Just curious to hear the forum's opinion on Team USA's coach decision to bench any player that decides to sit during the national anthem.
I think hockey players are a little more classy than NBA and NFL players (for the most part) and won't get involved in this "movement," if you even want to call it that.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Just curious to hear the forum's opinion on Team USA's coach decision to bench any player that decides to sit during the national anthem.
I think hockey players are a little more classy than NBA and NFL players (for the most part) and won't get involved in this "movement," if you even want to call it that.
Also, these players are stars, not has-beens looking for attention
I think this comment is astute on a number of levels.
First, Kaepernick is a nobody who will deservedly be on the bench for a few weeks and then out of the NFL shortly thereafter. If he wasn't such a vile and detestable excuse for a human, he could probably convince himself he could do TV. But he is, indisputably, vile, putrid and detestable, so TV isn't happening. Second, think back to a real man, Ali, who was a legitimate "somebody" who took a principled stand and was willing to pay a steep price, even though he truly had much to lose.
The difference between a loser "making a stand" and a winner giving the finger to the establishment could not be more profound.
Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:
Also, these players are stars, not has-beens looking for attention
I think this comment is astute on a number of levels.
First, Kaepernick is a nobody who will deservedly be on the bench for a few weeks and then out of the NFL shortly thereafter. If he wasn't such a vile and detestable excuse for a human, he could probably convince himself he could do TV. But he is, indisputably, vile, putrid and detestable, so TV isn't happening. Second, think back to a real man, Ali, who was a legitimate "somebody" who took a principled stand and was willing to pay a steep price, even though he truly had much to lose.
The difference between a loser "making a stand" and a winner giving the finger to the establishment could not be more profound.
I think he was well aware that none of his players were going to sit in the first place.
I was thinking of this as well.
I'm also thinking that during international play, they only play the anthem to the first place team.
I don't remember if that's how it works in the World Cup of Hockey, but that's how it is in the Olympics.
They really should play the anthems of both countries before each game, but then again, what anthem would they play for Team Europe or Team North America?
Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:
I think he was well aware that none of his players were going to sit in the first place.
I was thinking of this as well.
I'm also thinking that during international play, they only play the anthem to the first place team.
I don't remember if that's how it works in the World Cup of Hockey, but that's how it is in the Olympics.
They really should play the anthems of both countries before each game, but then again, what anthem would they play for Team Europe or Team North America?