• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    THINGS PARENTS SAY TO KIDS

    Midnight1
    kidd22
    wallstreetcappers
    rufus1966
    lennon65
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 240
    Posts: 16
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2026 - 3:27 PM ET #1

    My kids were over this weekend & they were telling me things I've said to them over the years & I learned most of the sayings from my parents like...

    BECAUSE I SAID SO

    MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES

    IF EVERYONE ELSE JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE...

    YOU HAVE 2 EARS & ONE MOUTH

    I'M NOT YOUR MAID 

    PUT ON A SWEATER

    DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE

    FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST

    CALL ME WHEN YOU GET THERE

    GO ASK YOUR MOM. GO ASK YOUR DAD

    YOU'LL THANK ME SOME DAY

    WE'LL SEE

    WHAT PART OF "NO" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND

    Did I miss any??

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    My kids were over this weekend & they were telling me things I've said to them over the years & I learned most of the sayings from my parents like...

    BECAUSE I SAID SO

    MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES

    IF EVERYONE ELSE JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE...

    YOU HAVE 2 EARS & ONE MOUTH

    I'M NOT YOUR MAID 

    PUT ON A SWEATER

    DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE

    FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST

    CALL ME WHEN YOU GET THERE

    GO ASK YOUR MOM. GO ASK YOUR DAD

    YOU'LL THANK ME SOME DAY

    WE'LL SEE

    WHAT PART OF "NO" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND

    Did I miss any??

     
    kidd22
    kidd22
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2015
    Posts: 16813
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2026 - 3:46 PM ET #2

    Learn from my mistakes 

     

    did I studder 

    You gotta put the work in sports 

    where do you think you got that temper from don’t test me  

    just a few

    Reply

    Learn from my mistakes 

     

    did I studder 

    You gotta put the work in sports 

    where do you think you got that temper from don’t test me  

    just a few

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Mar. 26, 2026 - 2:09 PM ET #3

    I think as generations go that changes. Our parents were much more sharp and mean in their counsel but now the tone and content is less abusive and rough compared to what many of us dealt with.

    Reply

    I think as generations go that changes. Our parents were much more sharp and mean in their counsel but now the tone and content is less abusive and rough compared to what many of us dealt with.

     
    rufus1966
    rufus1966
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 1998
    Posted: Mar. 27, 2026 - 8:15 PM ET #4

    Shut the door. You think i'm heating the outside?

    Reply

    Shut the door. You think i'm heating the outside?

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Mar. 28, 2026 - 1:53 PM ET #5

    @Midnight1

     all of those plus...

    put the terlet seat down

    don't pick your nose

    peace

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     all of those plus...

    put the terlet seat down

    don't pick your nose

    peace

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Mar. 28, 2026 - 1:54 PM ET #6

    @Midnight1

     all of those plus...

    put the terlet seat down

    don't pick your nose

    peace

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     all of those plus...

    put the terlet seat down

    don't pick your nose

    peace

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 28, 2026 - 9:00 PM ET #7

    Wipe your feet off before you come in this house.

    Keep an eye on your little sister.

    Stop crying before I give you something to cry about. 

    You think that's funny?

    ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE!

    Just wait until your father gets home.

    Finish your dinner. There are people starving in Africa blah blah blah.

    Hay is for horses

    Wipe that smile off your face young man (I think I heard that in the Army as well)

    Don't even think about it.

    Don't talk with your mouth full.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.

    Who do you think you're talking to?

    WHEW!!! The memories....

     

    Reply

    Wipe your feet off before you come in this house.

    Keep an eye on your little sister.

    Stop crying before I give you something to cry about. 

    You think that's funny?

    ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE!

    Just wait until your father gets home.

    Finish your dinner. There are people starving in Africa blah blah blah.

    Hay is for horses

    Wipe that smile off your face young man (I think I heard that in the Army as well)

    Don't even think about it.

    Don't talk with your mouth full.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.

    Who do you think you're talking to?

    WHEW!!! The memories....

