I was just capping the weekend football & many of the free newsletters have some great stats. They all have a few side stories on other types of gambling, music etc & I came across this story.
The Beattles song HELP was written for a movie inspired by the Marx Brothers movie classic Duck Soup. John Lennon wrote the song & he was miserable at the time because of problems handling their fame, gaining weight & I guess other stuff. So the lyrics reflect him crying out for HELP. Who whudda thunk it? Right..
Help me if you can,
I'm feeling down.
And I do appreciate you being around,.
Help me get my feet back on the ground.
Won't you please help me, help me, help me.
Got any other stories behind the song?
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I was just capping the weekend football & many of the free newsletters have some great stats. They all have a few side stories on other types of gambling, music etc & I came across this story.
The Beattles song HELP was written for a movie inspired by the Marx Brothers movie classic Duck Soup. John Lennon wrote the song & he was miserable at the time because of problems handling their fame, gaining weight & I guess other stuff. So the lyrics reflect him crying out for HELP. Who whudda thunk it? Right..
"Rocky Raccoon" isn't about a raccoon at all. The guys name is just raccoon. Anyway, he's out for revenge against a guy named Dan who stole his girl. He checks in a room at the Saloon where Dan is staying with his girl, Magill (everyone knows her as Nancy). Anyway, he checks in only to find Gideon's bible. It's pretty much downhill from there.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
"Rocky Raccoon" isn't about a raccoon at all. The guys name is just raccoon. Anyway, he's out for revenge against a guy named Dan who stole his girl. He checks in a room at the Saloon where Dan is staying with his girl, Magill (everyone knows her as Nancy). Anyway, he checks in only to find Gideon's bible. It's pretty much downhill from there.
25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago is a debated song with its storyline. Apparently, it's not drug related as once believed. Just a reference to when the song starts. For the longest time, I didn't see the connection with "Does anybody really know what time it is" but hey two great songs.
25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago is a debated song with its storyline. Apparently, it's not drug related as once believed. Just a reference to when the song starts. For the longest time, I didn't see the connection with "Does anybody really know what time it is" but hey two great songs.
Got a few that most people already ARE familiar with.Smoke on the water, Pearl Jams Jeremy [pretty sad]Filters "Hey man nice shot" most think was about Kurt Cobain.But was actually about a fellow by the name of Robert Budd Dwyer. The State Treasurer was convicted of excepting bribes.And while maintaining his innocence held a live news conference..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1N8gGq1opw
Wow vet...a live suicide. That's wild. Never heard that story.
Can't watch that again. Once is good enough for me.
Quote Originally Posted by vetdrm:
Got a few that most people already ARE familiar with.Smoke on the water, Pearl Jams Jeremy [pretty sad]Filters "Hey man nice shot" most think was about Kurt Cobain.But was actually about a fellow by the name of Robert Budd Dwyer. The State Treasurer was convicted of excepting bribes.And while maintaining his innocence held a live news conference..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1N8gGq1opw
Wow vet...a live suicide. That's wild. Never heard that story.
Can't watch that again. Once is good enough for me.
Got a few that most people already ARE familiar with.Smoke on the water, Pearl Jams Jeremy [pretty sad]Filters "Hey man nice shot" most think was about Kurt Cobain.But was actually about a fellow by the name of Robert Budd Dwyer. The State Treasurer was convicted of excepting bribes.And while maintaining his innocence held a live news conference..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1N8gGq1opw
Wow vet...a live suicide. That's wild. Never heard that story. Can't watch that again. Once is good enough for me.
Yeah, Vet, i'm quite familiar with that song but never knew that. Crazy. The wife is asleep but I can't wait to ask if she knew about it.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:
Quote Originally Posted by vetdrm:
Got a few that most people already ARE familiar with.Smoke on the water, Pearl Jams Jeremy [pretty sad]Filters "Hey man nice shot" most think was about Kurt Cobain.But was actually about a fellow by the name of Robert Budd Dwyer. The State Treasurer was convicted of excepting bribes.And while maintaining his innocence held a live news conference..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1N8gGq1opw
Wow vet...a live suicide. That's wild. Never heard that story. Can't watch that again. Once is good enough for me.
Yeah, Vet, i'm quite familiar with that song but never knew that. Crazy. The wife is asleep but I can't wait to ask if she knew about it.