• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    What is your most valuable baseball card?

    jagerbomb197
    Slobbasaurus
    cmo1037
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Jarrett75
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 699
    Posts: 8
     
    jagerbomb197
    jagerbomb197
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 460
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 1:48 PM ET #1

    Just curious what kind of prized possessions you guys might have.  Mine is a Derek Jeter buyback auto RC.  #d to 93.  Pulled it out of a $10 blaster box from Kmart!  I have seen it listed on Ebay for up to $10k.  How bout you guys?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Just curious what kind of prized possessions you guys might have.  Mine is a Derek Jeter buyback auto RC.  #d to 93.  Pulled it out of a $10 blaster box from Kmart!  I have seen it listed on Ebay for up to $10k.  How bout you guys?
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 2:06 PM ET #2

    Most prized material possession is my house, but when it comes to toys or collectibles, it's probably my LEGO sets.  Been collecting these phuckers for years.  

    I purchased the LEGO Taj Mahal for $300 when it came out in 2008.  It's been discontinued and goes for around $4k online.

    It's nearly 6k pieces and it took me nearly all summer for my nephew and I to build.  

    I buy all of the LEGO Exclusive Sculptures and Architecture series for the little ones.  I have a room filled with them.  
    Reply
    Most prized material possession is my house, but when it comes to toys or collectibles, it's probably my LEGO sets.  Been collecting these phuckers for years.  

    I purchased the LEGO Taj Mahal for $300 when it came out in 2008.  It's been discontinued and goes for around $4k online.

    It's nearly 6k pieces and it took me nearly all summer for my nephew and I to build.  

    I buy all of the LEGO Exclusive Sculptures and Architecture series for the little ones.  I have a room filled with them.  
     
    jagerbomb197
    jagerbomb197
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 460
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 2:37 PM ET #3

    I loved LEGO sets when I was a kid.  Wish I still had all of my sets from my childhood.
    Reply
    I loved LEGO sets when I was a kid.  Wish I still had all of my sets from my childhood.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 2:40 PM ET #4

    If I ever move, it's going to be a b!tch moving all of them.  

    I think most American boys were LEGO maniacs when they were younger.  I'm passing the tradition on to my kids and nephews.  They seem to love it.  

    Very expensive though.  
    Reply
    If I ever move, it's going to be a b!tch moving all of them.  

    I think most American boys were LEGO maniacs when they were younger.  I'm passing the tradition on to my kids and nephews.  They seem to love it.  

    Very expensive though.  
     
    cmo1037
    cmo1037
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 4080
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 6:08 PM ET #5

    i remember adding up the value of all of my cards 25-30 years ago as a kid, using the monthly Beckett, thinking, "man, am I rich".
    then all of a sudden all those cards are worth person.
    I still have 2-3 big boxes of cards, some older ones like hank aaron and yaz, of course the ken griffey jr. rookies, but nothing is really worth much anymore.
    i guess i have some autographs worth probably $2-300, but everything else just crashed.
    Reply
    i remember adding up the value of all of my cards 25-30 years ago as a kid, using the monthly Beckett, thinking, "man, am I rich".
    then all of a sudden all those cards are worth person.
    I still have 2-3 big boxes of cards, some older ones like hank aaron and yaz, of course the ken griffey jr. rookies, but nothing is really worth much anymore.
    i guess i have some autographs worth probably $2-300, but everything else just crashed.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 6:27 PM ET #6

    I don't own any cards that are exceptionally valuable (in terms of cash) but I have a ton of cards that have decent value. 

    I collected baseball/football cards in the late 60's through mid 70's, and kept them all.
    Not many in mint condition, so they are not as valuable, but still just as cool. 

    I took up collecting again in the late 90's, but purchased nothing new. Stuck to vintage football cards from the 40's, 50's and 60's.
    I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan, so I also assembled complete sets of their players from every year from 1960 through the early 80's.
    Again, what those cards lack in monetary value, they more than make up for it in sentimental value 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    I don't own any cards that are exceptionally valuable (in terms of cash) but I have a ton of cards that have decent value. 

    I collected baseball/football cards in the late 60's through mid 70's, and kept them all.
    Not many in mint condition, so they are not as valuable, but still just as cool. 

    I took up collecting again in the late 90's, but purchased nothing new. Stuck to vintage football cards from the 40's, 50's and 60's.
    I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan, so I also assembled complete sets of their players from every year from 1960 through the early 80's.
    Again, what those cards lack in monetary value, they more than make up for it in sentimental value 
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 7:15 PM ET #7

    Doubtful any cards are too valuable with the amount of them out there. When I used to do really well I used to buy autographed baseballs. Sold most of them due to a car accident. I only have two left and both are Matt Kemp. I bought them when he was in the minors and hoped he would be a beast, never really panned out.
    Reply
    Doubtful any cards are too valuable with the amount of them out there. When I used to do really well I used to buy autographed baseballs. Sold most of them due to a car accident. I only have two left and both are Matt Kemp. I bought them when he was in the minors and hoped he would be a beast, never really panned out.
     
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2016 - 8:42 PM ET #8

    Jose canseco donruss rated rookie 1986
    Dwight gooden topps rookie 1985

    As I watched the value of those go up as a kid, I just figured in 30 years I would retire on the half a dozen or so of each that I held on to. 

    I remember in 1989 some one offering $250 for a canseco rated rookie and me thinking I will be smart and play the long game 
    Reply
    Jose canseco donruss rated rookie 1986
    Dwight gooden topps rookie 1985

    As I watched the value of those go up as a kid, I just figured in 30 years I would retire on the half a dozen or so of each that I held on to. 

    I remember in 1989 some one offering $250 for a canseco rated rookie and me thinking I will be smart and play the long game 
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,351
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,871
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 827
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • PART DEUX 145
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • Week 6 Money 8,153
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,179
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.