• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    What is more important to you?

    Daddy_Freddie
    TheGoldenGoose
    searchwarrant
    vetdrm
    StumpTownStu
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 989
    Posts: 13
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2018 - 1:34 AM ET #1

    Having a winning bet or knowing that your betting approach is disciplined and applied correctly?  
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Having a winning bet or knowing that your betting approach is disciplined and applied correctly?  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2018 - 5:23 PM ET #2


    It's much better to be lucky than good.

    Not saying I agree with that.  But it is simply a fact of life. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    It's much better to be lucky than good.

    Not saying I agree with that.  But it is simply a fact of life. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2018 - 6:29 PM ET #3

    Think I'll go with just winning the damn bet. The more thought and energy I put into a wager the more I lose. 

    Betting is like playing pool. If you stare to long at the cue ball and it's path you'll miss 8-10 times. Fact.

    Reply

    Think I'll go with just winning the damn bet. The more thought and energy I put into a wager the more I lose. 

    Betting is like playing pool. If you stare to long at the cue ball and it's path you'll miss 8-10 times. Fact.

     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2018 - 8:06 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanGambler:

    Life lives matter!  Why do we need guns, drugs and cigarettes? I hate wasting money to some losers for insurance. I believe that cancer is a punishment for someone. I believe that killers and suicides can't go to heaven. I believe that you can't go to heaven without heart because of the organ donation. I believe that auto/health insurance and cable television business people are stealing money from customers for commercials, sponsors and personal lavishes. What else???

    Wow. I am surprised you even have internet service.
    I picture you living in a place similar to the unabomber.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TexanGambler:

    Life lives matter!  Why do we need guns, drugs and cigarettes? I hate wasting money to some losers for insurance. I believe that cancer is a punishment for someone. I believe that killers and suicides can't go to heaven. I believe that you can't go to heaven without heart because of the organ donation. I believe that auto/health insurance and cable television business people are stealing money from customers for commercials, sponsors and personal lavishes. What else???

    Wow. I am surprised you even have internet service.
    I picture you living in a place similar to the unabomber.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2018 - 8:08 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Think I'll go with just winning the damn bet. The more thought and energy I put into a wager the more I lose.  Betting is like playing pool. If you stare to long at the cue ball and it's path you'll miss 8-10 times. Fact.

    Most billiards players, myself included, tend to play better fast and loose. Study long, study wrong.

    Now when it comes to capping, i've spent many years and countless hours on this and I know i'm legit but at the end of the day, i'm just here to win money. If my winners came from flipping a coin instead of my capping, I couldn't care less. The money doesn't know where it comes from.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Think I'll go with just winning the damn bet. The more thought and energy I put into a wager the more I lose.  Betting is like playing pool. If you stare to long at the cue ball and it's path you'll miss 8-10 times. Fact.

    Most billiards players, myself included, tend to play better fast and loose. Study long, study wrong.

    Now when it comes to capping, i've spent many years and countless hours on this and I know i'm legit but at the end of the day, i'm just here to win money. If my winners came from flipping a coin instead of my capping, I couldn't care less. The money doesn't know where it comes from.

     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2018 - 10:36 PM ET #6

    In the minority here again. It's all in the data and my approach. Even more so betting ponies. 
    That's not to say putting in a halftime bet on Sunday night and not knowing what u bet until u looked it up monday morning doesn't work. Running about 60% on those ...... I think.
    Reply
    In the minority here again. It's all in the data and my approach. Even more so betting ponies. 
    That's not to say putting in a halftime bet on Sunday night and not knowing what u bet until u looked it up monday morning doesn't work. Running about 60% on those ...... I think.
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Sep. 19, 2018 - 11:20 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanGambler:

    Life lives matter!  Why do we need guns, drugs and cigarettes? I hate wasting money to some losers for insurance. I believe that cancer is a punishment for someone. I believe that killers and suicides can't go to heaven. I believe that you can't go to heaven without heart because of the organ donation. I believe that auto/health insurance and cable television business people are stealing money from customers for commercials, sponsors and personal lavishes. What else???


