If you were brand new to capping, where would you start? Right now I am following other people's picks and want to learn all about capping. Obviously hockey is essentially over, and probably too late in the season to get proficient in baseball, so let's use football as a starting place.
Trying to learn to cap
Don't follow others people's picks. Make your own. Track said picks. Keep notes. Find a handful of teams and/or conferences and learn them inside and out. Decide what kind of capper you want to be. A trend capper. An angle capper. An X's & O's guy. Decide what capping sites/resources you want to utilize and familarize yourself with their layouts. Eventually you put it all together. My best advice is to don't bet heavily to start. Even if you can afford it. How old are you? Maybe don't even start. Maybe that's the best advice.
Don't follow others people's picks. Make your own. Track said picks. Keep notes. Find a handful of teams and/or conferences and learn them inside and out. Decide what kind of capper you want to be. A trend capper. An angle capper. An X's & O's guy. Decide what capping sites/resources you want to utilize and familarize yourself with their layouts. Eventually you put it all together. My best advice is to don't bet heavily to start. Even if you can afford it. How old are you? Maybe don't even start. Maybe that's the best advice.
Thanks StumpTownStu. Yeah, I am 44 so old enough to know better. I have had good luck in the past following people, but by the same token, I have lost it all as well. Your info is a great starting place. Will spend some time on google and look things up. As far as not doing this at all, unfortunately, I really do enjoy the thrill of betting. It makes the games much more interesting to watch, basically, when my team is doing poorly it still gives me a reason to watch them.
Thanks StumpTownStu. Yeah, I am 44 so old enough to know better. I have had good luck in the past following people, but by the same token, I have lost it all as well. Your info is a great starting place. Will spend some time on google and look things up. As far as not doing this at all, unfortunately, I really do enjoy the thrill of betting. It makes the games much more interesting to watch, basically, when my team is doing poorly it still gives me a reason to watch them.
I agree with Stu; don't follow others. Learn from picking your own winners/losers.
Try this...pick5 college/pro football games but do not bet them. Make notes as to why you made those choices.
After the games see how you would have done & see which wagering angles worked best for you. Read as much data as you can.
When you start, keep a bottle of antacids within arms reach.
Good luck!
![]()
I agree with Stu; don't follow others. Learn from picking your own winners/losers.
Try this...pick5 college/pro football games but do not bet them. Make notes as to why you made those choices.
After the games see how you would have done & see which wagering angles worked best for you. Read as much data as you can.
When you start, keep a bottle of antacids within arms reach.
Good luck!
![]()
Thanks for the advice Midnight. I will start with the 5 NFL games and let you know how I do. :) Did start doing a lot of reading last night and will continue. And nod. My problem in the past was I followed others, now I want to read what others say, but only after I have formed my own opinion. Maybe they see and angle I missed.
Thanks for the advice Midnight. I will start with the 5 NFL games and let you know how I do. :) Did start doing a lot of reading last night and will continue. And nod. My problem in the past was I followed others, now I want to read what others say, but only after I have formed my own opinion. Maybe they see and angle I missed.
Here's one factoid for you regarding the Cowboys/Seahawks game where Seattle is favored by 5 at home....the Seahawks have not won a home game by more than a touchdown since Week 14 of the 2018 season.
But the big question is...does that trend continue or does it end Sunday?
Here's one factoid for you regarding the Cowboys/Seahawks game where Seattle is favored by 5 at home....the Seahawks have not won a home game by more than a touchdown since Week 14 of the 2018 season.
But the big question is...does that trend continue or does it end Sunday?
Pick one team. Learn everything you can about them. Follow their local media. Then bet on or against that one team every single week. One bet per week. Twenty percent of your bankroll.
Pick one team. Learn everything you can about them. Follow their local media. Then bet on or against that one team every single week. One bet per week. Twenty percent of your bankroll.
Here's one factoid for you regarding the Cowboys/Seahawks game where Seattle is favored by 5 at home....the Seahawks have not won a home game by more than a touchdown since Week 14 of the 2018 season. But the big question is...does that trend continue or does it end Sunday?
That is obviously a good question. I live in the Dallas area and while they have a good team they don't have a great team. I believe the whole "America's team" crap has a ton betting on them just because. I need to look to make sure of who is playing, factor in injuries, etc, but gut says go with Seahawks to buck the trend.
Here's one factoid for you regarding the Cowboys/Seahawks game where Seattle is favored by 5 at home....the Seahawks have not won a home game by more than a touchdown since Week 14 of the 2018 season. But the big question is...does that trend continue or does it end Sunday?
That is obviously a good question. I live in the Dallas area and while they have a good team they don't have a great team. I believe the whole "America's team" crap has a ton betting on them just because. I need to look to make sure of who is playing, factor in injuries, etc, but gut says go with Seahawks to buck the trend.
Pick one team. Learn everything you can about them. Follow their local media. Then bet on or against that one team every single week. One bet per week. Twenty percent of your bankroll.
Will pick 2 teams. I love my Bengals and I despise the Cowboys. But since the Cowboys are the hometown team it is easy to talk to people and learn a ton about them. :) But thanks for the idea. (Best part is the Cowboys play the Bengals this season, so if those are the teams I know everything about that knowledge should be easy to implement.
Pick one team. Learn everything you can about them. Follow their local media. Then bet on or against that one team every single week. One bet per week. Twenty percent of your bankroll.
Will pick 2 teams. I love my Bengals and I despise the Cowboys. But since the Cowboys are the hometown team it is easy to talk to people and learn a ton about them. :) But thanks for the idea. (Best part is the Cowboys play the Bengals this season, so if those are the teams I know everything about that knowledge should be easy to implement.
Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone: Pick one team. Learn everything you can about them. Follow their local media. Then bet on or against that one team every single week. One bet per week. Twenty percent of your bankroll. Will pick 2 teams. I love my Bengals and I despise the Cowboys. But since the Cowboys are the hometown team it is easy to talk to people and learn a ton about them. :) But thanks for the idea. (Best part is the Cowboys play the Bengals this season, so if those are the teams I know everything about that knowledge should be easy to implement.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone: Pick one team. Learn everything you can about them. Follow their local media. Then bet on or against that one team every single week. One bet per week. Twenty percent of your bankroll. Will pick 2 teams. I love my Bengals and I despise the Cowboys. But since the Cowboys are the hometown team it is easy to talk to people and learn a ton about them. :) But thanks for the idea. (Best part is the Cowboys play the Bengals this season, so if those are the teams I know everything about that knowledge should be easy to implement.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
