• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Tips/Advice for moving to Las Vegas

    mapec101
    lennon65
    The Hawk
    BWS77
    bejabbers
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3824
    Posts: 24
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 1:39 PM ET #1

    Hi all.  I used to have a Covers account but it has been a while since I used it and forget/lost my name and email.  That explains why this is my first post.

    I live in New Jersey and have been seriously thinking about moving to Vegas.  In a way it's to get a 'fresh start'.  I've always had a passion for working at a sportsbook, especially after finding out I'm a shitty gambler haha.  I've asked around, including a few people involved in the Vegas scene.  Surprisingly, there's been much pushback and little encouragement.  Not to sound corny but I've heard so many people state to pursue your passion.  Why is this different?

    I'm seeking tips and advice for uprooting from NJ and moving to Vegas.  How much money should I bring (I've heard 3-6 months worth if looking for a job), what casinos are recommended for getting a job (looking to start out as a ticket writer), what apartment complexes to look into, etc.  I've been doing some of this myself for a few weeks but want/need help from others, especially those who may have experienced such a move.  Any helpful commentary is appreciated; even sharing other threads or articles would be useful.  I haven't made my decision yet, and this idea didn't come about because I thought it would be 'cool' to live in Vegas.  I'm serious about it but been having difficultly researching as it's something I've never done before.

    I'm happy to answer any questions as well.

    Thanks in advance.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Hi all.  I used to have a Covers account but it has been a while since I used it and forget/lost my name and email.  That explains why this is my first post.

    I live in New Jersey and have been seriously thinking about moving to Vegas.  In a way it's to get a 'fresh start'.  I've always had a passion for working at a sportsbook, especially after finding out I'm a shitty gambler haha.  I've asked around, including a few people involved in the Vegas scene.  Surprisingly, there's been much pushback and little encouragement.  Not to sound corny but I've heard so many people state to pursue your passion.  Why is this different?

    I'm seeking tips and advice for uprooting from NJ and moving to Vegas.  How much money should I bring (I've heard 3-6 months worth if looking for a job), what casinos are recommended for getting a job (looking to start out as a ticket writer), what apartment complexes to look into, etc.  I've been doing some of this myself for a few weeks but want/need help from others, especially those who may have experienced such a move.  Any helpful commentary is appreciated; even sharing other threads or articles would be useful.  I haven't made my decision yet, and this idea didn't come about because I thought it would be 'cool' to live in Vegas.  I'm serious about it but been having difficultly researching as it's something I've never done before.

    I'm happy to answer any questions as well.

    Thanks in advance.
     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 1:49 PM ET #2

    Summerlin and Henderson are good areas. Stay out of North Las Vegas. It's a Ghetto.

    GL on your Journey.
    Reply
    Summerlin and Henderson are good areas. Stay out of North Las Vegas. It's a Ghetto.

    GL on your Journey.
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 2:00 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    Summerlin and Henderson are good areas. Stay out of North Las Vegas. It's a Ghetto.

    GL on your Journey.

    Thanks lennon.  A few of the places I was looking into are located in Henderson.  Seems like a nice area.

    Also, happy birthday 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    Summerlin and Henderson are good areas. Stay out of North Las Vegas. It's a Ghetto.

    GL on your Journey.

    Thanks lennon.  A few of the places I was looking into are located in Henderson.  Seems like a nice area.

    Also, happy birthday 
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 3:36 PM ET #4

    CG?
    Reply
    CG?
     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 4:58 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by mapec101:


    Thanks lennon.  A few of the places I was looking into are located in Henderson.  Seems like a nice area.

    Also, happy birthday 



    Would have been 77 today.thanks for the acknowledgement.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mapec101:


    Thanks lennon.  A few of the places I was looking into are located in Henderson.  Seems like a nice area.

    Also, happy birthday 



    Would have been 77 today.thanks for the acknowledgement.




     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 5:23 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    CG?


    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=12&sub=102030309

    The ultimate guide of how NOT to do it
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    CG?


