• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    The Two most important tools a Sports bettors must possess

    TheMegaBombs
    fubah2
    ButtGrease
    skillahmang
    Knollywood100
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 677
    Posts: 19
     
    TheMegaBombs
    TheMegaBombs
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 4:49 PM ET #1

    The two most important tools a bettor must possess.

    1?? Discipline - Emotions can cloud judgment, especially during wins or losses. Sticking to a plan and not chasing losses keeps decisions sharp and minimizes risks.

    2?? Money Management - Setting a budget and managing stakes wisely is essential. Bet only what you can afford to lose, and remember that even small, steady wins build up over time.

    Mastering these skills doesn’t just protect your bankroll; it improves your overall betting experience. Be smart, be disciplined, and stay in control.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    The two most important tools a bettor must possess.

    1?? Discipline - Emotions can cloud judgment, especially during wins or losses. Sticking to a plan and not chasing losses keeps decisions sharp and minimizes risks.

    2?? Money Management - Setting a budget and managing stakes wisely is essential. Bet only what you can afford to lose, and remember that even small, steady wins build up over time.

    Mastering these skills doesn’t just protect your bankroll; it improves your overall betting experience. Be smart, be disciplined, and stay in control.

     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53676
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 4:54 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegaBombs:

    The two most important tools a bettor must possess. 1?? Discipline - Emotions can cloud judgment, especially during wins or losses. Sticking to a plan and not chasing losses keeps decisions sharp and minimizes risks. 2?? Money Management - Setting a budget and managing stakes wisely is essential. Bet only what you can afford to lose, and remember that even small, steady wins build up over time. Mastering these skills doesn’t just protect your bankroll; it improves your overall betting experience. Be smart, be disciplined, and stay in control.

    thumbs_up

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegaBombs:

    The two most important tools a bettor must possess. 1?? Discipline - Emotions can cloud judgment, especially during wins or losses. Sticking to a plan and not chasing losses keeps decisions sharp and minimizes risks. 2?? Money Management - Setting a budget and managing stakes wisely is essential. Bet only what you can afford to lose, and remember that even small, steady wins build up over time. Mastering these skills doesn’t just protect your bankroll; it improves your overall betting experience. Be smart, be disciplined, and stay in control.

    thumbs_up

     
    ButtGrease
    ButtGrease
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1120
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 4:58 PM ET #3

    So how do we master those skills? Because we all know what we have to do but its the toughest thing ever.

    Reply

    So how do we master those skills? Because we all know what we have to do but its the toughest thing ever.

     
    skillahmang
    skillahmang
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 7380
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 5:00 PM ET #4

    Big Facts

    Reply

    Big Facts

     
    TheMegaBombs
    TheMegaBombs
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 5:03 PM ET #5

    @ButtGrease

     It is certainly the hardest thing but those tools are in you. Take it one day at a time but if you look at what your betting pattern is and where you are getting in trouble then you can take steps to control your mistakes.

    For example how many games do you bet a day (maybe too many?) your profit goals may be unrealistic. Do you stick to your games or do you like to “add on” games if you’re losing?

    all those things can hurt you discipline and your money management 

    Reply

    @ButtGrease

     It is certainly the hardest thing but those tools are in you. Take it one day at a time but if you look at what your betting pattern is and where you are getting in trouble then you can take steps to control your mistakes.

    For example how many games do you bet a day (maybe too many?) your profit goals may be unrealistic. Do you stick to your games or do you like to “add on” games if you’re losing?

    all those things can hurt you discipline and your money management 

     
    Knollywood100
    Knollywood100
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 5:29 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegaBombs:

    The two most important tools a bettor must possess. 1?? Discipline - Emotions can cloud judgment, especially during wins or losses. Sticking to a plan and not chasing losses keeps decisions sharp and minimizes risks. 2??

