread is this ... get some help for your gambling addiction.

    PS; Spare me the story of how much money you have. You have a problem. Good luck peace_5

    bigreds daddy
    Reply

    Your main issue is that you literally need them because you are a gambling addict and your bookie provides your fix. That right there puts you at a disadvantage. They know you have a major problem because they have 120k of your money.

    You owed him 10k, and then they said no to a 20k bet. Did you ask if they would take a 10k bet?

    Regardless, you're fucked because you will pay them so you can continue to get your drug of choice which is action. You won't stiff them unless you have another book to take your action.

    Best advice you will get within this thread is this ... get some help for your gambling addiction.

    PS; Spare me the story of how much money you have. You have a problem. Good luck peace_5

     
    phishphan74
    phishphan74
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 10:00 AM ET #4

    @Hugh_Jorgan

     I guess you didn’t read the part of me not caring about betting anymore.   I don’t need them for a fix.  I can get another local bookie rather easily so you are lost in space on that one I guess.   They aren’t the only game in town.  Did ya ever consider that?   If your gay porn dealer dies, I’m sure you have a backup Hugh.    Spare you the story of my money?    Man you’ve really had a shitty life eh?   My “gambling problem” is done. I have zero Desire and after they pulled this,  I’m not into it anymore.  
    so you can give solid advice based on facts or you aren’t yelling at all.   Glad I reached out to this loving community.   Is this the bs you guys deal with when asking questions? Christ. You need to expand your mind a little.  Maybe you live in a one bookie town.   I do not.   But I’m not going to be placing bets anymore.   Done with it.   

    Reply

    @Hugh_Jorgan

     I guess you didn’t read the part of me not caring about betting anymore.   I don’t need them for a fix.  I can get another local bookie rather easily so you are lost in space on that one I guess.   They aren’t the only game in town.  Did ya ever consider that?   If your gay porn dealer dies, I’m sure you have a backup Hugh.    Spare you the story of my money?    Man you’ve really had a shitty life eh?   My “gambling problem” is done. I have zero Desire and after they pulled this,  I’m not into it anymore.  
    so you can give solid advice based on facts or you aren’t yelling at all.   Glad I reached out to this loving community.   Is this the bs you guys deal with when asking questions? Christ. You need to expand your mind a little.  Maybe you live in a one bookie town.   I do not.   But I’m not going to be placing bets anymore.   Done with it.   

     
    phishphan74
    phishphan74
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 10:01 AM ET #5

    @phishphan74

     Helping not yelling.   Voice text error.   

    Reply

    @phishphan74

     Helping not yelling.   Voice text error.   

     
    phishphan74
    phishphan74
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 10:08 AM ET #6

    @Hugh_Jorgan

     All bullshit aside, If I don’t pay them and tell them I am done,  what can they do?

    they don’t deserve to be paid.  I am serious when I tell you I am done with betting.  It’s not a problem to quit. I feel like they would stoop down to any level to strong arm ppl to pay them even when it’s unfair.   But I paid them in checks because I never had cash.  So I guess I could turn them in if they fuck with me.   This is why I’m asking you guys.   This is your specialty.  I am a rookie with this stuff.  

    Reply

    @Hugh_Jorgan

     All bullshit aside, If I don’t pay them and tell them I am done,  what can they do?

    they don’t deserve to be paid.  I am serious when I tell you I am done with betting.  It’s not a problem to quit. I feel like they would stoop down to any level to strong arm ppl to pay them even when it’s unfair.   But I paid them in checks because I never had cash.  So I guess I could turn them in if they fuck with me.   This is why I’m asking you guys.   This is your specialty.  I am a rookie with this stuff.  

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 11:05 AM ET #7

    No, you are not a rookie at this.  You posted almost this exact same thing back in April.  Remember your Bentley and mansion?

     

    https://www.covers.com/forum/general-discussion-35/can-you-guys-give-me-your-opinionadvice-103524265

     

    You either don't learn, or you are full of sh-t. But it is Covers problem for not helping you out of your jam?

    Reply

    No, you are not a rookie at this.  You posted almost this exact same thing back in April.  Remember your Bentley and mansion?

     

    https://www.covers.com/forum/general-discussion-35/can-you-guys-give-me-your-opinionadvice-103524265

     

    You either don't learn, or you are full of sh-t. But it is Covers problem for not helping you out of your jam?

