• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU GET OLD

    12 Next Last»
    SteelCash
    TheGoldenGoose
    lennon65
    Midnight1
    jimmycoonan
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 641
    Posts: 35
    12 Next Last»
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 8:33 AM ET #1

    I’ll be 57 soon. I obviously don’t know how others think when they reach their late 50’s, but here’s what I’ve noticed.

    My tolerance for people has diminished. Inevitably, someone will bring up politics or religion, and I just can’t stomach it. Sometimes they have good takes, but usually, they don’t.

    And politics is my least favorite thing to discuss. It’s all bullshit. They keep us distracted and divided, and people fall in line like sheep. I’ve noticed that more than half the time, people don’t even know what the Hell they’re talking about. They’re clueless.

    I have an illness that I am dealing with, so I am running out of fucks pretty quickly. In fact, I think I’m all out.

    I don’t ever want to do anything or go anywhere. I’m always tired. A good day for me is one with minimal pain.

    If something takes more than two hours, I’m not interested. Parties? No. Maybe I’ll pop in for a bit. Maybe not. 

    Camping? Hell no. That’s a party that lasts for days. I don’t have the energy. 

    Bar crawls? Ha! I’d rather poke my eyes out with a pitchfork.

    Recently I went to a concert in a theater. Usually I go with one person but this particular time I was with a group. At one point, two of them decided to have a 15 minute conversation right beside me while I was just trying to listen to the music.

    You know that saying “the more the merrier”? It’s not true.

    I tried to explain to a friend that free will is a myth, and therefore, there is nothing he could do or say to make me hate him. He didn’t get it. But that’s only because I did a poor job of explaining it.

    He could say the meanest things to me and I just wouldn’t care. Why should I? If he’s that type of person and he’s just now revealing himself as an asshole, I misjudged him. So what? I’ll consider my options and I might just cut him out of my life. People lose friends all the time. It’s really no loss of mine if he is a waste of my time. But I won’t hate him because free will is a myth, and hating is a waste of my time. 

    What do people think of you? All I care about is what the people close to me think of my character. That’s it. Everything else just doesn’t matter. 

    In short, the ONLY things that matter to me are the health and happiness of my wife and I, my pets, and my close friends. That’s it. Everything else is irrelevant. 

    I’ve recently had someone get upset that I didn’t respond to their text soon enough. I care more about what treat I’m gonna give to my Bella here in five minutes. If anything, his frustration is amusing to me. 

    Should I explain this to him? I don’t know. Maybe I’ll try for 15 seconds. If he doesn’t get it, I don’t care. I have more important things to do.

    If I am somewhere that I don’t want to be, I leave. I used to ponder what people might think. I used to say goodbye to everyone. Now I just tell the people within my space that I gotta go. That’s it. They can think what they want. I really don’t give a shit.

    If someone asks me if I want to do something and I don’t want to, I tell him no. I don’t need to explain myself. If he asks why, I provide the shortest possible response. And then I’m done with the conversation. 

    I have a handful of friends that understand me, and that’s all I want. They know I’ll be there for them. They know what to expect from me, and vice versa.

    I’m really not much fun at parties anymore ?? And I don’t care. I’ve partied all my life. I’m done with that. Give me Netflix, my dog, my coffee, and my White Widow. 

    And if you haven’t smoked that yet… find some. You’ll thank me later.

    Cut out all the bullshit. I promise you that you’ll be happier, and you’ll have more time to do what YOU want to do. You’ll have more time for YOU and the people that truly matter to you.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I’ll be 57 soon. I obviously don’t know how others think when they reach their late 50’s, but here’s what I’ve noticed.

    My tolerance for people has diminished. Inevitably, someone will bring up politics or religion, and I just can’t stomach it. Sometimes they have good takes, but usually, they don’t.

    And politics is my least favorite thing to discuss. It’s all bullshit. They keep us distracted and divided, and people fall in line like sheep. I’ve noticed that more than half the time, people don’t even know what the Hell they’re talking about. They’re clueless.