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2026 - 9:39 PM ET #8

    I love you.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I love you.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2026 - 10:33 AM ET #9

    you get your mail and then nothing 

    Reply

    you get your mail and then nothing 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2026 - 4:16 PM ET #10

    Cruisin' for a bruisin' is for sure one I did not carry forward to my parenting

    Reply

    Cruisin' for a bruisin' is for sure one I did not carry forward to my parenting

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 31, 2026 - 4:52 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I love you.

    Thank you....an_wink

    STU...where the hell have you been? I sent you a note in the Penalty Box checking up on you. 

    Everything good brother?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I love you.

    Thank you....an_wink

    STU...where the hell have you been? I sent you a note in the Penalty Box checking up on you. 

    Everything good brother?

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84838
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2026 - 2:21 PM ET #12

    I ask you to do the same thing everyday….new_poop

    Did you pick up after yourself new_sick

     

    peaceclover

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    I ask you to do the same thing everyday….new_poop

    Did you pick up after yourself new_sick

     

    peaceclover

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2026 - 8:13 PM ET #13

    Here's an experience today in a Publix grocery store.

    CASHIER: YOUR TOTAL IS $18.53

    ME: HERE'S $20.53

    CASHIER: BLANK STARE FOR LIKE 45 SECONDS

    ME: JUST GIVE ME A 5 BACK

    CASHIER: THAT'S WHAT i THOUGHT. I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE

    ME: DEAR LORD SON. GIVE ME 2 BUCKS & HERE'S YOUR 5.

    I like to screw with the younger generation once in awhile. Hell, it happened to all of us at that age. But seriously, I don't think that kid understood anything that took place. But God help me, I was never that dumb. I'm sure he'll do well in life.

    I worked in retail for a summer job at a department store named Alexander's in Manhattan. I was a cashier working from 10 am to 2 pm. I think the store had like 5 floors & I was clueless as to what was on what floors. People would stop by my register & ask "Hey, where are the shoes?" Third floor, I would say & had no idea. A couple of times a customer would come back & saY " Hey Moron, shoes are on the 1st floor!"

    That kid will get a chance to do the same thing in another 40 years.

    an_cheers

       

    Reply

    Here's an experience today in a Publix grocery store.

    CASHIER: YOUR TOTAL IS $18.53

    ME: HERE'S $20.53

    CASHIER: BLANK STARE FOR LIKE 45 SECONDS

    ME: JUST GIVE ME A 5 BACK

    CASHIER: THAT'S WHAT i THOUGHT. I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE

    ME: DEAR LORD SON. GIVE ME 2 BUCKS & HERE'S YOUR 5.

    I like to screw with the younger generation once in awhile. Hell, it happened to all of us at that age. But seriously, I don't think that kid understood anything that took place. But God help me, I was never that dumb. I'm sure he'll do well in life.

    I worked in retail for a summer job at a department store named Alexander's in Manhattan. I was a cashier working from 10 am to 2 pm. I think the store had like 5 floors & I was clueless as to what was on what floors. People would stop by my register & ask "Hey, where are the shoes?" Third floor, I would say & had no idea. A couple of times a customer would come back & saY " Hey Moron, shoes are on the 1st floor!"

    That kid will get a chance to do the same thing in another 40 years.

    an_cheers

       

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2026 - 4:43 PM ET #14

    GET DOWN FROM THERE BEFORE YOU BREAK YOUR NECK!

    I said that to my grandson this morning.

     

    Reply

    GET DOWN FROM THERE BEFORE YOU BREAK YOUR NECK!

    I said that to my grandson this morning.

     

     
    poppyg
    poppyg
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2023
    Posts: 965
    Posted: May. 21, 2026 - 3:22 AM ET #15

    @wallstreetcappers

     I agree

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     I agree

    thumbs_up

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2026 - 12:43 PM ET #16

    Crappy day in South Florida & I just heard some thunder which reminded me that when we heard thunder as a kid, my Mom would say..."They must be bowling in heaven."

    If you said that today, kids might say "What's bowling?"

     

    Reply

    Crappy day in South Florida & I just heard some thunder which reminded me that when we heard thunder as a kid, my Mom would say..."They must be bowling in heaven."

    If you said that today, kids might say "What's bowling?"

     

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,544
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,548
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 409
    • MLB Playoffs 15,262
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,028
    • Week 6 Money 5,314
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,355
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,199
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,476

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.