     

    This, for me is the hardest. Firstly, I am a football fan. Cincy is my team, and I always have an opinion on their chances. Slippery slope though, cause I have such a roting interest. I bet week one on the Pats ML, a great price and they always start slow. I bet large on them vs Wash and yu know how that went. I've since stayed away unless I'm betting total. And I hate Pittsburg (of course)  I stay away knowing I'm biased. And you keep missing on a certain side let's say. Pisses ya off, and you develop a dislike. Or, the opposite, you hit on betting team a few times, and want to blindly bet 'em every time.

     

     

     

    Money Management - Setting a budget and managing stakes wisely is essential. Bet only what you can afford to lose, and remember that even small, steady wins build up over time. Mastering these skills doesn’t just protect your bankroll; it improves your overall betting experience. Be smart, be disciplined, and stay in control.

     

    I'd say this is easy if you're winning. Last year I had a great football season. Set my limit and cashed out. This year not so much, (-22 units) I'm getting near the felt, week ten! Grrrrrr. I hate betting with my back against the wall. Do I re up? Or sit here with my thumb up my ass?? I stick to my %'s though. I'll consider taking a week off. Just my 2 cents, BOL man.

    The hospital? It's a big building with patients.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegaBombs:

    The two most important tools a bettor must possess. 1?? Discipline - Emotions can cloud judgment, especially during wins or losses. Sticking to a plan and not chasing losses keeps decisions sharp and minimizes risks. 2??

     

    This, for me is the hardest. Firstly, I am a football fan. Cincy is my team, and I always have an opinion on their chances. Slippery slope though, cause I have such a roting interest. I bet week one on the Pats ML, a great price and they always start slow. I bet large on them vs Wash and yu know how that went. I've since stayed away unless I'm betting total. And I hate Pittsburg (of course)  I stay away knowing I'm biased. And you keep missing on a certain side let's say. Pisses ya off, and you develop a dislike. Or, the opposite, you hit on betting team a few times, and want to blindly bet 'em every time.

     

     

     

    Money Management - Setting a budget and managing stakes wisely is essential. Bet only what you can afford to lose, and remember that even small, steady wins build up over time. Mastering these skills doesn’t just protect your bankroll; it improves your overall betting experience. Be smart, be disciplined, and stay in control.

     

    I'd say this is easy if you're winning. Last year I had a great football season. Set my limit and cashed out. This year not so much, (-22 units) I'm getting near the felt, week ten! Grrrrrr. I hate betting with my back against the wall. Do I re up? Or sit here with my thumb up my ass?? I stick to my %'s though. I'll consider taking a week off. Just my 2 cents, BOL man.

     
    TheMegaBombs
    TheMegaBombs
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 5:42 PM ET #7

    @Knollywood100

     Most amateur sports bettors don’t realistically consider the possibility of a losing year. If it’s going to be losing year then must take on the chin. But you cannot change your strategy or bet more than the usual or bet more games than you generally bet. You stick to your plan and try to reduce the negative unit count but you can’t shoot to transform -22 units into +22 units because you’re more likely to end up with -35 units or more. 

    Reply

    @Knollywood100

     Most amateur sports bettors don’t realistically consider the possibility of a losing year. If it’s going to be losing year then must take on the chin. But you cannot change your strategy or bet more than the usual or bet more games than you generally bet. You stick to your plan and try to reduce the negative unit count but you can’t shoot to transform -22 units into +22 units because you’re more likely to end up with -35 units or more. 

     
    Knollywood100
    Knollywood100
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 7:34 PM ET #8

    @ButtGrease

     I forgot to add one thing re; disciplined betting, maybe the worst way to bet.

    Simply because you WANT ACTION. TV games?? People always want to have a horse in the race. You get a boring game with 2 teams that are boring to watch, ya may not even watch boring. Put a few bills on it. I am guilty of this. But trying.

    GL!

    The hospital? It's a big building with patients.
    Reply

    @ButtGrease

     I forgot to add one thing re; disciplined betting, maybe the worst way to bet.

    Simply because you WANT ACTION. TV games?? People always want to have a horse in the race. You get a boring game with 2 teams that are boring to watch, ya may not even watch boring. Put a few bills on it. I am guilty of this. But trying.

