i have learned my lesson and i may very well never gamble again. I have accepted the fact that I am basically powerless over gambling. I will never win consistently and will always find a way to give back winnings ASAP. It's all bad for you, poker, sports, horses, casino, lottery. You might win here and there but long term its not pretty. Thank you , Jesus, in helping me cope. All I wanted was to win but after 17 years like i said i may very well be done gambling.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
i have learned my lesson and i may very well never gamble again. I have accepted the fact that I am basically powerless over gambling. I will never win consistently and will always find a way to give back winnings ASAP. It's all bad for you, poker, sports, horses, casino, lottery. You might win here and there but long term its not pretty. Thank you , Jesus, in helping me cope. All I wanted was to win but after 17 years like i said i may very well be done gambling.
Jesus would say, "Ride the Winning Steaks, you Big Dummy.
So true. Personally I adopted the fade hot streak mentality years ago and just couldn't shake it. Paid well in short term but in the end, Costa Rica would always get the bank roll along with my stubborn tactics.
I sympathize with the OP, I've seen him really try over an over on some good picks but unfortunately they didn't cash. Hang in there bud, you fought tooth and nail.Direct that mentality into something else and you'll win every time.
Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:
OP, the Power in you is Very Weak.
Jesus would say, "Ride the Winning Steaks, you Big Dummy.
So true. Personally I adopted the fade hot streak mentality years ago and just couldn't shake it. Paid well in short term but in the end, Costa Rica would always get the bank roll along with my stubborn tactics.
I sympathize with the OP, I've seen him really try over an over on some good picks but unfortunately they didn't cash. Hang in there bud, you fought tooth and nail.Direct that mentality into something else and you'll win every time.
Why does "He" even have to be part of the equation??? I'll admit, I've done my share of begging, but I've never then "turned to God" for help. GamAnon supposedly uses religion! Almost every degen I've known/heard from that wanted to quit says something along the lines of "I need to find God".
I've seen some of the same people (men, women, Couples) at the track/casino, who talk about their church or even come in from a service on Sunday -- and they are yelling things like "Oh my God" or "God dammit".
My guess is He'd say one of the following:
1) LOL
2) My Bad, Bro
3) You quit?! Ok, see you tomorrow then...
Why does "He" even have to be part of the equation??? I'll admit, I've done my share of begging, but I've never then "turned to God" for help. GamAnon supposedly uses religion! Almost every degen I've known/heard from that wanted to quit says something along the lines of "I need to find God".
I've seen some of the same people (men, women, Couples) at the track/casino, who talk about their church or even come in from a service on Sunday -- and they are yelling things like "Oh my God" or "God dammit".
You lost five it's okay you took ten and mad a thousand great you hid the one under a basket I have no use for. Can't remember the CH verse ect. But it's in the Bible bub.
You lost five it's okay you took ten and mad a thousand great you hid the one under a basket I have no use for. Can't remember the CH verse ect. But it's in the Bible bub.
Kind he gave five and made five talents one he gave two and he lost them the other only one and he saved it for him the one who saved was chastised.....
Kind he gave five and made five talents one he gave two and he lost them the other only one and he saved it for him the one who saved was chastised.....
They pick and choose then state it confusion in translation. Because risk and reward calculations only could be applied to business at the time. Wasn't like their was gambling during gladiator or chariot races.
They will never admit to what is truth for usually Christian teachings that you are your brothers keeper help the poor and helpless directly offends their no entitlements and ebt cards stance. They to me are wolf in sheep's clothing and an abomination to Christ's commandments. But I will leave that for another day still trying to get the speck out of my eye .....
They pick and choose then state it confusion in translation. Because risk and reward calculations only could be applied to business at the time. Wasn't like their was gambling during gladiator or chariot races.
They will never admit to what is truth for usually Christian teachings that you are your brothers keeper help the poor and helpless directly offends their no entitlements and ebt cards stance. They to me are wolf in sheep's clothing and an abomination to Christ's commandments. But I will leave that for another day still trying to get the speck out of my eye .....