I was at the Rockies baseball game yesterday and I needed a new hat. I would normally wear a hat to the game, but all of mine were looking a little ragged, so I did not wear one and figured I would get one there.
When I arrived at the park, I found a nice looking lid and was walking up to purchase it when I glanced at the price tag.
50 bucks. For a hat.
I don’t know. I make a very good living. I’m pretty financially secure. The tickets to the game were freebies but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
I was thirsty later on at the game and didn’t feel like spending $14 on a beer, I drank some water out of the fountain.
finally, I was out eating lunch the day before at a local restaurant, my salmon salad was $32 ( I live in Denver).
For me, like old Malcolm Gladwell, think I’ve reached the tipping point.
The worst part, I’ve turned into my Father.
He did the same thing at the same age, just kind of decreased his purchasing.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I was at the Rockies baseball game yesterday and I needed a new hat. I would normally wear a hat to the game, but all of mine were looking a little ragged, so I did not wear one and figured I would get one there.
When I arrived at the park, I found a nice looking lid and was walking up to purchase it when I glanced at the price tag.
50 bucks. For a hat.
I don’t know. I make a very good living. I’m pretty financially secure. The tickets to the game were freebies but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
I was thirsty later on at the game and didn’t feel like spending $14 on a beer, I drank some water out of the fountain.
finally, I was out eating lunch the day before at a local restaurant, my salmon salad was $32 ( I live in Denver).
For me, like old Malcolm Gladwell, think I’ve reached the tipping point.
The worst part, I’ve turned into my Father.
He did the same thing at the same age, just kind of decreased his purchasing.
I was at the Rockies baseball game yesterday and I needed a new hat. I would normally wear a hat to the game, but all of mine were looking a little ragged, so I did not wear one and figured I would get one there. When I arrived at the park, I found a nice looking lid and was walking up to purchase it when I glanced at the price tag. 50 bucks. For a hat. I don’t know. I make a very good living. I’m pretty financially secure. The tickets to the game were freebies but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I was thirsty later on at the game and didn’t feel like spending $14 on a beer, I drank some water out of the fountain. finally, I was out eating lunch the day before at a local restaurant, my salmon salad was $32 ( I live in Denver). For me, like old Malcolm Gladwell, think I’ve reached the tipping point. The worst part, I’ve turned into my Father. He did the same thing at the same age, just kind of decreased his purchasing.
my dad would always tip $5 no matter what the bill was or restaurant so as i got older i would take the waiter aside and tip him before the meal and give him a heads up on my dads 1950's way of living
Miss him Dearly
Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:
I was at the Rockies baseball game yesterday and I needed a new hat. I would normally wear a hat to the game, but all of mine were looking a little ragged, so I did not wear one and figured I would get one there. When I arrived at the park, I found a nice looking lid and was walking up to purchase it when I glanced at the price tag. 50 bucks. For a hat. I don’t know. I make a very good living. I’m pretty financially secure. The tickets to the game were freebies but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I was thirsty later on at the game and didn’t feel like spending $14 on a beer, I drank some water out of the fountain. finally, I was out eating lunch the day before at a local restaurant, my salmon salad was $32 ( I live in Denver). For me, like old Malcolm Gladwell, think I’ve reached the tipping point. The worst part, I’ve turned into my Father. He did the same thing at the same age, just kind of decreased his purchasing.
my dad would always tip $5 no matter what the bill was or restaurant so as i got older i would take the waiter aside and tip him before the meal and give him a heads up on my dads 1950's way of living