• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    The MicroTouch One razor ...

    Hugh_Jorgan
    BWS77
    SarasotaSlim
    sports_Network
    TheGoldenGoose
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 660
    Posts: 14
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 6:58 PM ET #1

    You know the razor that the guy from Pawn Stars promotes?

    Well, my wife bought one for me today as a result of my complaining about the MACH3 that I have used for years. I am of the opinion that the Mach3 has gone to a cheaper blade which simply isn't as good as in previous years.

    So I get in the shower, which is where I shave, with my new One razor, and I put the new device to use. Immediately I realize something is not going well ... instead of shaving the hairs it seems to be pulling my beard out one hair at a time. 

    As facial hair goes, I am about average. Not too hairy, but I can grow a beard. After all the beard hair that was just pulled out of my face, the growing a beard part might be in question.

    I'm not easily discouraged, so I start to adjust the angles at which I held the painful device, and to a small degree the pulling lessened, but the cutting was nonexistent. It was then that I happened to look down and notice a stream of blood swirling down the drain. This wasn't just a little blood from your ordinary nik, this was a solid flow which made me start to think that perhaps my face had a main artery in it which I just severed. If you are old enough to remember the movie Carrie and the prom scene when they poured a bucket of pig blood on her head, then you can appreciate what was going on in my shower. I had suffered 3 significant cuts to my chin.

    I get out of the shower, partially shaven but full of blood, and tend to my damaged face. I walk out of the shower and my wife is there looking at me and says "what the hell happened?". 
    I made a comment about it being a new trendy look for a man to wear half a roll of Charmin on his face, and then asked her if she bought me that deadly weapon hoping she could collect on my life insurance.

    Needless to say, I am not a fan of the MicroTouch One razor 


    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    You know the razor that the guy from Pawn Stars promotes?

    Well, my wife bought one for me today as a result of my complaining about the MACH3 that I have used for years. I am of the opinion that the Mach3 has gone to a cheaper blade which simply isn't as good as in previous years.

    So I get in the shower, which is where I shave, with my new One razor, and I put the new device to use. Immediately I realize something is not going well ... instead of shaving the hairs it seems to be pulling my beard out one hair at a time. 

    As facial hair goes, I am about average. Not too hairy, but I can grow a beard. After all the beard hair that was just pulled out of my face, the growing a beard part might be in question.

    I'm not easily discouraged, so I start to adjust the angles at which I held the painful device, and to a small degree the pulling lessened, but the cutting was nonexistent. It was then that I happened to look down and notice a stream of blood swirling down the drain. This wasn't just a little blood from your ordinary nik, this was a solid flow which made me start to think that perhaps my face had a main artery in it which I just severed. If you are old enough to remember the movie Carrie and the prom scene when they poured a bucket of pig blood on her head, then you can appreciate what was going on in my shower. I had suffered 3 significant cuts to my chin.

    I get out of the shower, partially shaven but full of blood, and tend to my damaged face. I walk out of the shower and my wife is there looking at me and says "what the hell happened?". 
    I made a comment about it being a new trendy look for a man to wear half a roll of Charmin on his face, and then asked her if she bought me that deadly weapon hoping she could collect on my life insurance.

    Needless to say, I am not a fan of the MicroTouch One razor 


     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 7:17 PM ET #2

    I always use trimmers then go blade if my beard hairs are more than 1/4 long.    Sounds painful though, I know that ripping feeling.   House sitting once for a friend and he didn't have a mirror in the shower so I had to do it dry, that was hell.   
    Reply
    I always use trimmers then go blade if my beard hairs are more than 1/4 long.    Sounds painful though, I know that ripping feeling.   House sitting once for a friend and he didn't have a mirror in the shower so I had to do it dry, that was hell.   
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 9:35 PM ET #3

    Hugh ,you had me in tears ..that is truly a hilarious..that antique Gillette old school razor isn't for everybody..lol





    Reply
    Hugh ,you had me in tears ..that is truly a hilarious..that antique Gillette old school razor isn't for everybody..lol





     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 6:19 AM ET #4

    Does this happen to the majority of men who use the MicroTouchOne? sounds like you were performing self-electrosis hair removal from your face...

    good read

    Reply

    Does this happen to the majority of men who use the MicroTouchOne? sounds like you were performing self-electrosis hair removal from your face...

    good read

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 9:09 AM ET #5


    MicroTouchOne.  Just more made in China junk from the Corporate Fukks.  I don't care how many free blades they give you.  Junk is junk.

    I too have noticed decreased quality on Gillette Mach3 blades.  Have settled on the two-blade Gillette Sensor XL.  Perfect for trimming around my goatee.

