• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    VPN

    ClubDirt
    vanzack
    ZiggyDawg
    TheGoldenGoose
    jamesxnj
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 923
    Posts: 15
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 10:15 AM ET #1

    so i got a VPN for my computers and phone.  i'm far from a computer person but basically i think it means i can browse the internet through servers in different cities and countries so the websites i go to don't know where i am or much else about me.

    my question is, does anyone use this (along with BTC or something similar) with success to bet at books that are otherwise off limits to people in the U.S.?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    so i got a VPN for my computers and phone.  i'm far from a computer person but basically i think it means i can browse the internet through servers in different cities and countries so the websites i go to don't know where i am or much else about me.

    my question is, does anyone use this (along with BTC or something similar) with success to bet at books that are otherwise off limits to people in the U.S.?
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 10:32 AM ET #2

    i guess i should add, if so, which ones?
    Reply
    i guess i should add, if so, which ones?
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 10:42 AM ET #3

    I am also not an expert....  But I have collected some facts and ideas over the years.

    The VPN does 2 things - geolocation and privacy.  You are basically (simplified for my own understanding) using a remote desktop somewhere else in the world.

    A couple of downsides to it.  Speed.  It will cut down on your speed.  And also - if you use a VPN - since all of your traffic is funneling through another computer somewhere - usernames and PWs also funnel through there as does your browsing history.  Not sure what encryption exists, maybe someone can comment - but from what I have heard if you use one of these public free ones you are taking your chances.

    There are ways (easy) to set up your own VPN service using remote virtual desktop rental, but this might be overkill.  Pretty sure if you are paying the 40 bucks a year or so to any one of the major services you are covered for security, but your speed might be an issue.

    peace_5

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    I am also not an expert....  But I have collected some facts and ideas over the years.

    The VPN does 2 things - geolocation and privacy.  You are basically (simplified for my own understanding) using a remote desktop somewhere else in the world.

    A couple of downsides to it.  Speed.  It will cut down on your speed.  And also - if you use a VPN - since all of your traffic is funneling through another computer somewhere - usernames and PWs also funnel through there as does your browsing history.  Not sure what encryption exists, maybe someone can comment - but from what I have heard if you use one of these public free ones you are taking your chances.

    There are ways (easy) to set up your own VPN service using remote virtual desktop rental, but this might be overkill.  Pretty sure if you are paying the 40 bucks a year or so to any one of the major services you are covered for security, but your speed might be an issue.

    peace_5

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 10:45 AM ET #4

    I used "IP Vanish" vpn but cancelled last month. I never used it for gambling or any of the purposes you mentioned. I was just curious to check out the "deep dark web" to see what all the fuss was about (they warn you not to go on there without a vpn) Anyway, I cancelled because i wasn't using it often enough to make it worthwhile.

    Also I never had problems downloading a ton of torrents directly without a VPN so no need either.

    With that said "IP Vanish" was rated on of the top services and I thought it was outstanding; many servers throughout the world, fast servers, great software with a really good interface and super easy to use and only $9 a month and you can canel anytime within a week and get your money back. I also used "Nord VPN" a couple years ago and it was good too.
    Reply
    I used "IP Vanish" vpn but cancelled last month. I never used it for gambling or any of the purposes you mentioned. I was just curious to check out the "deep dark web" to see what all the fuss was about (they warn you not to go on there without a vpn) Anyway, I cancelled because i wasn't using it often enough to make it worthwhile.

    Also I never had problems downloading a ton of torrents directly without a VPN so no need either.