    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=12&sub=102030309

    The ultimate guide of how NOT to do it
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 5:45 PM ET #7

    Don't become this guy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuytExBI8fs

    Reply
    Don't become this guy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuytExBI8fs

     
    bejabbers
    bejabbers
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 823
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 6:26 PM ET #8

    ...and always remember:  Keep your head down!
    Reply
    ...and always remember:  Keep your head down!
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 6:30 PM ET #9

    Summerlin
    You should make the move. Cost of living is half what Jersey is. Plus Jersey is a shiit hole. Not too sure what a good place would be to write tickets. They all seem to like their jobs out here in the desert.  I don't ask them what they make or what their benefits are, so no help there. I'm sure its all a union environment
    Reply
    Summerlin
    You should make the move. Cost of living is half what Jersey is. Plus Jersey is a shiit hole. Not too sure what a good place would be to write tickets. They all seem to like their jobs out here in the desert.  I don't ask them what they make or what their benefits are, so no help there. I'm sure its all a union environment
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 7:08 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    Summerlin
    You should make the move. Cost of living is half what Jersey is. Plus Jersey is a shiit hole. Not too sure what a good place would be to write tickets. They all seem to like their jobs out here in the desert.  I don't ask them what they make or what their benefits are, so no help there. I'm sure its all a union environment

    Thanks for the advice.  Now have Summerlin and Henderson on top of my list.  

    Jersey is a bit of shithole haha.  I know pay is low for ticket writers (there are benefits though), but it's the best way to get my foot in the door.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    Summerlin
    You should make the move. Cost of living is half what Jersey is. Plus Jersey is a shiit hole. Not too sure what a good place would be to write tickets. They all seem to like their jobs out here in the desert.  I don't ask them what they make or what their benefits are, so no help there. I'm sure its all a union environment

    Thanks for the advice.  Now have Summerlin and Henderson on top of my list.  

    Jersey is a bit of shithole haha.  I know pay is low for ticket writers (there are benefits though), but it's the best way to get my foot in the door.
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 7:11 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    CG?

    Had no idea what you were talking about until BWS77 shared that dude's thread.  I'm not him, and judging BWSs youtube link I'm grateful for not being him.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    CG?

    Had no idea what you were talking about until BWS77 shared that dude's thread.  I'm not him, and judging BWSs youtube link I'm grateful for not being him.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 7:39 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    Don't become this guy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuytExBI8fs




    Or this guy:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=27&sub=102417081&page=1
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    Don't become this guy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuytExBI8fs




    Or this guy:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=27&sub=102417081&page=1
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 7:40 PM ET #13

    Anyone in the mood for tilapia and big salads?
    Reply
    Anyone in the mood for tilapia and big salads?
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2017 - 10:23 PM ET #14

    Or Asian milfs 
    Reply
    Or Asian milfs 
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2017 - 2:35 PM ET #15

    You're going to move halfway across the country to work at the sh*ttist job in the casino that has 0 tips and you DON'T bet sports??
    What do you think you are getting your foot in the door in for?
    This isn't McDonalds,you will be hired as a ticket writer and you will be always looked at as a ticket writer.
    There aren't any underpaid grunt jobs in the casinos in AtlanticCity??
    Reply
    You're going to move halfway across the country to work at the sh*ttist job in the casino that has 0 tips and you DON'T bet sports??
    What do you think you are getting your foot in the door in for?
    This isn't McDonalds,you will be hired as a ticket writer and you will be always looked at as a ticket writer.
    There aren't any underpaid grunt jobs in the casinos in AtlanticCity??
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2017 - 2:35 PM ET #16

    What do you do for a living in NJ?

    I don't think you can just knock on the door of a casino's HR dept and get a job in a sportsbook right off the bat,now if you worked at MP or the Meadowlands punching tickets that would be a huge help.

    I've thought about it also many times and Summerlin somewhere around W.Charleston would be where I would go first with enough $$ to last a year for expenses (Not Gambling $) But I have gotten to old to pick up and leave.Moved from NJ to FL years ago and no regrets.Still on East Coast time and no real winter to speak of..and Vegas remains a special getaway place and once in awhile AC cause you can take the boy out of Jersey but never take the Jersey out of the boy.

    Have you been to Vegas enough to see what living there through the seasons is like? Where in NJ do you live,do you lock your car when you go into your local Wawa/7-11 ? How old are you I wonder?  Anyway GL

    Reply

    What do you do for a living in NJ?

    I don't think you can just knock on the door of a casino's HR dept and get a job in a sportsbook right off the bat,now if you worked at MP or the Meadowlands punching tickets that would be a huge help.