    I have an illness that I am dealing with, so I am running out of fucks pretty quickly. In fact, I think I’m all out.

    I don’t ever want to do anything or go anywhere. I’m always tired. A good day for me is one with minimal pain.

    If something takes more than two hours, I’m not interested. Parties? No. Maybe I’ll pop in for a bit. Maybe not. 

    Camping? Hell no. That’s a party that lasts for days. I don’t have the energy. 

    Bar crawls? Ha! I’d rather poke my eyes out with a pitchfork.

    Recently I went to a concert in a theater. Usually I go with one person but this particular time I was with a group. At one point, two of them decided to have a 15 minute conversation right beside me while I was just trying to listen to the music.

    You know that saying “the more the merrier”? It’s not true.

    I tried to explain to a friend that free will is a myth, and therefore, there is nothing he could do or say to make me hate him. He didn’t get it. But that’s only because I did a poor job of explaining it.

    He could say the meanest things to me and I just wouldn’t care. Why should I? If he’s that type of person and he’s just now revealing himself as an asshole, I misjudged him. So what? I’ll consider my options and I might just cut him out of my life. People lose friends all the time. It’s really no loss of mine if he is a waste of my time. But I won’t hate him because free will is a myth, and hating is a waste of my time. 

    What do people think of you? All I care about is what the people close to me think of my character. That’s it. Everything else just doesn’t matter. 

    In short, the ONLY things that matter to me are the health and happiness of my wife and I, my pets, and my close friends. That’s it. Everything else is irrelevant. 

    I’ve recently had someone get upset that I didn’t respond to their text soon enough. I care more about what treat I’m gonna give to my Bella here in five minutes. If anything, his frustration is amusing to me. 

    Should I explain this to him? I don’t know. Maybe I’ll try for 15 seconds. If he doesn’t get it, I don’t care. I have more important things to do.

    If I am somewhere that I don’t want to be, I leave. I used to ponder what people might think. I used to say goodbye to everyone. Now I just tell the people within my space that I gotta go. That’s it. They can think what they want. I really don’t give a shit.

    If someone asks me if I want to do something and I don’t want to, I tell him no. I don’t need to explain myself. If he asks why, I provide the shortest possible response. And then I’m done with the conversation. 

    I have a handful of friends that understand me, and that’s all I want. They know I’ll be there for them. They know what to expect from me, and vice versa.

    I’m really not much fun at parties anymore ?? And I don’t care. I’ve partied all my life. I’m done with that. Give me Netflix, my dog, my coffee, and my White Widow. 

    And if you haven’t smoked that yet… find some. You’ll thank me later.

    Cut out all the bullshit. I promise you that you’ll be happier, and you’ll have more time to do what YOU want to do. You’ll have more time for YOU and the people that truly matter to you.

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 10:40 AM ET #2

    The second best decision of my life was to retire at age 57.  And one by one I watched friends and family members fall.  The game of life is just no fun any more.  Lately I’ve been thinking of doing the unthinkable.  No, not that.  Been thinking of checking out the Senior Center in town.  You get tired of hanging around kids all the time.  People your own age understand.  At least I think they do.  

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    The second best decision of my life was to retire at age 57.  And one by one I watched friends and family members fall.  The game of life is just no fun any more.  Lately I’ve been thinking of doing the unthinkable.  No, not that.  Been thinking of checking out the Senior Center in town.  You get tired of hanging around kids all the time.  People your own age understand.  At least I think they do.  

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 2:07 PM ET #3

    turned 60 in March and it depresses me.

    i can't throw a fb or baseball bc my arms have tendonitis.

    quit Bowling

    not much patience for assholes on the road.

    get maybe 3 hrs sleep a night. bed at 10-11 up by 2 with panic attacks.

    post nasal drip drives me insane at night.

    can't stand being around my wife

    i have Afib therefore im not active.

    just work and gamble

    Reply

    turned 60 in March and it depresses me.

    i can't throw a fb or baseball bc my arms have tendonitis.

    quit Bowling

    not much patience for assholes on the road.

    get maybe 3 hrs sleep a night. bed at 10-11 up by 2 with panic attacks.

    post nasal drip drives me insane at night.

    can't stand being around my wife

    i have Afib therefore im not active.

    just work and gamble

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 2:20 PM ET #4

    used to go to dinner and shows when we were younger

    now i make sure im home by 4p bc this town sucks.

