this shit hurts
tips that actually WORK for gout????
as mentioned already gallons of water, no alcohol.
Cherries and apple cider vinegar
And if you can get your hands on it...colchicine
as mentioned already gallons of water, no alcohol.
Cherries and apple cider vinegar
And if you can get your hands on it...colchicine
I sadly suffer from the same dilemma. Watch your intake of foods with a "high purine content" this means now you have to eat in moderation the things you like the most. Red meat, chicken (avoid breast meat, legs and thighs are okay) fish and good seafoods are now limited as well. Wean yourself from soda if you can...if not again MODERATION is the key, drink half and save the other half for tomorrow. (make certain foods and things a treat for "good behavior") it will help you in the long run. Drink plenty of water and if you don't exercise it would be a good idea to start. They have me on colchicine as one commenter said above and allopurinol.
FYI-Gout is a form of arthritis so be forewarned again, exercise and diet are two things most important to you now. Good luck and God bless.
I sadly suffer from the same dilemma. Watch your intake of foods with a "high purine content" this means now you have to eat in moderation the things you like the most. Red meat, chicken (avoid breast meat, legs and thighs are okay) fish and good seafoods are now limited as well. Wean yourself from soda if you can...if not again MODERATION is the key, drink half and save the other half for tomorrow. (make certain foods and things a treat for "good behavior") it will help you in the long run. Drink plenty of water and if you don't exercise it would be a good idea to start. They have me on colchicine as one commenter said above and allopurinol.
FYI-Gout is a form of arthritis so be forewarned again, exercise and diet are two things most important to you now. Good luck and God bless.
1) stop eating anything that might contribute IMMEDIATELY ....and drink a ton of water....no alcohol
2) begin adding a food one by one.....continue the same regimen in #1... until you find out the culprit
3) for me it was BEER (yikes) + not enough water
* I can eat anything I want > red meat / shellfish doesn't matter
* vodka / bourbon / wine etc....fine too
* now I can drink beer no problem (after a few years)...as long as I am hydrated
Colcrys is the only drug that worked for the pain, but expensive as hell if cash patient. I found a generic that is much cheaper and works just as good..ordered from offshore shop / no prescription needed...I keep some around just in case. AMAZING how bad that crap hurts...
>> there is probably a new drug that might work better now... no idea
1) stop eating anything that might contribute IMMEDIATELY ....and drink a ton of water....no alcohol
2) begin adding a food one by one.....continue the same regimen in #1... until you find out the culprit
3) for me it was BEER (yikes) + not enough water
* I can eat anything I want > red meat / shellfish doesn't matter
* vodka / bourbon / wine etc....fine too
* now I can drink beer no problem (after a few years)...as long as I am hydrated
Colcrys is the only drug that worked for the pain, but expensive as hell if cash patient. I found a generic that is much cheaper and works just as good..ordered from offshore shop / no prescription needed...I keep some around just in case. AMAZING how bad that crap hurts...
>> there is probably a new drug that might work better now... no idea
Sorry I didnt notice this topic earlier.
Allopurinol is the single most important thing to take against gout.
It is a very safe prescription drug and, you stay on it....for life.
Things to avoid as mentioned are smoked meats, alcohol, sugars, and high purine foods
but how many of us want to do that?
Natural remedies such as cherry juice, Celery seed extract and that nasty apple cider vinegar may work over time
but it can be a hassle. Do some research. Then take the pill.![]()
Oh and water is very important pertaining to flushing the system of high levels of uric acid [crystals ] gl.
Sorry I didnt notice this topic earlier.
Allopurinol is the single most important thing to take against gout.
It is a very safe prescription drug and, you stay on it....for life.
Things to avoid as mentioned are smoked meats, alcohol, sugars, and high purine foods
but how many of us want to do that?
Natural remedies such as cherry juice, Celery seed extract and that nasty apple cider vinegar may work over time
but it can be a hassle. Do some research. Then take the pill.![]()
Oh and water is very important pertaining to flushing the system of high levels of uric acid [crystals ] gl.
Indomethacin. Get a prescription. Pop one the minute that you feel an attack coming. Gone within hours. As soon as I feel discomfort in my foot I take it. I havent had a full blown attack in years. Good luck. I wouldnt wish gout on my worst enemy.
Indomethacin. Get a prescription. Pop one the minute that you feel an attack coming. Gone within hours. As soon as I feel discomfort in my foot I take it. I havent had a full blown attack in years. Good luck. I wouldnt wish gout on my worst enemy.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