    With that said "IP Vanish" was rated on of the top services and I thought it was outstanding; many servers throughout the world, fast servers, great software with a really good interface and super easy to use and only $9 a month and you can canel anytime within a week and get your money back. I also used "Nord VPN" a couple years ago and it was good too.
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 10:48 AM ET #5

    i searched around and the one i use got good reviews and isn't one of the cheap ones so i assume it's pretty solid. 

    unless it's really slow, i don't care much about speed as i don't watch movies or anything like that one the computer or my phone.  i'm mainly looking for privacy, especially these days when who knows what websites are doing with your information.  an added bonus might be using a book that i otherwise couldn't use. 
    Reply
    i searched around and the one i use got good reviews and isn't one of the cheap ones so i assume it's pretty solid. 

    unless it's really slow, i don't care much about speed as i don't watch movies or anything like that one the computer or my phone.  i'm mainly looking for privacy, especially these days when who knows what websites are doing with your information.  an added bonus might be using a book that i otherwise couldn't use. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 10:52 AM ET #6


    Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! 
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 2:39 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS!

    That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so..

    Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me..

    Get on the phone GG!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS!

    That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so..

    Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me..

    Get on the phone GG!

     
    hillardoh1
    hillardoh1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 2669
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 2:59 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose: Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so.. Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me.. Get on the phone GG!
    who the hell needs the NFL channel except for like some of the college ball games. I think they play the shriner bowl and the senior bowl as well as combine coverage and draft coverage. Other than that its pretty average and I get the same kind of coverage of games else where. I would rather watch local teams or go to a bar and watch for free.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose: Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so.. Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me.. Get on the phone GG!
    who the hell needs the NFL channel except for like some of the college ball games. I think they play the shriner bowl and the senior bowl as well as combine coverage and draft coverage. Other than that its pretty average and I get the same kind of coverage of games else where. I would rather watch local teams or go to a bar and watch for free.

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 3:00 PM ET #9


    We have Frontier and we have every possible channel.  You forget I'm married to a Diva.  Wifey has all the bells and whistles.  Of course she had to get the iPhone 10 when it came out.  When there's an iPhone11 she'll be first in line to get that next.  You have to pick your battles and this is one I'm willing to lose instead of upgrading her 2014 Mercedes to a 2018.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    We have Frontier and we have every possible channel.  You forget I'm married to a Diva.  Wifey has all the bells and whistles.  Of course she had to get the iPhone 10 when it came out.  When there's an iPhone11 she'll be first in line to get that next.  You have to pick your battles and this is one I'm willing to lose instead of upgrading her 2014 Mercedes to a 2018.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 3:46 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    We have Frontier and we have every possible channel.  You forget I'm married to a Diva.  Wifey has all the bells and whistles.  Of course she had to get the iPhone 10 when it came out.  When there's an iPhone11 she'll be first in line to get that next.  You have to pick your battles and this is one I'm willing to lose instead of upgrading her 2014 Mercedes to a 2018.

    Call cable company, tell them you want to talk to cancellation dept.  Tell them you have priced DirecTV, and unless they give you a discout you are going to take your business elsewhere.

    You wont have to actually cancel, but chances are very good you will get a significant discount.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    We have Frontier and we have every possible channel.  You forget I'm married to a Diva.  Wifey has all the bells and whistles.  Of course she had to get the iPhone 10 when it came out.  When there's an iPhone11 she'll be first in line to get that next.  You have to pick your battles and this is one I'm willing to lose instead of upgrading her 2014 Mercedes to a 2018.

    Call cable company, tell them you want to talk to cancellation dept.  Tell them you have priced DirecTV, and unless they give you a discout you are going to take your business elsewhere.

    You wont have to actually cancel, but chances are very good you will get a significant discount.

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 4:11 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Call cable company, tell them you want to talk to cancellation dept.  Tell them you have priced DirecTV, and unless they give you a discount you are going to take your business elsewhere.

    You wont have to actually cancel, but chances are very good you will get a significant discount.



    I'll give it a shot.  The squeaky wheel always gets the oil. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Call cable company, tell them you want to talk to cancellation dept.  Tell them you have priced DirecTV, and unless they give you a discount you are going to take your business elsewhere.

    You wont have to actually cancel, but chances are very good you will get a significant discount.



    I'll give it a shot.  The squeaky wheel always gets the oil. 
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 5:29 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by hillardoh1:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by jamesxnj: QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose: Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so.. Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me.. Get on the phone GG! who the hell needs the NFL channel except for like some of the college ball games. I think they play the shriner bowl and the senior bowl as well as combine coverage and draft coverage. Other than that its pretty average and I get the same kind of coverage of games else where. I would rather watch local teams or go to a bar and watch for free.