    Parents not raising their kids properly makes the kids not think before they act.

    more teens stealing from stores now than ever before drives me crazy.

    i stopped going to this 1 local Smiths and i went there for 20 years.

    i stopped bc of these teens stealing right in front of me and they threaten to shoot security and any cahier that gets in way.

    Mainly alcohol stolen

    Alright.

    i can go on and on but this isn't about me

    GL With your illness sir

    peace_5

    peace

    Reply

    used to go to dinner and shows when we were younger

    now i make sure im home by 4p bc this town sucks.

    Parents not raising their kids properly makes the kids not think before they act.

    more teens stealing from stores now than ever before drives me crazy.

    i stopped going to this 1 local Smiths and i went there for 20 years.

    i stopped bc of these teens stealing right in front of me and they threaten to shoot security and any cahier that gets in way.

    Mainly alcohol stolen

    Alright.

    i can go on and on but this isn't about me

    GL With your illness sir

    peace_5

    peace

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 2:55 PM ET #5

    @lennon65

    Breath-rite nasal strips. 
    Benadryl allergy pills 
    Ambien for sleep.  
    OxyContin for occasional pain.  
    WTF good are drugs if they won’t allow doctors to prescribe them?  Do some doctor shopping to find a combination that works for you.  
    peace

     

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    @lennon65

    Breath-rite nasal strips. 
    Benadryl allergy pills 
    Ambien for sleep.  
    OxyContin for occasional pain.  
    WTF good are drugs if they won’t allow doctors to prescribe them?  Do some doctor shopping to find a combination that works for you.  
    peace

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 8:12 PM ET #6

    I'll turn 75 Christmas day. All my wedding party grooms are gone. I'll be retired 20 years come February. 

    In traffic, I no longer chase drivers or give them a 1 finger salute when they do something stupid. My bride is very happy about this.

    Can easily wager anything I want from home & rarely go to Gulfstream anymore. Don't miss paying 11 bucks for a Heineken.

    I do a bowl everyday & multiple on weekends.

    I enjoy watching Gaga & Bruno Mars perform. Bruno has some frontline dance moves.

    Watch local news, Netflix, Prime & any sporting event especially if I made a play. Rarely anything else.

    I take Ambien as well for sleeping & have a nice recipe of other medication that keeps me semi-normal.

    Fished once a week, weather permitting. Now maybe it's every 2 weeks or more because the sharks are such a pain in the ass. Last time out, we had 7 fish on & sharks grabbed 4 of them. At first it was exciting to watch but it got old in a hurry.

    Love our grandchildren but when it's time for them to go home, it's time for them to go home. 

    Have always been a good tipper but because I can, I'll tip excessively especially when people depend on that dough to live. The boss gives me a look but she knows why I do it.

    No regrets come quickly to mind... 

    Reply

    I'll turn 75 Christmas day. All my wedding party grooms are gone. I'll be retired 20 years come February. 

    In traffic, I no longer chase drivers or give them a 1 finger salute when they do something stupid. My bride is very happy about this.

    Can easily wager anything I want from home & rarely go to Gulfstream anymore. Don't miss paying 11 bucks for a Heineken.

    I do a bowl everyday & multiple on weekends.

    I enjoy watching Gaga & Bruno Mars perform. Bruno has some frontline dance moves.

    Watch local news, Netflix, Prime & any sporting event especially if I made a play. Rarely anything else.

    I take Ambien as well for sleeping & have a nice recipe of other medication that keeps me semi-normal.