    I've thought about it also many times and Summerlin somewhere around W.Charleston would be where I would go first with enough $$ to last a year for expenses (Not Gambling $) But I have gotten to old to pick up and leave.Moved from NJ to FL years ago and no regrets.Still on East Coast time and no real winter to speak of..and Vegas remains a special getaway place and once in awhile AC cause you can take the boy out of Jersey but never take the Jersey out of the boy.

    Have you been to Vegas enough to see what living there through the seasons is like? Where in NJ do you live,do you lock your car when you go into your local Wawa/7-11 ? How old are you I wonder?  Anyway GL

     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2017 - 5:35 PM ET #17

    You don't have to go all the way to Vegas to fulfill your passion of working at a Sportsbook.

    Are there any other reasons you want to move out there?
    Reply
    You don't have to go all the way to Vegas to fulfill your passion of working at a Sportsbook.

    Are there any other reasons you want to move out there?
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2017 - 8:25 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    What do you do for a living in NJ?

    I don't think you can just knock on the door of a casino's HR dept and get a job in a sportsbook right off the bat,now if you worked at MP or the Meadowlands punching tickets that would be a huge help.

    I've thought about it also many times and Summerlin somewhere around W.Charleston would be where I would go first with enough $$ to last a year for expenses (Not Gambling $) But I have gotten to old to pick up and leave.Moved from NJ to FL years ago and no regrets.Still on East Coast time and no real winter to speak of..and Vegas remains a special getaway place and once in awhile AC cause you can take the boy out of Jersey but never take the Jersey out of the boy.

    Have you been to Vegas enough to see what living there through the seasons is like? Where in NJ do you live,do you lock your car when you go into your local Wawa/7-11 ? How old are you I wonder?  Anyway GL


    I appreciate the response.  I'm 28, live about an hour from AC, and have been working at a family-owned car dealership for some years now.  I'm not a fan of the business but was basically handed the job.  I'm thankful for it but want to do something I'm interested in.  Never lived in Vegas, only went for a 5-day trip when I was in my early 20s to enjoy some gambling. 
    I understand this would be a huge undertaking.  No decision has been made; I'm more or less checking its feasibilty.

    Also, I know there will be a Supreme Court hearing about overturning PAPSA (I believe this month).  A decision won't be made until probably mid-2018. If, and that's a big "if", sports betting gets legalized in NJ in any capacity I'd assume it wouldn't take into effect till at least some time 2019 -- that's a while away.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    What do you do for a living in NJ?

    I don't think you can just knock on the door of a casino's HR dept and get a job in a sportsbook right off the bat,now if you worked at MP or the Meadowlands punching tickets that would be a huge help.

    I've thought about it also many times and Summerlin somewhere around W.Charleston would be where I would go first with enough $$ to last a year for expenses (Not Gambling $) But I have gotten to old to pick up and leave.Moved from NJ to FL years ago and no regrets.Still on East Coast time and no real winter to speak of..and Vegas remains a special getaway place and once in awhile AC cause you can take the boy out of Jersey but never take the Jersey out of the boy.

    Have you been to Vegas enough to see what living there through the seasons is like? Where in NJ do you live,do you lock your car when you go into your local Wawa/7-11 ? How old are you I wonder?  Anyway GL


    I appreciate the response.  I'm 28, live about an hour from AC, and have been working at a family-owned car dealership for some years now.  I'm not a fan of the business but was basically handed the job.  I'm thankful for it but want to do something I'm interested in.  Never lived in Vegas, only went for a 5-day trip when I was in my early 20s to enjoy some gambling. 
    I understand this would be a huge undertaking.  No decision has been made; I'm more or less checking its feasibilty.

    Also, I know there will be a Supreme Court hearing about overturning PAPSA (I believe this month).  A decision won't be made until probably mid-2018. If, and that's a big "if", sports betting gets legalized in NJ in any capacity I'd assume it wouldn't take into effect till at least some time 2019 -- that's a while away.
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2017 - 8:38 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    You don't have to go all the way to Vegas to fulfill your passion of working at a Sportsbook.

    Are there any other reasons you want to move out there?