    Its packaged with the RedZone and I need that every Sunday.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by hillardoh1:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by jamesxnj: QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose: Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so.. Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me.. Get on the phone GG! who the hell needs the NFL channel except for like some of the college ball games. I think they play the shriner bowl and the senior bowl as well as combine coverage and draft coverage. Other than that its pretty average and I get the same kind of coverage of games else where. I would rather watch local teams or go to a bar and watch for free.

    Its packaged with the RedZone and I need that every Sunday.

     
    hillardoh1
    hillardoh1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 2669
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 6:41 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by hillardoh1: QUOTE Originally Posted by jamesxnj: QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose: Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so.. Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me.. Get on the phone GG! who the hell needs the NFL channel except for like some of the college ball games. I think they play the shriner bowl and the senior bowl as well as combine coverage and draft coverage. Other than that its pretty average and I get the same kind of coverage of games else where. I would rather watch local teams or go to a bar and watch for free. Its packaged with the RedZone and I need that every Sunday.
    i dont really care for watching redzone when the games are edited. Too much information you could miss out on.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by hillardoh1: QUOTE Originally Posted by jamesxnj: QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose: Your VPN still has a traceable IP address so it depends where it's based.  I like the idea of otherwise being invisible on the internet and am sick of getting ripped off by my cable company.  $260 a month for TV, Phone, Internet.  That is BS! That $ is outrageous..I'm kinda versed in how to be a PIA to the cable co (Comcast)..Ya gotta call,threaten to cancel,ya gotta better deal from a dish provider etc..Takes all day sometimes but they will/should knock something off that bill.I have the same as you but with no paid HBO Sho but get Starz I don't even want and it's around $150 and I'm kinda stuck there without buying my own modem and setting that up to save $10 a month or so.. Last time I called them to lower the bill I got some douche on the line and dropped a f bomb and he hung up on me..tried again and got somebody to listen and said I want X AND X removed and that was that.I was supposed to replace a box at the store and never did and still have the NFL channel and now starz which sucks but the bill came down..I think with one keystroke on her computer she took care of me.. Get on the phone GG! who the hell needs the NFL channel except for like some of the college ball games. I think they play the shriner bowl and the senior bowl as well as combine coverage and draft coverage. Other than that its pretty average and I get the same kind of coverage of games else where. I would rather watch local teams or go to a bar and watch for free. Its packaged with the RedZone and I need that every Sunday.
    i dont really care for watching redzone when the games are edited. Too much information you could miss out on.

     
    Hishmad
    Hishmad
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 5
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2018 - 4:08 AM ET #14

    I am using HMA! Pro VPN - most of the countries you can choose from are in Europe and SoftEther VPN Client Manager - most of the countries here are in Asia -- If you are in USA and want to have a VPN from another continent - I think that this 2 will help you.
    Reply
    I am using HMA! Pro VPN - most of the countries you can choose from are in Europe and SoftEther VPN Client Manager - most of the countries here are in Asia -- If you are in USA and want to have a VPN from another continent - I think that this 2 will help you.
     
     
    Lissa
    Lissa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2018
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2018 - 8:10 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Hishmad:

    I am using HMA! Pro VPN - most of the countries you can choose from are in Europe and SoftEther VPN Client Manager - most of the countries here are in Asia -- If you are in USA and want to have a VPN from another continent - I think that this 2 will help you.

     

    How would you compare HMA Pro VPN with IP Vanish?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Hishmad:

    I am using HMA! Pro VPN - most of the countries you can choose from are in Europe and SoftEther VPN Client Manager - most of the countries here are in Asia -- If you are in USA and want to have a VPN from another continent - I think that this 2 will help you.

     

    How would you compare HMA Pro VPN with IP Vanish?

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,893
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,610
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,961
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,288
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,363
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,267
    • Week 6 Money 5,874
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,149

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.