    GL!

     
    Knollywood100
    Knollywood100
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2024 - 7:58 PM ET #9

    @TheMegaBombs

     

     I know that's right! Slow n steady is the way to go. Given good cappers are only hitting 60-63*% at best, I know I had a lucky year in 23. I'm just trying to only go with my strongest plays. But, it's again, a slippery slope. Yesterday I had 4 strong takes.  One, DEN +pts came home. 6 leans I didn't play,and 5 woulda won.

    Nobody thought it was gonna be easy.

     

    *correct me if I'm wrong

    The hospital? It's a big building with patients.
    Reply

    @TheMegaBombs

     

     I know that's right! Slow n steady is the way to go. Given good cappers are only hitting 60-63*% at best, I know I had a lucky year in 23. I'm just trying to only go with my strongest plays. But, it's again, a slippery slope. Yesterday I had 4 strong takes.  One, DEN +pts came home. 6 leans I didn't play,and 5 woulda won.

    Nobody thought it was gonna be easy.

     

    *correct me if I'm wrong

     
    OptimusOdds
    OptimusOdds
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 1:39 AM ET #10

    Totally with you, discipline and money management are the skills I need. It’s so easy to let emotions take over after a win or a loss, but sticking to the plan and not chasing those losses is key.

    Betting small but consistently is the play—slow and steady. It’s all about protecting your bankroll and letting those small wins stack up over time.

    If you stay disciplined, betting is way more enjoyable and way less stressful. Be smart, keep it cool, and you'll be set for the long run.

    Reply

    Totally with you, discipline and money management are the skills I need. It’s so easy to let emotions take over after a win or a loss, but sticking to the plan and not chasing those losses is key.

    Betting small but consistently is the play—slow and steady. It’s all about protecting your bankroll and letting those small wins stack up over time.

    If you stay disciplined, betting is way more enjoyable and way less stressful. Be smart, keep it cool, and you'll be set for the long run.

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2024 - 8:07 AM ET #11

    an_popcorn

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    an_popcorn

     
    joe pockets
    joe pockets
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2000
    Posts: 5522
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 10:47 AM ET #12

    I don’t know about tools but without these commodities I wouldn’t even download the draft king app, 1) A good income. 2) Healthy bank account! ….Ive have fond that luck is more important than good in any form of gambling….Gambling is a hobby if you think your going to make a living on it you better be on the taking bets end of gambling not the making bets end! an_popcorn

     

    Reply

    I don’t know about tools but without these commodities I wouldn’t even download the draft king app, 1) A good income. 2) Healthy bank account! ….Ive have fond that luck is more important than good in any form of gambling….Gambling is a hobby if you think your going to make a living on it you better be on the taking bets end of gambling not the making bets end! an_popcorn

     

     
    TheMegaBombs
    TheMegaBombs
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 11:34 AM ET #13

    @Knollywood100

     That’s it. But by the sounds of it your a perfect candidate to have a successful betting career. Keep at it.

    Reply

    @Knollywood100

     That’s it. But by the sounds of it your a perfect candidate to have a successful betting career. Keep at it.

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 1:26 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegaBombs:

    @Knollywood100  That’s it. But by the sounds of it your a perfect candidate to have a successful betting career. Keep at it.
    an_popcorn

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegaBombs:

    @Knollywood100  That’s it. But by the sounds of it your a perfect candidate to have a successful betting career. Keep at it.
    an_popcorn

     
    superbeets
    superbeets
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 18772
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 4:31 PM ET #15

    I know this may not be a popular answer but someone told me this 5 plus years ago..

    If you want to be successful then whatever your bet size is , half it and invest the other half.  So if you bet $100 then bet $50 and invest $50.. if you lose your bet then you win in long run.. I thought to myself , that is the dumbest sh@t I’ve ever  heard UNTIL I went through a bad streak and started doing it.  The BEST DECISION I ever made. 