    Fished once a week, weather permitting. Now maybe it's every 2 weeks or more because the sharks are such a pain in the ass. Last time out, we had 7 fish on & sharks grabbed 4 of them. At first it was exciting to watch but it got old in a hurry.

    Love our grandchildren but when it's time for them to go home, it's time for them to go home. 

    Have always been a good tipper but because I can, I'll tip excessively especially when people depend on that dough to live. The boss gives me a look but she knows why I do it.

    No regrets come quickly to mind... 

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 8:31 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    @lennon65 Breath-rite nasal strips. Benadryl allergy pills Ambien for sleep.  OxyContin for occasional pain.  WTF good are drugs if they won’t allow doctors to prescribe them?  Do some doctor shopping to find a combination that works for you.

    Thank u sir.

    Nice to see u around.

    Hope all is well

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    @lennon65 Breath-rite nasal strips. Benadryl allergy pills Ambien for sleep.  OxyContin for occasional pain.  WTF good are drugs if they won’t allow doctors to prescribe them?  Do some doctor shopping to find a combination that works for you.

    Thank u sir.

    Nice to see u around.

    Hope all is well

     

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2025 - 8:32 PM ET #8

    peace GG

    Reply

    peace GG

     
    jimmycoonan
    jimmycoonan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 446
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2025 - 1:06 AM ET #9

    i feel pretty good for 77 although i do fart a lot more when im laughing

    Reply

    i feel pretty good for 77 although i do fart a lot more when im laughing

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2025 - 1:15 PM ET #10

    I’ve started to watch a lot more fitness and diet content 

    also don’t care for anyone who doesn’t fall under one of these categories 

    1. you paying me

    2. you feeding me

    3. you make me laugh 

    4. you sleeping next to me

     

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    I’ve started to watch a lot more fitness and diet content 

    also don’t care for anyone who doesn’t fall under one of these categories 

    1. you paying me

    2. you feeding me

    3. you make me laugh 

    4. you sleeping next to me

     

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84838
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2025 - 11:23 PM ET #11

    Great stuff. Life doesn’t stop for no one. Take care all. 
    peaceclover

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    Great stuff. Life doesn’t stop for no one. Take care all. 
    peaceclover

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2025 - 11:29 PM ET #12

    Gentleman......how are the balls hanging? Low, I bet.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Gentleman......how are the balls hanging? Low, I bet.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2025 - 7:52 PM ET #13

    @StumpTownStu

     As a kid we would always say "low & loose & full of juice."

    Now I just tuck them in my sock.

     

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     As a kid we would always say "low & loose & full of juice."

    Now I just tuck them in my sock.

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2025 - 8:05 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycoonan:

    i feel pretty good for 77 although i do fart a lot more when im laughing

    Be careful..it's easier to shart at our advanced ages when we laugh so hard.

    Although, the 1st time  I was in the service & the 2nd and last time was at a wedding, dancing up a storm & OOPPS.

    At first I was like "WTF" but then I recognized that sensation & went commando the rest of the evening.

    Crazy memories..

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

      

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycoonan:

    i feel pretty good for 77 although i do fart a lot more when im laughing

    Be careful..it's easier to shart at our advanced ages when we laugh so hard.

    Although, the 1st time  I was in the service & the 2nd and last time was at a wedding, dancing up a storm & OOPPS.

    At first I was like "WTF" but then I recognized that sensation & went commando the rest of the evening.

    Crazy memories..

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

      

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47765
    Posted: Sep. 17, 2025 - 11:35 PM ET #15

    55, some health issues the past 10 years, other life issues that would have killed many, brought a steely resolve  to me and business that has been challenging due to musk/trump the past 18 months.

    But surviving, working on thriving and happy to be 6 feet above rather than 6 feet below.

    peace_5an_2drinks

    Reply

    55, some health issues the past 10 years, other life issues that would have killed many, brought a steely resolve  to me and business that has been challenging due to musk/trump the past 18 months.