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 11:44 AM ET #8

    I just realized that you're a Phish "phan", and for this reason, I hope this all ends horribly for you. I hope you get caught is sort of dragnet, lose everything, and your kids are sold into sex slavery. I was ready to call bull on your entire story until I realized that you are a Phish fan. Those dirty, smelly hippies are always well off. Trustafarians is what my buddy calls them.

    Don't pay by them. Hopefully someone smashes your teeth in. Hopefully the chick from the original story sues you for sexual harassment. Gay porn dealer? That's the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Is it you that is really into gay porn? Is this the reason you're a single dad? It's totally ok to be into gay porn. However, it's not ok to be a piece of shit like you.

    p.s. I love how multiple times you mention not having an addiction or being done with gambling in the very same paragraph as mentioning how you have other options to play with. You're a born loser. Keep playing. The money is better off with the bookies.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I just realized that you're a Phish "phan", and for this reason, I hope this all ends horribly for you. I hope you get caught is sort of dragnet, lose everything, and your kids are sold into sex slavery. I was ready to call bull on your entire story until I realized that you are a Phish fan. Those dirty, smelly hippies are always well off. Trustafarians is what my buddy calls them.

    Don't pay by them. Hopefully someone smashes your teeth in. Hopefully the chick from the original story sues you for sexual harassment. Gay porn dealer? That's the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Is it you that is really into gay porn? Is this the reason you're a single dad? It's totally ok to be into gay porn. However, it's not ok to be a piece of shit like you.

    p.s. I love how multiple times you mention not having an addiction or being done with gambling in the very same paragraph as mentioning how you have other options to play with. You're a born loser. Keep playing. The money is better off with the bookies.

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2021 - 2:28 PM ET #9

    Blood on the ground , don’t conceal what you’re telling

    blood on your mouth plus the chrome wheels of the Bentley

    a sobering cut , the rush , so fleeting yet deadly

    they’ll say “ close it up “ as your own mother is tearing so gently

    weirdly and eloquently 

    you’ve formulated some prose

    that the Pros know your little shoulders can’t hold

    littered with jokes , the punchline your assshole

    the finger trigger explodes your butthole twice the size , it’s not what you planned fo’

    They’ll cut off your hands Bro 

    good luck wiping the sphincter

    Christ !! is this your life ? Self righteous turned sinister……..

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Blood on the ground , don’t conceal what you’re telling

    blood on your mouth plus the chrome wheels of the Bentley

    a sobering cut , the rush , so fleeting yet deadly

    they’ll say “ close it up “ as your own mother is tearing so gently

    weirdly and eloquently 

    you’ve formulated some prose

    that the Pros know your little shoulders can’t hold

    littered with jokes , the punchline your assshole

    the finger trigger explodes your butthole twice the size , it’s not what you planned fo’

    They’ll cut off your hands Bro 

    good luck wiping the sphincter

    Christ !! is this your life ? Self righteous turned sinister……..

     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2021 - 3:38 AM ET #10

    @thorpe

     Dejavu

    Reply

    @thorpe

     Dejavu

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2021 - 5:54 PM ET #11

    @StumpTownStu

     an_roll_laugh

    That was fuckin great!

    bigreds daddy
    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     an_roll_laugh

    That was fuckin great!

     
    Danny9999
    Danny9999
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2021
    Posts: 2025
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2021 - 1:03 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by phishphan74:

    One things for sure, I am now completely turned off from sports betting.  I will never ever use a local again and the offshore thing just doesn’t appeal to me.

    Well I think Hugh Jordan was trying to give you an honest opinion, no reason to imply he's gay.

    It's easy to say we are finished, I think we all have a few times. Not so easy to actually quit.

    It sounds like you don't want to pay. If you don't, I seriously doubt they do anything but who knows. I imagine they will just eat the 10k which is the reason he didn't take another 20k on the cuff. Then he would be eating 30k.

    He did what he could, he asked above him and the answer was no. I think it's a lot to expect them to take a 20k bet on the cuff regardless of how much you have lost and paid.

    I would assume all the bookies in your town have a relationship, probably working for a lot of the same people. It might not be as easy as you think to skip out on one and just go to another. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by phishphan74:

    One things for sure, I am now completely turned off from sports betting.  I will never ever use a local again and the offshore thing just doesn’t appeal to me.