    Serious question.....Do you have auto insurance? Geico? Farmers? Allstate?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TexanGambler:

    Life lives matter!  Why do we need guns, drugs and cigarettes? I hate wasting money to some losers for insurance. I believe that cancer is a punishment for someone. I believe that killers and suicides can't go to heaven. I believe that you can't go to heaven without heart because of the organ donation. I believe that auto/health insurance and cable television business people are stealing money from customers for commercials, sponsors and personal lavishes. What else???


    Serious question.....Do you have auto insurance? Geico? Farmers? Allstate?
     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2018 - 5:12 PM ET #8

    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" 

    but then again I'd rather have luck than any of those any day.
    Reply
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" 

    but then again I'd rather have luck than any of those any day.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2018 - 7:21 PM ET #9

    This reads like someone trying to justify a loss..........not the OP specifically because we've all done it at one point or another. So would I rather win, or console myself with the fact that I did my homework, bet within my means, & just had a bad beat? Well yeah, I'd rather win.
    Reply
    This reads like someone trying to justify a loss..........not the OP specifically because we've all done it at one point or another. So would I rather win, or console myself with the fact that I did my homework, bet within my means, & just had a bad beat? Well yeah, I'd rather win.
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2018 - 3:01 PM ET #10

    I'd like to thank all of you for your replies. It's really interesting here to see how some choose to go into detail with capping games and others just throw a proverbial "Hail Mary" and hope for the best...almost akin to throwing horse shoes. I'll go to my grave though saying that the Race and Sports Book is your BEST BET in any casino that has them. At least here you can make an "educated guess' and you have a 50/50 shot...dumping money into video poker really is a risk. 

    What really brought this question to mind is when I started out betting sports years ago I remember being sloppy in my early years and not really fully doing my homework which led to some bad bets..as Mug said, and it's not to justify them..you let them go as soon as they happen because they can't be re-bet...but it's the learning experience that is derived from them. Thanks again fella's!

    Reply

    I'd like to thank all of you for your replies. It's really interesting here to see how some choose to go into detail with capping games and others just throw a proverbial "Hail Mary" and hope for the best...almost akin to throwing horse shoes. I'll go to my grave though saying that the Race and Sports Book is your BEST BET in any casino that has them. At least here you can make an "educated guess' and you have a 50/50 shot...dumping money into video poker really is a risk. 

    What really brought this question to mind is when I started out betting sports years ago I remember being sloppy in my early years and not really fully doing my homework which led to some bad bets..as Mug said, and it's not to justify them..you let them go as soon as they happen because they can't be re-bet...but it's the learning experience that is derived from them. Thanks again fella's!

     
    BRYANTBARZAL
    BRYANTBARZAL
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 300
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2018 - 8:19 PM ET #11

    Just win baby!

    Reply

    Just win baby!

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2018 - 9:11 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Think I'll go with just winning the damn bet.

    The more thought and energy I put into a wager the more I lose. 

    Betting is like playing pool. If you stare to long at the cue ball and it's path you'll miss 8-10 times. Fact.



    There's an old saying... "The more you learn the less you know".

    It means sometimes the more you investigate things the more uncertainties you can uncover.  Which can muddy the waters so to speak.  We've all heard of the "KISS method"... "keep it simple stupid".


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Think I'll go with just winning the damn bet.

    The more thought and energy I put into a wager the more I lose. 

    Betting is like playing pool. If you stare to long at the cue ball and it's path you'll miss 8-10 times. Fact.



    There's an old saying... "The more you learn the less you know".

    It means sometimes the more you investigate things the more uncertainties you can uncover.  Which can muddy the waters so to speak.  We've all heard of the "KISS method"... "keep it simple stupid".


     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 26, 2018 - 12:29 PM ET #13

    D-Town makes a rare appearance!!!

    Where have you been old chap???
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    D-Town makes a rare appearance!!!

    Where have you been old chap???
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,890
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,606
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,952
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,263
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,265
    • Week 6 Money 5,817
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,148

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.