    But surviving, working on thriving and happy to be 6 feet above rather than 6 feet below.

    peace_5an_2drinks

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2025 - 4:26 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Gentleman......how are the balls hanging? Low, I bet.

    for awhile now

    but since i turned 60 my dick grew half an inch

    peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Gentleman......how are the balls hanging? Low, I bet.

    for awhile now

    but since i turned 60 my dick grew half an inch

    peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 20, 2025 - 5:23 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Gentleman......how are the balls hanging? Low, I bet. for awhile now but since i turned 60 my dick grew half an inch

    Probably a good time to get your eyes checked.

    cool

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Gentleman......how are the balls hanging? Low, I bet. for awhile now but since i turned 60 my dick grew half an inch

    Probably a good time to get your eyes checked.

    cool

     
    J.J. Dean
    J.J. Dean
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 775
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2025 - 4:15 PM ET #18

    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    an_roll_laugh

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2025 - 8:04 PM ET #19

    I've become more curious.

    I have more younger friends than older.

    I've learned to pick my battles & screw the rest of the bullshit in life.

    I still get pissed when someone empties their car ashtray in a parking lot.

     

    Reply

    I've become more curious.

    I have more younger friends than older.

    I've learned to pick my battles & screw the rest of the bullshit in life.

    I still get pissed when someone empties their car ashtray in a parking lot.

     

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2025 - 8:09 AM ET #20

    @TheGoldenGoose

     Glad to hear you’re doing okay Goose. peace_5

    Reply

    @TheGoldenGoose

     Glad to hear you’re doing okay Goose. peace_5

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2025 - 8:23 AM ET #21

    @lennon65

     I had a stroke a while back and I lost my shot completely. I used to love shooting hoops but my left hand never fully recovered. I lost the dexterity I had; I can write but it’s more difficult and it looks like chicken scratch. Disc golf is impossible. The signal reaches my hand a fraction of a second too late so my release is late and my disc ends up 100 yards to the left. I’ve worked on dart throwing and sometimes I can actually throw decent but I have moved and haven’t gotten around to putting my board up. Too much to do, not enough hours in the day.

    I had a buddy once tell me that in the winter he got high once and he ended up putting his car in a ditch (icy roads). He told me he busted out in laughter like a mad man and couldn’t stop. 

    I told him “Dude how did you laugh? I would have been worried sick. I would have been a mess.” 

    He replied “Dude I had to laugh to keep myself from crying.”

    I’ll never forget that conversation.

    Reply

    @lennon65

     I had a stroke a while back and I lost my shot completely. I used to love shooting hoops but my left hand never fully recovered. I lost the dexterity I had; I can write but it’s more difficult and it looks like chicken scratch. Disc golf is impossible. The signal reaches my hand a fraction of a second too late so my release is late and my disc ends up 100 yards to the left. I’ve worked on dart throwing and sometimes I can actually throw decent but I have moved and haven’t gotten around to putting my board up. Too much to do, not enough hours in the day.

    I had a buddy once tell me that in the winter he got high once and he ended up putting his car in a ditch (icy roads). He told me he busted out in laughter like a mad man and couldn’t stop. 

    I told him “Dude how did you laugh? I would have been worried sick. I would have been a mess.” 

    He replied “Dude I had to laugh to keep myself from crying.”

    I’ll never forget that conversation.

     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2025 - 1:26 PM ET #22

    I turned 59 earlier this year. I'm in decent shape, slim Dad bod, still feel like I'm on the "young side of the wall" but I might be jumping over soon or maybe in 10 years. Who knows, I've been financially ready to retire since the middle of Covid - but since Covid I started taking care of my old parents. Now at 83 years old only mom is left and because I am such a cheapskate I refuse to retire and quit my job as my private health insurance in the US would be $1,300-$1,500 a month and I'm helping my mother financially paying about $1,000 a month for a bunch of things. I cook and do lots of other stuff for her, glad to be of service, Otherwise I'd be back in South America in my apartment with my woman and dog and also where I have great health insurance for only $150 a month. But gotta put life on hold so I'm in the the US and working.