    Don't underestimate the quality of a good sensitive skin shave cream.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    MicroTouchOne.  Just more made in China junk from the Corporate Fukks.  I don't care how many free blades they give you.  Junk is junk.

    I too have noticed decreased quality on Gillette Mach3 blades.  Have settled on the two-blade Gillette Sensor XL.  Perfect for trimming around my goatee.

    Don't underestimate the quality of a good sensitive skin shave cream.
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 9:59 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    MicroTouchOne.  Just more made in China junk from the Corporate Fukks.  I don't care how many free blades they give you.  Junk is junk.

    I too have noticed decreased quality on Gillette Mach3 blades.  Have settled on the two-blade Gillette Sensor XL.  Perfect for trimming around my goatee.

    Don't underestimate the quality of a good sensitive skin shave cream.
    'Magic Shave' will take it all off, including the first layer of your skin
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    MicroTouchOne.  Just more made in China junk from the Corporate Fukks.  I don't care how many free blades they give you.  Junk is junk.

    I too have noticed decreased quality on Gillette Mach3 blades.  Have settled on the two-blade Gillette Sensor XL.  Perfect for trimming around my goatee.

    Don't underestimate the quality of a good sensitive skin shave cream.
    'Magic Shave' will take it all off, including the first layer of your skin
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 10:31 AM ET #7

    I haven't seen the commercial for this One. How many blades in the MicroTouchOne? I never shave with anything with less then 5 blades. good luck..
    Reply
    I haven't seen the commercial for this One. How many blades in the MicroTouchOne? I never shave with anything with less then 5 blades. good luck..
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 10:42 AM ET #8

    what happens if you use 4 blades?
    Reply
    what happens if you use 4 blades?
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 10:54 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    I haven't seen the commercial for this One. How many blades in the MicroTouchOne? I never shave with anything with less then 5 blades. good luck..



    This is a single blade double side razor.  Which was fine in the old days when they made high quality steel blades.

    Yes, five blades will give you the best shave if your beard is short.  If you go a full week and then try to shave with five blades it's NFG.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    I haven't seen the commercial for this One. How many blades in the MicroTouchOne? I never shave with anything with less then 5 blades. good luck..



    This is a single blade double side razor.  Which was fine in the old days when they made high quality steel blades.

    Yes, five blades will give you the best shave if your beard is short.  If you go a full week and then try to shave with five blades it's NFG.
     
    chaloots
    chaloots
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 3267
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 2:11 AM ET #10

    This thread is useless without pictures 
    Reply
    This thread is useless without pictures 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 12:27 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

     Have settled on the two-blade Gillette Sensor XL.  Perfect for trimming around my goatee.

    Don't underestimate the quality of a good sensitive skin shave cream.


    You can get a 25 pack of Sensor XL's @ Costco for 25-30 bucks and I can get about 3 or so good shaves per blade before that weak azz "Sensor-Strip" gel thing wears out. I shave every other day during the week (except for special occasions like a wedding on the weekend or something) so, basically, a buck a week = a 6 month supply. Done.....

    Barbasol "Sensitive Skin" shaving cream - 1 can @ WalMart is like $2 & change,  and you can get maybe a month and a half to two months per can - it says what it does, and does what it says.....

    If you pay anything more beyond that, you're a sucker.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

     Have settled on the two-blade Gillette Sensor XL.  Perfect for trimming around my goatee.

    Don't underestimate the quality of a good sensitive skin shave cream.


    You can get a 25 pack of Sensor XL's @ Costco for 25-30 bucks and I can get about 3 or so good shaves per blade before that weak azz "Sensor-Strip" gel thing wears out. I shave every other day during the week (except for special occasions like a wedding on the weekend or something) so, basically, a buck a week = a 6 month supply. Done.....

    Barbasol "Sensitive Skin" shaving cream - 1 can @ WalMart is like $2 & change,  and you can get maybe a month and a half to two months per can - it says what it does, and does what it says.....

    If you pay anything more beyond that, you're a sucker.....
     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 8:39 AM ET #12

    Entertainment at its finest! 
    That Carrie seen is just epic. 
    Made my day
    Reply
    Entertainment at its finest! 
    That Carrie seen is just epic. 
    Made my day
     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 8:40 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by chaloots:

    This thread is useless without pictures 

    Yeah! But it doesn't make this post less funnier. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by chaloots:

    This thread is useless without pictures 

    Yeah! But it doesn't make this post less funnier. 
     
     
    docterd597
    docterd597
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 16760
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 5:28 PM ET #14

    That story made my day....
    Reply
    That story made my day....
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 834
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,213
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,199
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.