    I bet a little more than $100 sometimes but that doesn’t matter what matters is I always put aside my half bet each time.. if you bet 2-3 times a day make sure you are investing that half of bet, 2 or 3 times a day in your favorite stock or crypto.. Open up app and DO IT .. doesn’t have to be crypto , it can be stocks , bonds , extra on 401k or whatever fund has a return.  .. you will thank me !!!

    You have to be disciplined and pretty soon , it becomes a natural thing.. At the end of day , you NEVER lose.. you may lose in the moment but it keeps you from being BROKE..you will NEVER beat the books and I mean NEVER.  You will get hot like all of us do, I’ve gone years being positive but then you go down a stretch of giving it back..Invest in yourself !!!

     

    Also the worst thing you can have is a book that does “credit”. You will never do what I’m saying if you have a PPH agent or bookie.  

    Think about it an_cheers

    Reply

    I know this may not be a popular answer but someone told me this 5 plus years ago..

    If you want to be successful then whatever your bet size is , half it and invest the other half.  So if you bet $100 then bet $50 and invest $50.. if you lose your bet then you win in long run.. I thought to myself , that is the dumbest sh@t I’ve ever  heard UNTIL I went through a bad streak and started doing it.  The BEST DECISION I ever made. 

    I bet a little more than $100 sometimes but that doesn’t matter what matters is I always put aside my half bet each time.. if you bet 2-3 times a day make sure you are investing that half of bet, 2 or 3 times a day in your favorite stock or crypto.. Open up app and DO IT .. doesn’t have to be crypto , it can be stocks , bonds , extra on 401k or whatever fund has a return.  .. you will thank me !!!

    You have to be disciplined and pretty soon , it becomes a natural thing.. At the end of day , you NEVER lose.. you may lose in the moment but it keeps you from being BROKE..you will NEVER beat the books and I mean NEVER.  You will get hot like all of us do, I’ve gone years being positive but then you go down a stretch of giving it back..Invest in yourself !!!

     

    Also the worst thing you can have is a book that does “credit”. You will never do what I’m saying if you have a PPH agent or bookie.  

    Think about it an_cheers

     
    TheMegaBombs
    TheMegaBombs
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2024
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2024 - 4:52 PM ET #16

    @superbeets

     Absolutely agree with you!

    Reply

    @superbeets

     Absolutely agree with you!

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2024 - 12:59 PM ET #17

    an_roll_laugh

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    an_roll_laugh

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2025 - 10:21 AM ET #18

    just go all in baby win

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    just go all in baby win

     
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2025 - 12:20 PM ET #19

    One of the MOST important things people overlook is "Paralysis by Analysis." In this age of information technology there is so much out there that you can talk yourself out of a wager that you really wanted to make and find that it actually was a winner. It's best to find one other handicapping source that's reliable and won't give you information overload. Personally, I listen to the "Simple Handicap Podcast" with Adam Chernoff. He's insightful, covers line movements and you'll appreciate his no-nonsense style.

     

    Lastly, I follow this mantra...

    When I want to bet and the handicapping source picks the same side as me, I'll increase the amount of my wager. 

    When we pick different sides, I'll naturally bet MY pick, I'll just decrease the amount of my wager  

    Either way I stick with my pick, it's MY money being wagered! 

    Reply

    One of the MOST important things people overlook is "Paralysis by Analysis." In this age of information technology there is so much out there that you can talk yourself out of a wager that you really wanted to make and find that it actually was a winner. It's best to find one other handicapping source that's reliable and won't give you information overload. Personally, I listen to the "Simple Handicap Podcast" with Adam Chernoff. He's insightful, covers line movements and you'll appreciate his no-nonsense style.

     

    Lastly, I follow this mantra...

    When I want to bet and the handicapping source picks the same side as me, I'll increase the amount of my wager. 

    When we pick different sides, I'll naturally bet MY pick, I'll just decrease the amount of my wager  

    Either way I stick with my pick, it's MY money being wagered! 

    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,747
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,569
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
    • MLB Playoffs 15,678
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
    • Week 6 Money 5,343
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,212
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,493

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.