    Heart condition, 5 stents, high blood pressure, taking a handful of pills every day, I'm a little active,but not playing sports or going to the gym. Got no major aches or pains but if I got into a fight or had to kick someone's ass, I physically could not due to the beta blocker and also, did I mention I'm 59 with 5 stents? 

    These are the years where you really should call it quits, travel, do fun things, spend some $ and enjoy life.

    If you have the chance, do so immediately, you probably need less $ to retire than you think. Also leaving behind legacy cash is foolish. Teach your kids well (if you have them) and let them earn their own living. Why anyone with able healthy children would would work extra and follow an estate plan that sees them die with tons of cash leftover for inheritance is an idiot.

    My time these past 5 years with mom and dad (RIP) has been priceless and wouldn't trade it for the world. I go back to my wife and life for about 5-10 days every 4-6 weeks.

    Inside all that kvetching I have to say, "Life is good"

     

     

     

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    I turned 59 earlier this year. I'm in decent shape, slim Dad bod, still feel like I'm on the "young side of the wall" but I might be jumping over soon or maybe in 10 years. Who knows, I've been financially ready to retire since the middle of Covid - but since Covid I started taking care of my old parents. Now at 83 years old only mom is left and because I am such a cheapskate I refuse to retire and quit my job as my private health insurance in the US would be $1,300-$1,500 a month and I'm helping my mother financially paying about $1,000 a month for a bunch of things. I cook and do lots of other stuff for her, glad to be of service, Otherwise I'd be back in South America in my apartment with my woman and dog and also where I have great health insurance for only $150 a month. But gotta put life on hold so I'm in the the US and working.

    Heart condition, 5 stents, high blood pressure, taking a handful of pills every day, I'm a little active,but not playing sports or going to the gym. Got no major aches or pains but if I got into a fight or had to kick someone's ass, I physically could not due to the beta blocker and also, did I mention I'm 59 with 5 stents? 

    These are the years where you really should call it quits, travel, do fun things, spend some $ and enjoy life.

    If you have the chance, do so immediately, you probably need less $ to retire than you think. Also leaving behind legacy cash is foolish. Teach your kids well (if you have them) and let them earn their own living. Why anyone with able healthy children would would work extra and follow an estate plan that sees them die with tons of cash leftover for inheritance is an idiot.

    My time these past 5 years with mom and dad (RIP) has been priceless and wouldn't trade it for the world. I go back to my wife and life for about 5-10 days every 4-6 weeks.

    Inside all that kvetching I have to say, "Life is good"

     

     

     

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2025 - 1:56 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    @lennon65 Breath-rite nasal strips. Benadryl allergy pills Ambien for sleep.  OxyContin for occasional pain.  WTF good are drugs if they won’t allow doctors to prescribe them?  Do some doctor shopping to find a combination that works for you.

    Merry Christmas GG

    RIP

    peace BROTHER

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    @lennon65 Breath-rite nasal strips. Benadryl allergy pills Ambien for sleep.  OxyContin for occasional pain.  WTF good are drugs if they won’t allow doctors to prescribe them?  Do some doctor shopping to find a combination that works for you.

    Merry Christmas GG

    RIP

    peace BROTHER

     
    accventures
    accventures
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 33232
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2025 - 6:58 AM ET #24

    These posts are pretty accurate.  55 next month and working/traveling for work more than I ever have.  Kids are grown, empty nest could not be better.  The travel coast to coast three weeks a month is tough because of the time difference and not staying more than two nights so your body never adjusts.  Money is solid so I don't go out on my own in what's a pretty regulated and financially-attractive field.

    People piss me off and every year I get exponentially more outspoken.  Like a crusader.  Someone acts disrespectful during the national anthem at a game, I tell them about themselves.  Someone is inconsiderate at the grocery store, I tell them about themselves.  I think the world is quickly falling apart and many generations don't give a fuck.  Some are just too old to care and a lot of the generations younger than me are just piss poor as a general rule.  