    Well I think Hugh Jordan was trying to give you an honest opinion, no reason to imply he's gay.

    It's easy to say we are finished, I think we all have a few times. Not so easy to actually quit.

    It sounds like you don't want to pay. If you don't, I seriously doubt they do anything but who knows. I imagine they will just eat the 10k which is the reason he didn't take another 20k on the cuff. Then he would be eating 30k.

    He did what he could, he asked above him and the answer was no. I think it's a lot to expect them to take a 20k bet on the cuff regardless of how much you have lost and paid.

    I would assume all the bookies in your town have a relationship, probably working for a lot of the same people. It might not be as easy as you think to skip out on one and just go to another. 

     
    Kpcinco
    Kpcinco
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2021
    Posts: 631
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2021 - 8:25 AM ET #13

    @phishphan74

     Sure it’s not a problem ?? you sound like a crack head trying to convince themselves they don’t have a problem.   Your dealer wouldn’t cuff you a fix and you got butt hurt and now what to stiff them? It sounds like he knew you couldn’t be trusted period. 

    Reply

    @phishphan74

     Sure it’s not a problem ?? you sound like a crack head trying to convince themselves they don’t have a problem.   Your dealer wouldn’t cuff you a fix and you got butt hurt and now what to stiff them? It sounds like he knew you couldn’t be trusted period. 

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84838
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2021 - 2:50 PM ET #14

    surprised

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    surprised

     
    packersbackers
    packersbackers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 52975
    Posted: Dec. 7, 2021 - 9:26 PM ET #15

    @phishphan74

     You pay your bookie with checks?

    lie + an_roll_laugh

    MAGAm Yisrael Chai
    Reply

    @phishphan74

     You pay your bookie with checks?

    lie + an_roll_laugh

     
    Noonball
    Noonball
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2017
    Posts: 859
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2021 - 11:39 AM ET #16

    Im sure this is bullshyt but if not, as a former collector for 400-600 operation in Milwaukee we went to extreme lengths to collect money including using family members as a nudge.

    We always tried payment plans first. Only gets ugly when you we knew the person had no intention of paying. Hope this helps.

    Reply

    Im sure this is bullshyt but if not, as a former collector for 400-600 operation in Milwaukee we went to extreme lengths to collect money including using family members as a nudge.

    We always tried payment plans first. Only gets ugly when you we knew the person had no intention of paying. Hope this helps.

     
     
    BIGDTITLE
    BIGDTITLE
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 26914
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2021 - 2:34 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny9999:

    Quote Originally Posted by phishphan74: One things for sure, I am now completely turned off from sports betting.  I will never ever use a local again and the offshore thing just doesn’t appeal to me. Well I think Hugh Jordan was trying to give you an honest opinion, no reason to imply he's gay. It's easy to say we are finished, I think we all have a few times. Not so easy to actually quit. It sounds like you don't want to pay. If you don't, I seriously doubt they do anything but who knows. I imagine they will just eat the 10k which is the reason he didn't take another 20k on the cuff. Then he would be eating 30k. He did what he could, he asked above him and the answer was no. I think it's a lot to expect them to take a 20k bet on the cuff regardless of how much you have lost and paid. I would assume all the bookies in your town have a relationship, probably working for a lot of the same people. It might not be as easy as you think to skip out on one and just go to another.

     

    THIS

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny9999:

    Quote Originally Posted by phishphan74: One things for sure, I am now completely turned off from sports betting.  I will never ever use a local again and the offshore thing just doesn’t appeal to me. Well I think Hugh Jordan was trying to give you an honest opinion, no reason to imply he's gay. It's easy to say we are finished, I think we all have a few times. Not so easy to actually quit. It sounds like you don't want to pay. If you don't, I seriously doubt they do anything but who knows. I imagine they will just eat the 10k which is the reason he didn't take another 20k on the cuff. Then he would be eating 30k. He did what he could, he asked above him and the answer was no. I think it's a lot to expect them to take a 20k bet on the cuff regardless of how much you have lost and paid. I would assume all the bookies in your town have a relationship, probably working for a lot of the same people. It might not be as easy as you think to skip out on one and just go to another.

     

    THIS

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,834
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 439
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,590
    • MLB Playoffs 16,470
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,120
    • PART DEUX 115
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,378
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,228
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.