• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Venting about soccer

    Jwhite77
    TheGoldenGoose
    StumpTownStu
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 168
    Posts: 3
     
    Jwhite77
    Jwhite77
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 656
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2019 - 11:01 AM ET #1

    Ok so I am an idiot amateur soccer cappper. I mostly tail the good ones on here (spec, settle, Cody, etc etc.).  I love watching but just don’t know enough to truly cap especially smaller global matches.  I actually do pretty well and eke out profits by tailing or occasionally picking my own games (especially in champions and euro league and cup matches).  Also I have a good amount of success in round robining draws in 3/4 matches at a time.   This is a cheap out lay with huge pay outs and fun.  Yesterday, I had several dimes easy riding on two final matches (after having luckily nailed a handful or early draws).   Aston villa 1-1 after Normal time and reading nil nil after normal time.  Already plotting my dimes of profit into college football when I check flashscore to confirm my results and see a f$&@ing goal in the 95th of Aston villa match and even worse a mother f$&@ing goal in the 99th minute of the reading match.  I am NOT a conspiracy black helicopter guy.  I know how soccer works (to a point).  My daughter plays D1 and my son most likely will.  (I grew up playing “american” sports primarily baseball—god do I miss it and hated it when my son quit to focus on soccer).  Anyway, I have learned to love it. Now finding myself watching it more than any other sport recreationally. Once you learn just a little about it, it’s so much more entertaining.  And I know like 40% of what you guys do.  The time investment is short and sweet and awesome.   The rivalries and the transfers and all the intense leagues and cups and tourneys are so fun to get into.  God I hate that the American men suck so bad.  Gotta be the coach right????  I mean our talent isn’t that bad now is it????  I know the system in general had major flaws too.  ANYWAY....sometimes it really does seem like just maybe it has the most “fixability” (except maybe tennis).  Don’t get me wrong. Just because I lost those two matches yesterday, I don’t think that they were fixed.  When people say shit is fixed, I usually say well it should even out in your favor right.  The fix won’t always go against you.  But the main reason I am venting and sharing this is I hoped that some of you soccer lifers had some input for me.  How bad does fixing come into play?  Is it refs mostly, players, both, neither?  These f$&@9’g goals in obscene amount so f stoppage time that just keeps going  makes me wonder and makes me want to strangle someone!!!!  5 minutes is maddening but ok not totally ridiculous.  But 9 minutes of stoppage and then to have the tie broken in the last minute.  Cmon!?!  Am i stupid and crazy???  Sorry just wanted some input from people I respect and people that might actually know.  None of my other american soccer dads have a clue about anything!    Appreciate any feedback at all.  Thanks for all of this if you who share lots of good info!!!

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Ok so I am an idiot amateur soccer cappper. I mostly tail the good ones on here (spec, settle, Cody, etc etc.).  I love watching but just don’t know enough to truly cap especially smaller global matches.  I actually do pretty well and eke out profits by tailing or occasionally picking my own games (especially in champions and euro league and cup matches).  Also I have a good amount of success in round robining draws in 3/4 matches at a time.   This is a cheap out lay with huge pay outs and fun.  Yesterday, I had several dimes easy riding on two final matches (after having luckily nailed a handful or early draws).   Aston villa 1-1 after Normal time and reading nil nil after normal time.  Already plotting my dimes of profit into college football when I check flashscore to confirm my results and see a f$&@ing goal in the 95th of Aston villa match and even worse a mother f$&@ing goal in the 99th minute of the reading match.  I am NOT a conspiracy black helicopter guy.  I know how soccer works (to a point).  My daughter plays D1 and my son most likely will.  (I grew up playing “american” sports primarily baseball—god do I miss it and hated it when my son quit to focus on soccer).  Anyway, I have learned to love it. Now finding myself watching it more than any other sport recreationally. Once you learn just a little about it, it’s so much more entertaining.  And I know like 40% of what you guys do.  The time investment is short and sweet and awesome.   The rivalries and the transfers and all the intense leagues and cups and tourneys are so fun to get into.  God I hate that the American men suck so bad.  Gotta be the coach right????  I mean our talent isn’t that bad now is it????  I know the system in general had major flaws too.  ANYWAY....sometimes it really does seem like just maybe it has the most “fixability” (except maybe tennis).  Don’t get me wrong. Just because I lost those two matches yesterday, I don’t think that they were fixed.  When people say shit is fixed, I usually say well it should even out in your favor right.  The fix won’t always go against you.  But the main reason I am venting and sharing this is I hoped that some of you soccer lifers had some input for me.  How bad does fixing come into play?  Is it refs mostly, players, both, neither?  These f$&@9’g goals in obscene amount so f stoppage time that just keeps going  makes me wonder and makes me want to strangle someone!!!!  5 minutes is maddening but ok not totally ridiculous.  But 9 minutes of stoppage and then to have the tie broken in the last minute.  Cmon!?!  Am i stupid and crazy???  Sorry just wanted some input from people I respect and people that might actually know.  None of my other american soccer dads have a clue about anything!    Appreciate any feedback at all.  Thanks for all of this if you who share lots of good info!!!

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2019 - 9:21 PM ET #2

    Nobody answering you so I’ll give you my input on soccer FWIW. 

    My son began his soccer games at age 7.  They played a 10 game season and their record was 0-9-1.  The tie game was 1-1.  My son scored the lone goal.  He scored 6 more goals on the season but they lost every game.  No support.  My son scored the only 7 goals on the season and NOBODY else on the team ever scored. 

    FTS.  My son had a rocket right arm so I taught him baseball pitching mechanics and he gave up soccer for baseball.  Great move.  He excelled and could field and hit as well.  Best move we ever made.  

    IMHO baseball is the best sport on Planet Earth. You have to throw, catch, hit, run.  Soccer is the most easily fixed professional sport. 



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Nobody answering you so I’ll give you my input on soccer FWIW. 

    My son began his soccer games at age 7.  They played a 10 game season and their record was 0-9-1.  The tie game was 1-1.  My son scored the lone goal.  He scored 6 more goals on the season but they lost every game.  No support.  My son scored the only 7 goals on the season and NOBODY else on the team ever scored. 

    FTS.  My son had a rocket right arm so I taught him baseball pitching mechanics and he gave up soccer for baseball.  Great move.  He excelled and could field and hit as well.  Best move we ever made.  

    IMHO baseball is the best sport on Planet Earth. You have to throw, catch, hit, run.  Soccer is the most easily fixed professional sport. 



     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2019 - 3:12 AM ET #3

    So if I understand your treatise correctly, you're straight but both your son and daughter are "meh" and you've been kind of experimenting so maybe you're a little bi-curious. Correct? Rock&Roll. If it gets the kids some free college, who cares if your daughter brings home a girlfriend before your son does. And besides, i'm sure your son's "buddy" is a very nice young man. Probably should have got him into the football that involves hands though. Or baseball. America's pasttime.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    So if I understand your treatise correctly, you're straight but both your son and daughter are "meh" and you've been kind of experimenting so maybe you're a little bi-curious. Correct? Rock&Roll. If it gets the kids some free college, who cares if your daughter brings home a girlfriend before your son does. And besides, i'm sure your son's "buddy" is a very nice young man. Probably should have got him into the football that involves hands though. Or baseball. America's pasttime.

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,885
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 444
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,600
    • MLB Playoffs 16,911
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,195
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,245
    • Week 6 Money 5,601
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.