    Making more money than I ever have, sex lif sis the best it's ever been, kids are healthy and making their way, no grandkids yet, love to travel with my wife of almost 30 years, only one parent left between the two of us, love to cook, have a great house in a great neighborhood, nothing ridiculous but very nice.  Bet too much but have learned to manage it and more importantly, my disposable income covers it without a problem which is nice.  Do Vegas 9comped at the Venetian any time we want to go) 3-4 times a year.  

    One of the funny ones for me is that I still see myself as 23 years old mentally and physically most times.  I'm a bigger guy so most people look at me and wouldn't; mess with me (6'2, 230).  So I don't; really mind saying what I want when it's needed.   Guys all talk a ton of shit anyway and the chance of a physical altercation is less than .004%.  Now I do live in the ATL so getting shot is another story.  Cesspool city in case anyone is wondering.  Suburbs pretty nice but fuck the city.

    Gummies have been game changer for us.  Florida has some combo gummies that are very potent and all we need.  Mellows you out and very easy to take/get.  Also avoid the smoke and vape.  Check out Smak'd.  

    One of our biggest ones is finding additional people we like and want to hang out with.  Husband is typically a dud and wives neurotic bitches.  I do like a couple of my wife's friends and while their husbands are nerdy as fuck and mostly boring /conservative, we make it work ok.  Constantly looking for that unicorn couple where we love them both.  Two sets of friends like that and neither live near us anymore.

     

     

     

     

    Reply

    These posts are pretty accurate.  55 next month and working/traveling for work more than I ever have.  Kids are grown, empty nest could not be better.  The travel coast to coast three weeks a month is tough because of the time difference and not staying more than two nights so your body never adjusts.  Money is solid so I don't go out on my own in what's a pretty regulated and financially-attractive field.

    People piss me off and every year I get exponentially more outspoken.  Like a crusader.  Someone acts disrespectful during the national anthem at a game, I tell them about themselves.  Someone is inconsiderate at the grocery store, I tell them about themselves.  I think the world is quickly falling apart and many generations don't give a fuck.  Some are just too old to care and a lot of the generations younger than me are just piss poor as a general rule.  

    Making more money than I ever have, sex lif sis the best it's ever been, kids are healthy and making their way, no grandkids yet, love to travel with my wife of almost 30 years, only one parent left between the two of us, love to cook, have a great house in a great neighborhood, nothing ridiculous but very nice.  Bet too much but have learned to manage it and more importantly, my disposable income covers it without a problem which is nice.  Do Vegas 9comped at the Venetian any time we want to go) 3-4 times a year.  

    One of the funny ones for me is that I still see myself as 23 years old mentally and physically most times.  I'm a bigger guy so most people look at me and wouldn't; mess with me (6'2, 230).  So I don't; really mind saying what I want when it's needed.   Guys all talk a ton of shit anyway and the chance of a physical altercation is less than .004%.  Now I do live in the ATL so getting shot is another story.  Cesspool city in case anyone is wondering.  Suburbs pretty nice but fuck the city.

    Gummies have been game changer for us.  Florida has some combo gummies that are very potent and all we need.  Mellows you out and very easy to take/get.  Also avoid the smoke and vape.  Check out Smak'd.  

    One of our biggest ones is finding additional people we like and want to hang out with.  Husband is typically a dud and wives neurotic bitches.  I do like a couple of my wife's friends and while their husbands are nerdy as fuck and mostly boring /conservative, we make it work ok.  Constantly looking for that unicorn couple where we love them both.  Two sets of friends like that and neither live near us anymore.

     

     

     

     

     
     
    oldsport
    oldsport
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2023
    Posts: 463
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2025 - 3:54 AM ET #25

    what is your advice on marriage?

    Reply

    what is your advice on marriage?

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,544
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,548
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 409
    • MLB Playoffs 15,262
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,028
    • Week 6 Money 5,314
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,355
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,199
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,476

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.