    Good question.  Vegas is such a unique town.  When I took a trip there some years back I really enjoyed my time there, even though it was short-lived.  The scenery, people, weather, and overall atmosphere was great.  Cost of living is lower.  Also, living in NJ my whole life, I feel Vegas would be an ugrade.  I know that line opens up for a lot of jokes haha.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    You don't have to go all the way to Vegas to fulfill your passion of working at a Sportsbook.

    Are there any other reasons you want to move out there?

    Good question.  Vegas is such a unique town.  When I took a trip there some years back I really enjoyed my time there, even though it was short-lived.  The scenery, people, weather, and overall atmosphere was great.  Cost of living is lower.  Also, living in NJ my whole life, I feel Vegas would be an ugrade.  I know that line opens up for a lot of jokes haha.
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2017 - 1:38 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=102508762

    I checked it out; good thread. Very interested in seeing how everything plays out. an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/POST01/showmessage.aspx?spt=35&sub=102508762

    I checked it out; good thread. Very interested in seeing how everything plays out. an_cheers

     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2017 - 12:31 AM ET #21

    I would make the move. Jersey is a shiit hole. Vegas' economy is booming right now. Low cost of living, low taxes, great weather. Lots of hot pusssy running around town. Here's a tip though, stay away from the slot machines, and don't date strippers
    Reply
    I would make the move. Jersey is a shiit hole. Vegas' economy is booming right now. Low cost of living, low taxes, great weather. Lots of hot pusssy running around town. Here's a tip though, stay away from the slot machines, and don't date strippers
     
    mapec101
    mapec101
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2017 - 9:25 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    I would make the move. Jersey is a shiit hole. Vegas' economy is booming right now. Low cost of living, low taxes, great weather. Lots of hot pusssy running around town. Here's a tip though, stay away from the slot machines, and don't date strippers

    Haha thanks for the tips. You sound like a few buddies of mine. peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    I would make the move. Jersey is a shiit hole. Vegas' economy is booming right now. Low cost of living, low taxes, great weather. Lots of hot pusssy running around town. Here's a tip though, stay away from the slot machines, and don't date strippers

    Haha thanks for the tips. You sound like a few buddies of mine. peace_5

     
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    DUDE-I-TOLD-YOU
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1286
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2017 - 10:27 PM ET #23

    Hyundai C-G!


    ANNND


    WorthlessGekko!


    Reply
    Hyundai C-G!


    ANNND


    WorthlessGekko!


     
     
    BillyJones
    BillyJones
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 194
    Posted: Oct. 30, 2017 - 11:47 AM ET #24

    If moving to Las Vegas...live in Las Vegas. You are 28 yrs. old,.. Forget about Summerlin and Henderson/green Valley...Get Yourself an apartment on Koval Lane...Maybe the DesertClub or on Tropicana Ave...(up and down that street there is about 20 different complex's)...close to the strip. Join the culinary union....Find a job that is union........before You know it.......You have  lived there 20 years and you have a nice pension in your pocket.  Hotels love new blood as hire's......If you are a good worker you will find a job.  Its very corporate now....plug your nose and just do some of the required classes and crap they make you do......Squirell away some money from day one.....10/20 dollars a day from your tips......Do the math on that one. (working 20yrs)

    Good luck......... still a great place to live......not like it was before the Corps took over 20 years ago and the Cali people moved over...

    .Oh yea...There are some beautiful women  in that City. ha.!!

    Do it!!
    Reply
    If moving to Las Vegas...live in Las Vegas. You are 28 yrs. old,.. Forget about Summerlin and Henderson/green Valley...Get Yourself an apartment on Koval Lane...Maybe the DesertClub or on Tropicana Ave...(up and down that street there is about 20 different complex's)...close to the strip. Join the culinary union....Find a job that is union........before You know it.......You have  lived there 20 years and you have a nice pension in your pocket.  Hotels love new blood as hire's......If you are a good worker you will find a job.  Its very corporate now....plug your nose and just do some of the required classes and crap they make you do......Squirell away some money from day one.....10/20 dollars a day from your tips......Do the math on that one. (working 20yrs)

    Good luck......... still a great place to live......not like it was before the Corps took over 20 years ago and the Cali people moved over...

    .Oh yea...There are some beautiful women  in that City. ha.!!

    Do it!!
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,903
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,617
    • MLB Playoffs 16,980
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,341
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 250
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,272
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,155

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.